PDA

View Full Version : Packers Release Babb!!!!!

Joemailman
06-23-2007, 09:42 AM
Packers release quarterback Babb

The Packers this week released undrafted rookie quarterback Jerry Babb, according to transaction wires sent to NFL teams.

The move leaves the Packers with four quarterbacks on their roster: Starter Brett Favre, backup Aaron Rodgers, second-year pro Ingle Martin and undrafted rookie Paul Thompson.

Babb, who played collegiately at Lousiana-Lafayette, signed with the Packers shortly after he went unselected in the NFL draft in late April. He took part in all their offseason work from that point but was released Thursday.

— Press-Gazette

Obviously, this move is designed to make room on the roster for Culpepper.

MTPackerfan
06-23-2007, 09:54 AM
:shock:

HarveyWallbangers
06-23-2007, 09:57 AM
:five:

Cheesehead Craig
06-23-2007, 12:39 PM
What's a Babb?

The_Dude
06-23-2007, 01:35 PM
wonder if they'll bring back stocco

Deputy Nutz
06-23-2007, 02:20 PM
Politics, Babb was a great QB that was shown the door once again because of Aaron "Twinkle Toes" Rogers. Babb had all the tools. I think the Packers are going to look back on this move in disgust in about two years.

4and12to12and4
06-23-2007, 05:38 PM
Who cares

CaliforniaCheez
06-23-2007, 07:55 PM
This should be seen in the proper and positive context.

My suspicion is that another draft pick is about to be signed and roster room is provided by this release.

As an aside as a kid I had a mildly retarded neighbor named Jerry Babb. When he was signed my brother and I got a good laugh remembering the guy from our childhood.

That Jerry Babb used to listened to Charlie Pride music but did so frequently. That's how we knew it was he making prank phone calls, always there were Charlie Pride songs being played in the background.
He was the first kid in school caught with cigerettes(4th grade).
He always read aloud incapable of reading without saying the words.

My sister-in-law could not understand my brother's uncontrollable laughter when I told him the Packers signed Jerry Babb. As QB!! Now the inside joke is over.

Rastak
06-23-2007, 08:26 PM
This should be seen in the proper and positive context.

My suspicion is that another draft pick is about to be signed and roster room is provided by this release.

As an aside as a kid I had a mildly retarded neighbor named Jerry Babb. When he was signed my brother and I got a good laugh remembering the guy from our childhood.

That Jerry Babb used to listened to Charlie Pride music but did so frequently. That's how we knew it was he making prank phone calls, always there were Charlie Pride songs being played in the background.
He was the first kid in school caught with cigerettes(4th grade).
He always read aloud incapable of reading without saying the words.

My sister-in-law could not understand my brother's uncontrollable laughter when I told him the Packers signed Jerry Babb. As QB!! Now the inside joke is over.

That's a great story......actually Charlie Pride was an interesting fellow himself.....

Carolina_Packer
06-23-2007, 09:27 PM
Country music HOF inductee in 2000, was an accomplished Negro League baseball player...Charlie Pride!

Jimx29
06-24-2007, 12:24 AM
What's a Babb?About $3.50 uptown

AV David
06-25-2007, 08:58 AM
" Politics, Babb was a great QB that was shown the door once again because of Aaron "Twinkle Toes" Rogers. Babb had all the tools. I think the Packers are going to look back on this move in disgust in about two years."

You're kidding, right?

Tarlam!
06-28-2007, 10:56 AM
" Politics, Babb was a great QB that was shown the door once again because of Aaron "Twinkle Toes" Rogers. Babb had all the tools. I think the Packers are going to look back on this move in disgust in about two years."

You're kidding, right?

Yeah, he's known 'round these parts explicitly for his sense of humour... :rs:

the_idle_threat
06-30-2007, 12:04 AM
What's a Babb?About $3.50 uptown

:lol: :lol: :lol: