PDA

View Full Version : Most entertaining sporting events you've ever seen

Partial
06-20-2007, 12:54 PM
Michigan at Wisconsin 2005
A battle of a game in the freezing rain, yet the mighty Wisconsin Badgers overcome those feisty Wolverines with a QB sneak by the great John Stocco to put them over the top!!

Best game i've ever seen live.

Best game I ever saw on TV was Texas vs USC in the national championship. That was a doosy of a game.

packinpatland
06-20-2007, 01:22 PM
"doosy"

Now that's a term you don't hear often. :wink:

BallHawk
06-20-2007, 02:43 PM
The 2007 NBA Finals.

oregonpackfan
06-20-2007, 02:44 PM
The USA hockey team upsetting the Soviet Union at the Olympics.

The Packers winning Super Bowl XXXI.

BallHawk
06-20-2007, 02:46 PM

I wish I could of been alive for that. With all the tension surrounding the game, it would of been euphoric to see USA win.

packinpatland
06-20-2007, 02:46 PM

I agree, #1 and a close #2

Bretsky
06-20-2007, 04:57 PM
A battle of a game in the freezing rain, yet the mighty Wisconsin Badgers overcome those feisty Wolverines with a QB sneak by the great John Stocco to put them over the top!!

Best game I ever saw on TV was Texas vs USC in the national championship. That was a doosy of a game.

Hands down; the Rose Bowl where UW beat UCLA 38-31. I was there. Best time of my life sports wise.

But we missed over half of the Rose Bowl Parade cause of my two buddies. Wife was pissed.

But GREAT GAME. Ron Dayne went wild and Fletcher put the nail in the coffin on an INT for Touchdown against Cade McNown.

Most of Pasadena was in red, and the overrated taunts to the UCLA Crowd (they had been rated #1 most of the year) were overwhelming.

oregonpackfan
06-20-2007, 05:19 PM

Hands down; the Rose Bowl where UW beat UCLA 38-31. I was there. Best time of my life sports wise.

But we missed over half of the Rose Bowl Parade cause of my two buddies. Wife was pissed.

But GREAT GAME. Ron Dayne went wild and Fletcher put the nail in the coffin on an INT for Touchdown against Cade McNown.

Most of Pasadena was in red, and the overrated taunts to the UCLA Crowd (they had been rated #1 most of the year) were overwhelming.

I loved that game too, Bretsky.

I watched that game on TV here in Oregon. The room was filled with ex-Californians who kept making remarks like "These Wisconsin farm boys don't belong on the same field as the Bruins."

I especially remember a sense of smugness in the middle of the 4th quarter. The Badgers had the ball and kept calling running plays to Ron Dayne. Despite the Bruins stacking the line of scrimmage, they just couldn't stop him.

Unfortunately, isn't that the game where thousands of Badger fans were scammed out of stadium tickets?

Freak Out
06-20-2007, 05:24 PM

I agree, #1 and a close #2

To that list I would add Hearns vs Hagler and Ali vs Foreman.

packinpatland
06-20-2007, 05:48 PM
I will never understand boxing. Here we are, the NFL is talking about players that have been 'concussed' and how to prevent these injuries etc...
then you have boxing.......two guys in a ring, beating each other senseless. :roll:

justanotherpackfan
06-20-2007, 09:19 PM
Boise State/Oklahoma anyone?

Partial
06-20-2007, 09:51 PM
Boise State/Oklahoma anyone?

I wanna watch that game again. Anyone know where its online for free streamed?

digitaldean
06-20-2007, 09:55 PM

Both monumental sporting events.

The Olympic win helped a country torn apart with hostages in Iran and economic problems. Helped too, that Badger standout Mark Johnson contributed to the USA's gold medal march. :flag:

Super Bowl win, what can you say? The euphoria from event was second only to the USA hockey win, but not by much.

Charles Woodson
06-20-2007, 10:08 PM
I will never understand boxing. Here we are, the NFL is talking about players that have been 'concussed' and how to prevent these injuries etc...
then you have boxing.......two guys in a ring, beating each other senseless. :roll:

the thing is that in the NFL, its not the main goal to beat the shit out of each other. Thats what boxing is. I mean the pay is great, lots of people watch it, and they do have a long time to recoup. Im not saying id ever do it but, i can see why some people would.

Partial
06-20-2007, 10:17 PM

the thing is that in the NFL, its not the main goal to beat the shit out of each other. Thats what boxing is. I mean the pay is great, lots of people watch it, and they do have a long time to recoup. Im not saying id ever do it but, i can see why some people would.

Fighting is the ultimate test of manliness. I have never fought but I get a rush like no other when I train using my heavy bag.

Partial
06-20-2007, 10:18 PM

The Olympic win helped a country torn apart with hostages in Iran and economic problems. Helped too, that Badger standout Mark Johnson contributed to the USA's gold medal march. :flag:

Super Bowl win, what can you say? The euphoria from event was second only to the USA hockey win, but not by much.

Mark Johnson was a stud. Eruzione gets all the lovin' today 'cause he was the captain, but Johnson was probably the best player on that team. The guy clearly can coach, too! Go Badgers!!

packinpatland
06-21-2007, 06:53 AM

Mark Johnson was a stud. Eruzione gets all the lovin' today 'cause he was the captain, but Johnson was probably the best player on that team. The guy clearly can coach, too! Go Badgers!!

Jim Craig. clearly. He was pretty close to defense-perfect.

Partial
06-21-2007, 08:06 AM
Jim Craig was a stud as well. Throughout the entire games. See the avatar :wink:

packinpatland
06-21-2007, 08:27 AM
It's been there awhile and I'm just now noticing??? :roll:

HarveyWallbangers
06-21-2007, 08:56 AM
Isn't this supposed to be the best sporting event you've seen live?

Watching Michael Jordan when he was with the Bulls was cool. Watching Sammy Sosa at Wrigley near the end of the 1998 season was cool. He hit a homer in the game. All of the Packer victories I witnessed were cool. Watching the Sioux beat the Gophers in hockey was cool. The top one for me though was probably the PGA Championship at Hazeltine. Watching a golf major live is pretty cool.

Partial
06-21-2007, 09:04 AM
Isn't this supposed to be the best sporting event you've seen live?

Watching Michael Jordan when he was with the Bulls was cool. Watching Sammy Sosa at Wrigley near the end of the 1998 season was cool. He hit a homer in the game. All of the Packer victories I witnessed were cool. Watching the Sioux beat the Gophers in hockey was cool. The top one for me though was probably the PGA Championship at Hazeltine. Watching a golf major live is pretty cool.

Badgers topping Wolverines baby! best game ever!

woodbuck27
06-21-2007, 02:52 PM
The best I've seen live was the first game of the LA Dodgers at Montreal Expos last series (winner to go to the World Series) where the Expos won that game and the City of Monteal went wild, anticipating that the Expos would go on to represent the National League in the WS.

What a celebration that night. It took almost two hours just to get out of the Olympic Stadium. It was absolutely wild.

Unfortunately the Expos dropped the game on Sat. and after a rainout on Sunday dropped the third game as well on Monday afternoon on the famous Rick Monday off Steve Rodgers HR with Rodgers coming out of the bullpen.

I can still see that line drive going to straight away CF over Andre 'the Hawk' Dawson's head. Ouch !!! :)

I was in Montreal with some Bud's fr. the Maritimes for the entire series.

Badgepack
06-21-2007, 03:36 PM
Badgers upsetting #4 Nebraska in 1974 on a last minute long TD pass.

Iron Mike
06-21-2007, 07:03 PM
Badgers upsetting #4 Nebraska in 1974 on a last minute long TD pass.

In 1974, I saw Mad Dog and Butcher Vachon open up a can of whoopass on
Nick Bockwinkel and Ray Stevens at the Brown County Arena.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/thevachons.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/thecrippler.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/nickbockwinkel.jpg