PDA

View Full Version : Is this true??

packinpatland
06-23-2007, 03:37 PM
Anyone out there know anything about this?
This 'tidbit' came from another forum, so how reliable it is, is questionable.

Koonce just did an interview on 1250 wssp here in Milwaukee, and as the interview was closing he said that FA isn't over yet for the Packers. The hosts questioned him about this and asked if it would be a big time player. Koonce replied that he did some checking before he left (the Packer front office) for Marquette, and he expects a big time player to become a Packer. The hosts questioned him about who it was, but he wouldn't give in. As he was hanging up they asked whether it was offense or defense, and he answered offense.

BallHawk
06-23-2007, 04:31 PM
Who is there to get? I'm guessing he's just screwing with people.

HarveyWallbangers
06-23-2007, 04:31 PM
I wouldn't get my hopes up.

BallHawk
06-23-2007, 04:36 PM
Maybe it's Marco Rivera? I wouldn't be surprised if they're signing him for a one-day deal to retire as a Packer. :?:

BananaMan
06-23-2007, 04:38 PM
Here's a list of the top available offensive players:

RB Corey Dillion
RB Dominick Williams
RB Verron Haynes
WR Antonio Bryant
WR Eric Moulds
WR Travis Taylor
WR David Patten
WR Corey Bradford
TE Justin Snow
TE Erron Kinney

You have to be kidding me. None of these players are capable of making a splash, and we don't need any of them.

Partial
06-23-2007, 04:55 PM
I dunno, Antonio Bryant is a decent posession receiver when healthy. He's not a game changer, but he gets the job done and would be a solid #3 wide out.

Was that interview on Gary and Cliff? I did not hear that one. Perhaps it was the Doug Russell show in the morning.

HarveyWallbangers
06-23-2007, 05:01 PM
RB Corey Dillion
RB Dominick Williams
RB Verron Haynes
WR Antonio Bryant
WR Eric Moulds
WR Travis Taylor
WR David Patten
WR Corey Bradford
TE Justin Snow
TE Erron Kinney

You have to be kidding me. None of these players are capable of making a splash, and we don't need any of them.

Agreed. Dillon doesn't excite me. Williams and Kinney may never play again. I believe Taylor signed with Oakland. Antonio Bryant has talent, but I think he got suspended last year.

BallHawk
06-23-2007, 06:11 PM
Unless it is a proven guy that will help out immediately, I would rather save the roster spot for a young guy that has potential.

BananaMan
06-23-2007, 06:16 PM
Antonio Bryant is 26 years old and 6'2", 188. 2nd round pick for the Cowboys in 02.

"Bryant is a veteran receiver who signed with San Francisco as an unrestricted free agent before the 2006 season. He was arrested late in the season on suspicion of driving under the influence and received a four-game suspension from the NFL. He missed the 49ers' final two games and will have to miss the first two games of the 2007 season with his new team. Character-wise, he had the same issues in San Francisco he has had with previous teams -- he tends to rub everyone, from teammates to management, the wrong way. Bryant is a tall receiver, is long and has long arms. He does not have elite deep speed, but his speed is deceptive, and he can get vertical on a defender. Over his career he has shown solid big-play ability. He is a very good athlete and is explosive. He shows solid push off the line at the snap. He can get on top of the cornerback quickly and put pressure on a secondary. He shows solid overall competes between the lines. He wants the ball and will give up his body up to make a play on the ball. He can be a little sloppy with his route running at times, but he can get into and explode out at the top of his routes with little wasted motion. He is a dangerous player with the ball in his hands. He can get up the field quickly after the catch. He has excellent hands but will have drops because his concentration is not very good. He will make a spectacular grab, then drop a short curl route on third-and-5. He is not a physical player. He has good height but has more of a slender build. He does not like a lot of contact and can be taken out of his game by bumping and jostling. He is not a worker. He wants things to come easily to him. He does not give enough effort downfield as a blocker. His biggest weaknesses, however, are his lack of focus and his lack of maturity. He can complain when he does not get the ball and will show up his quarterback on the field when he is not happy. He needs to get involved in games early, or he can vanish on you."

Per ESPN.com

Bretsky
06-23-2007, 06:37 PM
Unless it is a proven guy that will help out immediately, I would rather save the roster spot for a young guy that has potential.

Agree

Let the bodies fight it out to see if any are players

CaliforniaCheez
06-24-2007, 12:26 AM
The Packers are one of the few teams with money.

Players get cut and are available all the time.

There was no need for all the whining in March.

Pretty soon the team will be winning as many games in a season as they did before Ted Thompson became GM.

Who really want somone elses garbage or malcontent??

Getting the right guy and not just anybody is important.

esoxx
06-24-2007, 01:02 AM
Yawn

green_bowl_packer
06-24-2007, 01:08 AM
Maybe it's Marco Rivera? I wouldn't be surprised if they're signing him for a one-day deal to retire as a Packer. :?:

This seems most realistic to me too. Koonce got the gig at Marquette because he was a professional, it seems a bit unprofessional to blurt out a free agent acquisition before it's official. Sounded like he was playing around with the DJ's. .

PaCkFan_n_MD
06-24-2007, 12:57 PM
Not really any 'big time" offensive players left. Unless someone gets cut I really don't see us getting a player of any significance. And the only disgruntled offensive player out there I think is LJ, but I don’t see TT making any trades.

KYPack
06-24-2007, 01:26 PM

Not true CHeez.

With the new CBA, many teams have $.

The guys that are unsigned have issues, physical, head cases, etc.

Bretsky
06-24-2007, 01:45 PM

Not true CHeez.

With the new CBA, many teams have $.

The guys that are unsigned have issues, physical, head cases, etc.

Very true; the teams with any urgency to improve themselves via free agency already have their players. And several teams have money left