PDA

View Full Version : What are the Chances of the Packers landing Larry Johnson?

Chubbyhubby
06-22-2007, 11:57 AM
What are our chances? He would be a great addition to the ballclub in my opinion. Morency is a backup and Jackson is unproven. We should really get after this guy. We would soltify our running game for sure.

Thoughts?

wist43
06-22-2007, 12:11 PM
Chances are zero...

TT wouldn't give up a 7th rounder for Peyton Manning let alone Larry Johnson.

Chubbyhubby
06-22-2007, 12:17 PM
How about if we trade TT for Johnson?

BlueBrewer
06-22-2007, 12:23 PM
Are they going to shop him? I think the price would be way too high for TT. WIST is overboard as usual, but all in all I think he is right.

Freak Out
06-22-2007, 12:41 PM
Zero.

Chubbyhubby
06-22-2007, 12:43 PM
I heard on ESPN today that he might holdout of training camp wants more money. We need to fix our gaping hole at RB Jackson might be a player down the road. But we need to help the running game NOW before Brett retires. Jackson is our future when it comes to the running back postion no question. I think we should persue a veteran RB in FA or via trade.

rpiotr01
06-22-2007, 01:10 PM
First of all, that crazy KC GM was stingy about wanting a 4th rounder for Trent Green... what's he going to want for LJ? Three first round picks? I don't think anyone lands him because of that reason alone.

wist43
06-22-2007, 01:17 PM
I heard on ESPN today that he might holdout of training camp wants more money. We need to fix our gaping hole at RB Jackson might be a player down the road. But we need to help the running game NOW before Brett retires. Jackson is our future when it comes to the running back postion no question. I think we should persue a veteran RB in FA or via trade.

It should be obvious by now that TT couldn't care less about "winning now"... he's drafting all these guys to be long term players.

Of course, after Favre leaves they'll have no QB, which means they won't win later either.

Beyond that, they really do seem to believe that Morency is an every down back... of course, I disagree with that; but, like it or not, we're stuck with Morency as our starter, and there will be no help arriving before next year's draft - which of course, will be conducted with no consideration for need then either.

Chubbyhubby
06-22-2007, 02:36 PM
Perhaps TT is aiming to dethrown Matt Millen as "Bonehead Exec of the Year Award"

Lurker64
06-22-2007, 02:41 PM
Almost zero. Johnson is a great back, but he doesn't fit our scheme. You'd give up a lot for a great back that fits your scheme, but not for a great back that doesn't. Even if Thompson got involved in bidding on Johnson, someone who has a running attack more suited to Johnson would almost certainly outbid TT even if TT wasn't a skinflint.

retailguy
06-22-2007, 02:50 PM
How about if we trade TT for Johnson?

We can't do that. Thompson is the ONLY one who understands what the "plan" really is. :P :five:

mraynrand
06-22-2007, 03:06 PM
Chances are zero...

TT wouldn't give up a 7th rounder for Peyton Manning let alone Larry Johnson.

You finally get it, Wist. You can't part with those 7th rounders. Sure you might get a Whittaker or two, but you get a Donald Driver from time to time as well. Plus, learning a new offensive system would distract Peyton from his advertising career.

KYPack
06-22-2007, 03:37 PM
What are our chances?

Slim and none & Slim just left town.

Tony Oday
06-22-2007, 03:42 PM
I say we get him :) GREAT chance! hehe

I mean he has the best vision in the game at RB and is a one cut back so I have no IDEA where people are getting off saying he doesnt fit our scheme. Will it happen Im going out on a limb and saying HELL YA!!!

:glug:

The Shadow
06-22-2007, 04:12 PM
I wouldn't at all like to see the Packers pay an exhorbitant price for a Larry Johnson.
I'd much rather see what Morency & Jackson can do.
I'm more than happy to build a winner for the long run, and that's what's being done.
The "Oh my God, we have to mortgage everything NOW for Brett Favre"
sentiment is completely wasted on me.

BallHawk
06-22-2007, 04:27 PM
Johnson isn't worth what we would have to give.

Besides, between Morency and Jackson, one of them is bound to be a 1,000 yard back. :D

Partial
06-22-2007, 04:41 PM
Johnson isn't worth what we would have to give.

Besides, between Morency and Jackson, one of them is bound to be a 1,000 yard back. :D

Plus they're more flexible. Both seem like the type of back that could go out and be effective in space. Then again, who knows if Johnson can do that. I don't want to pigeon hole somebody based upon their body type. Stephen Jackson blows my mind.

Mazzin
06-22-2007, 05:14 PM
I agree, I wouldn't wanna give up a 1st, 2nd, and a 3rd. Or two 1st. Some kinda crazy shit like that. no way! :no:

Bretsky
06-22-2007, 05:24 PM
I wouldn't at all like to see the Packers pay an exhorbitant price for a Larry Johnson.
I'd much rather see what Morency & Jackson can do.
I'm more than happy to build a winner for the long run, and that's what's being done.
The "Oh my God, we have to mortgage everything NOW for Brett Favre"
sentiment is completely wasted on me.

At this point we have no idea what is being accomplished though.

That being said, I've completely fallen off the win now tree. Had a couple concussions and now I'm not climbing back up for a long time.

We are not contending next year so why go out and sign vets.

Play all the youngyans and see if they will be players or will suck. Worst case is we just draft high for a few more years.

I would appreciate it if TT would sign some piece of crap Vet for minimum wage so I can get rid of this dam signature though :lol:

Carolina_Packer
06-22-2007, 07:01 PM
It's all a ploy to get the Chefs to rip up his existing contract, ala Priest Holmes. You remember the dance...McKenzie...then Walker...oy! KC needs to show him the money for sure. He's that good. I think they will.

Rastak
06-23-2007, 08:13 AM
What are our chances?

Slim and none & Slim just left town.

Ha! I was going to say EXACTLY that when he first posted the thread....great minds think alike.....

Tarlam!
06-23-2007, 08:44 AM
1....great minds think alike.....

'Kay, Ras, I luv ya man, but a Vikes fan witha great mind???? Show me! :whaa:

Rastak
06-23-2007, 09:26 AM
1....great minds think alike.....

a Vikes fan witha great mind???? Show me! :whaa:

You are looking at him Tar......

:P

4and12to12and4
06-23-2007, 05:46 PM