PDA

View Full Version : Are you a Pack Rat?

packinpatland
06-24-2007, 10:23 AM
Are You a Pack Rat?
This was subject to one of those annoying emails that I get too many of. Made me take a second look tho. :whaa:
:lol:

This is what it was actually about:

Hate to throw stuff away? Hang onto broken dishware, thinking you’ll take up mosaics? Do you tuck away your grandma’s china, too nice to use – but never take it out? If these habits sound familiar, you may be a pack rat. Although many of us pile up clutter, for some people hoarding may be a sign of an obsessive-compulsive disorder…
click here to read more

oregonpackfan
06-24-2007, 10:55 AM
I believe I try to get maximum use out of my physical belongings but not to the point of being obsessive-compulsive about ownership.

I agree there has to be a healthy balance about retaining and maintaining your possessions but you cannot let them control your everyday life. One has to discard things you truly do not need.

I believe it was Henry David Thoreau who wrote in Walden Pond, "The more possessions a man accumulates, the more they become a burden to him."

packinpatland
06-24-2007, 10:58 AM
I believe I try to get maximum use out of my physical belongings but not to the point of being obsessive-compulsive about ownership.

I agree there has to be a healthy balance about retaining and maintaining your possessions but you cannot let them control your everyday life. One has to discard things you truly do not need.

I believe it was Henry David Thoreau who wrote in Walden Pond, "The more possessions a man accumulates, the more they become a burden to him."

I believe we are polar opposites....................except in all matters concerning the GB Packers. :wink:

MJZiggy
06-24-2007, 11:03 AM
I was kind of a pack rat for a while and then I looked around at my house and realized that I just don't have room for that amount of stuff. I got rid of loads and loads of it and won't buy anything unless I can say for sure where I will be able to store it or what I can wear it with...

Now all I have to do is figure out how to do the same thing with paper.

GrnBay007
06-24-2007, 12:06 PM
It's amazing how some people have that special nack to be a pack rat but be very organized about it .......so nobody knows...lol My Mom was that way. We are in the process of going through everything in their house to get it ready to sell and holy cow!!! She kept ALOT of stuff....but was very organized about it. I wish I had her organizational skills. :oops: