PDA

View Full Version : NFL Classics,NFL channel

packinpatland
06-21-2007, 07:03 PM
Right now, Green Bay vs Seattle.

The imfamous Hasselbeck moment, 'We want the ball...................

GrnBay007
06-21-2007, 07:05 PM
The imfamous Hasselbeck moment, 'We want the ball...................

.....and we're gonna score! OOPS!! maybe not. :lol: :taunt:

packinpatland
06-21-2007, 07:11 PM
Hasselbeck is quoted as saying "being associated with Brett Favre is one of the coolest things in my life".
:wink: That is pretty cool.

packinpatland
06-21-2007, 08:21 PM
Guess it's one of those nostalgic moments...........Henderson made a couple of really good plays. I am going to miss him.

pittstang5
06-21-2007, 09:10 PM
Guess it's one of those nostalgic moments...........Henderson made a couple of really good plays. I am going to miss him.

I miss that o-line. Cliffy, Wahle, Flanagan, Rivera, Tausch....MAN OH MAN, Do I miss that line!

MadtownPacker
06-21-2007, 09:57 PM
Replaying now here the west, and that play is gonna happen next!

MadtownPacker
06-21-2007, 10:05 PM
Ahh man, watching that just made me feel terrible. They where destined to go to the Superbowl. Everyone could tell they where hot at the right time and the ball was bouncing their way.

packinpatland
06-21-2007, 10:09 PM
4th and 26 :(

KYPack
06-21-2007, 10:10 PM
You got it, Mad.

You know you are a sick Packer fan when...

You find yourself rooting for them to score in the final seconds of regulation, when you have a pretty good idea the game goes into overtime!

MadtownPacker
06-21-2007, 10:28 PM
Have you watched the whole 4th&26 game again? I have seen the 1 play a grip of times, it seems like it's replayed all the time, but I have never seen the game from start to finish again. I think I'm ready to see it though.

MJZiggy
06-21-2007, 10:31 PM
Masochist...

Joemailman
06-21-2007, 10:54 PM
That was cool seeing Harris' interception again. I was at the game and the camera shot was from the same side of the field that we were sitting on. So, it looks on tv just like it looked from the stands. I was struck by a few things watching the game. First, it seems like ages since the Packers were in a game of that magnitude. Man, we need to get back to that. Also, Favre looks like he's aged about 15 years since that game. Finally, we have better athletes on defense now than we did then, so there is hope.

mraynrand
06-21-2007, 10:58 PM
Ahh man, watching that just made me feel terrible. They where destined to go to the Superbowl. Everyone could tell they where hot at the right time and the ball was bouncing their way.

They barely won a wildcard game at home and got to play a beat up Philly team on the road. They still would have had to beat Carolina on the road and the Patsies in the Superbowl. This madness that the Packers were destined to win it all in 2003 is far fetched. They were a very good offensive team and just so-so on defense. It's not that they couldn't beat Carolina or New England, but it was highly unlikely they'd beat both.

Also, why do the Sherman haters assume that Shermy could outcoach John Fox or Bill Belichick? Shermy sucked as a coach, yet they were going to beat Belichick. On the other hand, Shermy sucked, yet he beat Holmgren every time they played. Doesn't add up does it?

MadtownPacker
06-22-2007, 01:59 AM
They barely won a wildcard game at home and got to play a beat up Philly team on the road. They still would have had to beat Carolina on the road and the Patsies in the Superbowl. This madness that the Packers were destined to win it all in 2003 is far fetched. They were a very good offensive team and just so-so on defense. It's not that they couldn't beat Carolina or New England, but it was highly unlikely they'd beat both.

Also, why do the Sherman haters assume that Shermy could outcoach John Fox or Bill Belichick? Shermy sucked as a coach, yet they were going to beat Belichick. On the other hand, Shermy sucked, yet he beat Holmgren every time they played. Doesn't add up does it?It was highly unlikely that they would make the playoffs but they did. Sometimes you just have to seize the moment. They almost did and I don't gave a damn what you say IMO they would have beat Carolina. Then who knows with the Pats. The didn't exactly blow out the Panthers. Their defense wouldn't have shutdown the Pack O.

Either way it was the best shot they had at the SB since '98 and maybe the best one for while. I'm not a Sherman hater, I'm more of a Sherman regetter. He beat belichik and Fox before, why couldn't he have done it again?

packers11
06-22-2007, 02:14 AM
Imagine the 2003 offense and the 2007 defense...

packinpatland
06-22-2007, 07:16 AM
That was cool seeing Harris' interception again. I was at the game and the camera shot was from the same side of the field that we were sitting on. So, it looks on tv just like it looked from the stands. I was struck by a few things watching the game. First, it seems like ages since the Packers were in a game of that magnitude. Man, we need to get back to that. Also, Favre looks like he's aged about 15 years since that game. Finally, we have better athletes on defense now than we did then, so there is hope.

Deaths in the family , cancer, floods with total devastation, these things will age you.

KYPack
06-22-2007, 08:16 AM
Some wierd observations from that game:

Cris Collinsworth was a like a promo man for the Pack O-Line. I remembered a little of this, but it was much more extreme than I remembered

It sure did seem like a long time ago, it was amazing how much the roster has turned over since then.

Jamal Reynolds got in the game as a pass rusher on the last play. He never got out of his own footprints as the tackle completely stymied him.

At the end of the game, Brett rolled around on the ground with Torrance Marshall. Talk about two opposite career paths.

The sight of Ed Donatil was enough to get me angry. That guy was a gimmick artist coach if there ever was one.

Shermie's "deer in the headlights" look was almost good to see again.

I think I'm finally ready to watch 4-26 again. NFL classic - style. It's good to hear the original broadcast.

SudsMcBucky
06-22-2007, 09:43 AM
Well, Hasselbeck was partly right. After all, he DID throw the game winning TD in that game. :D

pittstang5
06-22-2007, 09:48 AM
I think I'm finally ready to watch 4-26 again. NFL classic - style. It's good to hear the original broadcast.

Oddly enough, so am I. I wonder if they will replay it in the near future. I'd like to record it.

PLUS - I wish they would re-air the Oakland game, the day after Favre's father passed away. Amazing game....simply amazing.

Carolina_Packer
06-22-2007, 10:02 AM
>>Imagine the 2003 offense and the 2007 defense...<<

Wait, is the 2007 season over? :-) I'm hopeful too, but we'll see what they can do. Expectations are nice to have, but sometimes hard to live up to. We'll see how they respond to a tougher schedule, and we'll see if they can shore up the db's big play give-ups. Perhaps Harrell will help in that regard by helping to disrupt the timing of the opposing offense more.

Packers4Ever
06-22-2007, 02:11 PM
You got it, Mad.

You know you are a sick Packer fan when...

You find yourself rooting for them to score in the final seconds of regulation, when you have a pretty good idea the game goes into overtime!

And the game was played eons ago !! :D

Very sick, :cry:

mraynrand
06-22-2007, 03:02 PM
It was highly unlikely that they would make the playoffs but they did. Sometimes you just have to seize the moment. They almost did and I don't gave a damn what you say IMO they would have beat Carolina.

Carpe Diem, eh? I think the Packers did the Carpe Diem thing like that guy in Dead Poet's Society (The 'I can't talk to my dad so I think I'll shoot myself' guy).

And, no matter what you say, I know you give a damn - otherwise you wouldn't have replied. Uh oh, I'd better be careful, I feel a Sally Field 'Oscar Moment' coming on....

MJZiggy
06-22-2007, 03:06 PM
:lol: :lol:

KYPack
06-22-2007, 03:44 PM

Oddly enough, so am I. I wonder if they will replay it in the near future. I'd like to record it.

PLUS - I wish they would re-air the Oakland game, the day after Favre's father passed away. Amazing game....simply amazing.

Man, I'd love to see that ballgame again.

A golden, classic Favre moment.

Packers4Ever
06-22-2007, 11:55 PM

Man, I'd love to see that ballgame again.

A golden, classic Favre moment.

All these memories of the best Packers' games, win or lose,

especially the Oakland game and SB, remind me that Favre's time

here is drawing shorter. Not meaning to be a downer here,

but it does "get" to me from time to time. :(

4and12to12and4
06-23-2007, 05:48 PM
I TVO'd the game, have it taped, and am going to watch it as soon as I'm done posting here. I can't wait. I get to watch us actually WIN a playoff game. I'm so excited. In fact, I'm outa here, gonna go watch it right now. :smk: