PDA

View Full Version : Let the Rejoicing Begin!

the_idle_threat
06-28-2007, 01:41 PM
Spice Girls announce reunion tour

http://music.yahoo.com/read/news/44921474

06/28/2007 7:58 AM, AP

The Spice Girls wannabe stars again.

Following a calculated publicity buildup, the original Girl Power group of the 1990s announced Thursday that they have agreed to reunite for six concerts around the world — their first since breaking up in 2001.

Talk of a reunion had swirled for weeks — boosted by Sporty Spice herself.

Victoria (Adams) Beckham (Posh Spice), Melanie Chisholm (Sporty Spice), Geri Halliwell (Ginger Spice), Emma Bunton (Baby Spice) and Melanie Brown (Scary Spice) formed the Spice Girls in 1994. They became a global hit.

Chisholm, who had opposed a reunion, recently told the British Broadcasting Corp. she had changed her mind.

"For the first time ever, there is some truth in the rumors. We've been discussing it and it could possibly happen," the 33-year-old singer told BBC radio.

"I've always said, `I don't want to do it, the past is the past. It was amazing, it was magical. We could never recreate it,'" Chisholm said. "But this year people have been talking about it and some of the girls have expressed an interest in doing it."

The Spice Girls' 2000 album, "Forever," had weak sales, and they began concentrating on their solo careers.

############################

They probably figured the time is ripe. If a no-talent like Paris Hilton can dominate the media for weeks on end, then there's no limit to the amount of coverage that five no-talents can muster! Might even sell a few dozen more albums. :lol:

oregonpackfan
06-28-2007, 02:47 PM
Aaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!

My daughter used to play their casette tape over and over and over...

I vividly remember the day the Spice Girls broke up. I was the coach of my daughter's softball team of 11-12 year olds.

We were having softball practice. My two assistants and I had the girls broken into 3 different practice stations. I was hitting pop flies to a group of about 5 outfielders.

Suddenly one of the girls from another station announced the "shocking" breakup of The Spice Girls. . Our girls screamed and began chatting incessantly with each other! I hit a pop fly and none of the girls gave it a second thought much less tried to catch it.

Looking over at the other two stations, the girls were doing the same thing. We three Dads just looked at each other and sighed.

Though we eventually got the girls back on task, the quality of the practice activities was shot--all because of the Spice Girls breakup! :roll:

Scott Campbell
06-28-2007, 03:08 PM
Our girls screamed and began chatting incessantly with each other! I hit a pop fly and none of the girls gave it a second thought much less tried to catch it.

Sporty Spice would not have approved.

Joemailman
06-28-2007, 04:49 PM
In case you've forgotten how great they were:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbjwW1XjGxU

LL2
06-28-2007, 06:27 PM
Aren't they all MILF's or desparate housewives now?

BallHawk
06-28-2007, 07:14 PM
Aren't they all MILF's or desparate housewives now?

Aren't those basically synonyms?

oregonpackfan
06-28-2007, 07:20 PM

Joemailman,

Thanks a lot for ripping open an old wound! :)

That was my daughter's favorite Spice Girl song. For several months, she would play that song several times in a row before school.

It nearly drove me nuts! :roll:

MJZiggy
06-28-2007, 07:25 PM
OPF, that's what you get for clicking on everything you see even when you know you should know better... :taunt:

woodbuck27
06-29-2007, 03:24 PM
This just reminded me that I need to purchase some pepper.

Thanks. :)

Freak Out
06-29-2007, 04:53 PM
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.......................Unless they tour naked.

esoxx
06-29-2007, 05:50 PM
I'm stoked.

the_idle_threat
06-30-2007, 10:40 AM

Sweet nectar of Christ, that was awful!!! :whaa::whaa::whaa:

That video could be a tactic at Guantanamo.

the_idle_threat
10-01-2007, 09:39 PM
Spice Girls tickets in London sell out in 38 seconds

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071001/ennew_afp/entertainmentbritainmusicspicegirlstickets

Mon Oct 1, 5:22 PM ET

LONDON (AFP) - Tickets for the Spice Girls' comeback concert in London sold out in just 38 seconds, the show's organisers announced on Monday.

Demand was so overwhelming -- more than one million people in Britain registered for the sole London show -- that organisers added three more London dates to the tour.

The five original Spice Girls -- Scary, Sporty, Ginger, Posh and Baby -- will kick off their worldwide reunion tour on December 2 in Vancouver, their first since Geri Halliwell quit in May 1998, with a December 15 concert scheduled at London's O2 arena.

Organisers added London concerts on December 16 and 18 and January 2 to the tour.

The group, made up of Halliwell, Victoria Beckham, Emma Bunton, Melanie Brown and Melanie Chisholm, will also perform in San Jose, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, New York, Cologne, Madrid, Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong, Sydney and Cape Town before ending at Buenos Aires on January 24, 2008

The Spice Girls sold over 50 million records worldwide and scored nine British number one singles, including "Wannabe" and "Spice Up Your Life".

They announced they were reforming for a comeback tour in June but have denied the move is financially motivated.

So which of our European Rats will be part of this crowd?

Tarlam? Crosbiegrad? Terry? MMMichael? Sepporepoeoppi?
:D :D :D

Partial
10-01-2007, 10:06 PM
This just reminded me that I need to purchase some pepper.

Thanks. :)

quoted for the odd humor in this

GBRulz
10-01-2007, 10:07 PM

Posh has a very very very very hot husband. That's about the best thing I can say about the Spice Girls. Except for whatever reason, I had to sit and watch that whole video, lol.

Deputy Nutz
10-01-2007, 10:12 PM
I jerked off on my friend's sister's album cover one night in the summer of 1996.

I was a horrible person back then.

GBRulz
10-01-2007, 10:13 PM
more rejoicing....Britney lost custody of her kids

Deputy Nutz
10-01-2007, 10:20 PM
more rejoicing....Britney lost custody of her kids

You can't tell me K-Fed is a better parent than Britany.

the_idle_threat
10-01-2007, 10:26 PM
Maybe the former bodyguard got them. Or the nanny, considering that's who's raising them anyway.