PDA

View Full Version : Packers Lose George Koonce

Patler
06-21-2007, 06:43 AM
He is leaving his job as Director of Player Development with the Packers to go to Marquette as an assistant A.D. for fund raising.

The Player Development spot has been an entry level position for explayers building new careers. I wonder who will be next?

Fritz
06-21-2007, 06:58 AM
I hear Cletidus Hunt is available.

packinpatland
06-21-2007, 07:04 AM
Maybe William Henderson? What is the word on him?

Tarlam!
06-22-2007, 07:21 AM
The Player Development spot has been an entry level position for explayers building new careers. I wonder who will be next?

I nominate William Henderson.

Bretsky
06-22-2007, 07:50 AM

Henderson would still like to play 1-2 years; my brother sat next to him by chance on an airplane. Very friendly and a true professional.

Had nothing but good things to say about Green Bay. Thinks he can still show value to a team as a FB, special teams player, and leader. I'd love to see New England sign him and get him another Super Bowl. I think that would be his dream scenario as well. Go to a winner and win the big one again.

Packers4Ever
06-22-2007, 01:54 PM
Maybe William Henderson? What is the word on him?

William would be just excellent! You're all probably

tired of hearing me tell about his stint on ESPN about

a year ago, sticking up for Brett Favre, I have no

idea of where he is right now, didn't he have a home

in GB with his family?

Great public speaker if nothing else....

Packers4Ever
06-22-2007, 02:03 PM

Henderson would still like to play 1-2 years; my brother sat next to him by chance on an airplane. Very friendly and a true professional.

Had nothing but good things to say about Green Bay. Thinks he can still show value to a team as a FB, special teams player, and leader. I'd love to see New England sign him and get him another Super Bowl. I think that would be his dream scenario as well. Go to a winner and win the big one again.

I think I hear you, Bretsky, wonder if he'd sign

if they did ask him.

Would be a logical choice to do some nose-thumbing,

wouldn't it?

The Leaper
06-22-2007, 02:24 PM
I can't see any team having much interest in WH. He didn't show much last year. He's certainly not a starter anymore...and why would you sign an aging vet like him to be your backup FB? He costs far more than a young unproven kid, and offers no upside.

The guy gave his all a long time in the league...there's no shame in reaching that point when you just don't have anything more left to give. I think he's there. He should consider the next step of his life...not hang on to something that is fleeting.