PDA

View Full Version : Chris Benoit and Family Found Dead

Partial
06-25-2007, 08:57 PM
Wrestler Chris Benoit, Family Found Dead
Police Investigating Deaths As Homicides

POSTED: 9:14 pm EDT June 25, 2007

FAYETTEVILLE, Ga. -- WWE wrestler Chris Benoit, his wife and son were found dead in their Georgia home Monday. Police said they're investigating the deaths as a homicide.

A spokesman for the Fayette County Sheriff's Department said the three were found at their home Monday afternoon. No other details were available.

Results of autopsies on Benoit, his wife, Nancy, and 7-year-old-son Daniel are expected Tuesday.

The 40-year-old Benoit was a former world heavyweight champion, Intercontinental champion and held several tag-team titles over his career.

WWE issued a statement extending "its sincerest thoughts and prayers to the Benoit family's relatives and loved ones in this time of tragedy."

Benoit had been scheduled to perform at the "Vengeance" pay-per-view event Sunday night in Houston, but was replaced at the last minute because of what announcer Jim Ross called "personal reasons."

I haven't watched wrestling in years but he was always one of my favorites. Sad story that his whole family passed away. I have read speculation that it was carbon monoxide poisoning. My prayers are with the hart and benoit families.

BallHawk
06-25-2007, 09:15 PM
If I had to guess, I'd say murder-suicide. Sad story.

Partial
06-25-2007, 09:37 PM
If I had to guess, I'd say murder-suicide. Sad story.

I don't think there is any reason to suspect that at this point. Another rumor I have heard said he had to leave the pay-per-view because his wife puked blood last night. Tuberculosis?

Brando19
06-25-2007, 10:49 PM
According to wwe.com....it was indeed a double murder-suicide from within the home. Very, very sad. Apparantly he sent a disturbing text message to a wrestling buddy of his in the locker room. This buddy tried calling him and WWE got worried so they contacted authorities, who later found them dead.

esoxx
06-26-2007, 05:44 PM
ABC News reports he strangled his wife, smothered his 7 yr boy to death and then hanged himself.

To say this is warped sickness doesn't do justice.

Whatever problems he had were deep. Throw in some 'roid rage and the results are disturbing.

LL2
06-26-2007, 08:26 PM
Why are people killing their kids too? These are puzzling questions I will never figure out. Here in Illinois a few weeks ago a man killed his wife and three kids. You may have heard of it. He's now in prison and hopefully they hang the SOB. I can't understand what would make a person to want to kill their own kids or even their wife. A lot of bad news like this over the past month.

justanotherpackfan
06-26-2007, 09:39 PM
Whatever problems he had were deep. Throw in some 'roid rage and the results are disturbing.
No amount of steroids will make you angry enough or depressed enough to kill your family.

esoxx
06-26-2007, 09:51 PM
No amount of steroids will make you angry enough or depressed enough to kill your family.

Which I never said it was the reason. Don't put words in my mouth.

Just a part of the equation. Probably didn't help.

Freak Out
06-26-2007, 10:00 PM

How do you know that? I am no expert so I ask the question. I met someone once who was shooting bull testosterone to become more aggressive in the ring. Sounds like bullshit :lol: but I don't know. This dude scared me. I doubt he needed it because I thought he was fucking crazy enough.

mraynrand
06-27-2007, 02:07 AM
Why do these guys kill the family first and then off themselves? Apparently, in most cases (where there has been psychiatric history, notes left behind, etc.) there is extreme delusional naracissism involved. These guys actually believe their families will be so devastated if they kill themselves that they kill their family first to spare them the anguish of living knowing their husband/father is dead. Gee thanks dad for killing me before you committed suicide.

BallHawk
06-27-2007, 07:05 AM
Don't you think that it's wrong for WWE to of given a 3-hour tribute to, whichever way you put it, a murderer? I know they didn't know all of the information at that time, but they should of suspected it.

As horrible as it seems, I can understand why someone would kill their wife, but the kids? They're just innocent bystanders. It seems wrong to take them at such a young age when they didn't even get to live yet. I remember about 3 years ago there was a guy in Florida that killed his wife and then slit his two kids throat's, 10 and 8, while they were sleeping. But you know what? He didn't kill the dog. Apparently, the dog was more deserving of life then his kids.

Iron Mike
06-27-2007, 08:00 AM
It's a strange story that just keeps getting stranger:

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/2007/articles/1182900747.php

LL2
06-27-2007, 08:23 AM
These guys actually believe their families will be so devastated if they kill themselves that they kill their family first to spare them the anguish of living knowing their husband/father is dead.

Never thought of it that way. I have a freind who had a uncle that killed his wife then himself. The kids were college students and away at college. I asked him why would he kill his wife and not just himself, and his response was was that a lot of selfishness is part of the equation.

Jimx29
06-27-2007, 12:18 PM
Don't you think that it's wrong for WWE to of given a 3-hour tribute to, whichever way you put it, a murderer? I know they didn't know all of the information at that time, but they should of suspected it.

That was a knee-jerk reaction since one would not be thinking of stuff like this. McMahon went on TV last night and said that during that nights telecast, there will be no mention of him or the situation.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-27-2007, 12:32 PM
Wrestling is for booger eaters.

BallHawk
06-27-2007, 01:03 PM

That was a knee-jerk reaction since one would not be thinking of stuff like this. McMahon went on TV last night and said that during that nights telecast, there will be no mention of him or the situation.

The thought must of come into their minds. It was the first thing I thought, and I'm sure others thought it to.

PaCkFan_n_MD
06-30-2007, 01:30 PM
WOW. I can't believe another WWE guy died. I used I watch the WWE when it was still the WWF and he was always one of the best. I very interested I find out the exact reason for this.