NFC

1. Nate Clements
2. DeAngelo Hall
3. Rhonde Barber
4. Lito Shepherd
5. Antoine Windfield

Merlin
06-19-2007, 08:53 PM
Rhonde Barber? Antonio Winfield (isn't is Antwon or something)?

Al Harris will never be on the list, Woodson should be. Nothing like going with media favorites.....geeesh...

Bretsky
06-19-2007, 08:55 PM
SPORTING NEWS TOP CB TANDEMS

AFC

1. Broncos- Bailey and Dre Bly
2. Raiders- Asomugha and Fabian Washington
3. Ravens- McCalister and Samari Roelle
4. Patriots- Samuel and Ellis Hobbs
5. Jaguars- Mathis and Brian Williams

NFC

1. 49ers- Clements and Walt Harris
2. Cowboys- Terrence Newman and Anthony Henry
3. Eagles- Lito Shepherd and Sheldon Brown
4. Packers- Harris and Woodsen
5. Buccaneers- Rhonde Barber and Brian Kelly

packinpatland
06-19-2007, 09:00 PM
That's better.

packinpatland
06-19-2007, 09:01 PM
Much better.

Bretsky
06-19-2007, 09:11 PM
Much better.

still trying to catch zig ? I'd recommend tying her up in the basement for a couple years. It's your only hope :wink:

HarveyWallbangers
06-19-2007, 09:13 PM
HERE ARE THE SPORTING NEWS TOP 5 AFC AND NFC CORNERBACKS

AFC

1. Champ Bailey
2. Chris McCalister
3. Rashean Mathis
4. Nnamdi Asomugha
5. Asante Samuel

NFC

1. Nate Clements
2. DeAngelo Hall
3. Rhonde Barber
4. Lito Shepherd
5. Antoine Windfield

The AFC rankings are pretty solid, but the NFC rankings are poor. Did they take a random fan, and have them pick? It's mostly guys that get media attention, but their play doesn't hold up. It's like Fred Smoot being highly ranked when he was playing for Washington.

Bretsky
06-19-2007, 09:16 PM

AFC

1. Champ Bailey
2. Chris McCalister
3. Rashean Mathis
4. Nnamdi Asomugha
5. Asante Samuel

NFC

1. Nate Clements
2. DeAngelo Hall
3. Rhonde Barber
4. Lito Shepherd
5. Antoine Windfield

The AFC rankings are pretty solid, but the NFC rankings are poor. Did they take a random fan, and have them pick? It's mostly guys that get media attention, but their play doesn't hold up. It's like Fred Smoot being highly ranked when he was playing for Washington.

I'll look in a minute after Ben Sheets slams the door on these guys

HEY, DRAFT DAY is coming soon !!

Bretsky
06-19-2007, 09:20 PM

AFC

1. Champ Bailey
2. Chris McCalister
3. Rashean Mathis
4. Nnamdi Asomugha
5. Asante Samuel

NFC

1. Nate Clements
2. DeAngelo Hall
3. Rhonde Barber
4. Lito Shepherd
5. Antoine Windfield

It's under their NFL Insider article; it appears they surveyed scouts/personnelll guys to come up with the list.

Behind each selection they have a paragraph regarding why they are on the list and much of that info must come from the insiders

packinpatland
06-19-2007, 09:22 PM
Much better.

still trying to catch zig ? I'd recommend tying her up in the basement for a couple years. It's your only hope :wink:

Damn! You're on to me. :wink:

HarveyWallbangers
06-19-2007, 10:41 PM
It's under their NFL Insider article; it appears they surveyed scouts/personnelll guys to come up with the list.

Behind each selection they have a paragraph regarding why they are on the list and much of that info must come from the insiders

If it's the same rankings they've been doing once/week for the past several weeks (one position each week), then the articles are attributed to "SN Correspondents." Their correspondents are local fishwrap writers covering teams--guys like Tom Silverstein of the Journal and Kevin Seifert of the Star & Sickle. Good guys, most are good at what they do, but they are far from scouts. And most of them concentrate more on their team--than other teams. Many scouts felt Barber had no business making the Pro Bowl last year. Many people feel the corner playing opposite Clements the last couple of years, McGee, performed as well as he did. Clements did have a bounce back year last year after a poor 2005. Winfield is okay there, but they could have easily put Woodson or Harris on the list. They are better cover corners--although Winfield is a solid all around corner. I like Sheppard. A lot of scouts think Hall is somewhat overrated, and the numbers seem to back that up. He gives up a lot of catches and TDs for a supposed shutdown corner. I think all of the AFC corners deserve to be in the top 5. They did a good job there, IMHO.

MJZiggy
06-20-2007, 06:56 AM
Much better.

Damn! You're on to me. :wink:

PIPL, you just need Tank to fight with for a couple months. That'll take care of a couple thousand right there....

Iron Mike
06-20-2007, 07:10 AM

That sounds kinda HAWT!!!!http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icon_shades.gif

BallHawk
06-20-2007, 07:24 AM
Deangelo Hall at #2 is a joke. The guy is a track star playing football. He's a name and nothing more. I'd take either of our CBs over Hall.

MJZiggy
06-20-2007, 07:36 AM

That sounds kinda HAWT!!!!http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icon_shades.gif

:oops:

packers11
06-20-2007, 01:00 PM
Deangelo Hall at #2 is a joke. The guy is a track star playing football. He's a name and nothing more. I'd take either of our CBs over Hall.

Could not agree more... Harris should just start talking shit to create attention to himself so he can be #1... It boggles my mind, D Hall lets up 2 td's in 1 game... Harris lets 1 TD up in a year... Yet they pick D Hall over Harris... :crazy: