PDA

View Full Version : He has his work cut out for him.

GrnBay007
06-26-2007, 08:22 AM
I agree with what he's trying to do but it's not going to be easy.....

Goodell stresses conduct with draft class

Roger Goodell briefed all 255 members of this year's draft class Monday on the NFL's stricter conduct rules. Hours later, the Chicago Bears released troubled defensive tackle Tank Johnson in a move that most likely underscored the commissioner's message.

"We're concerned about them as men," Goodell said at the league's rookie symposium in Palm Beach Gardens, Fla., shortly before Johnson's release was announced. "How do they become not only great NFL players, but how do they become great men? How do they conduct themselves appropriately for the remainder of their life, not just when they're in the National Football League?"

Goodell spent about 20 minutes with this season's draftees on that topic, mostly in a question-and-answer session.

"I'd be naive to think everyone would be able to understand it," Goodell said. "But I think we're making players more aware of the standards of behavior. We're giving them more tools and resources to make sure they can make those decisions."

Whole article:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6959484

Fritz
06-26-2007, 08:30 AM
Weird. I can see having to teach the immature incoming college freshman about conduct, but it's a shame you have to lecture incoming pros.