PDA

View Full Version : Hamlin

HarveyWallbangers
06-29-2007, 12:42 AM
Kind of interesting that Hamlin has to battle for a starting gig.

Rob Phillips, of DallasCowboys.com, reports Dallas Cowboys FS Pat Watkins is competing with FS Ken Hamlin for the starting free safety position this season.

KYPack
06-29-2007, 07:28 AM
All the FA safeties that were available were the same kind of player. Decent run guys, but shaky in coverage. Hamlin is that way, too. I'd make him compete for a gig, too.

Our guy, (MM) is the same kind of player.

Merlin
06-29-2007, 10:00 AM
Didn't Hamlin start ahead of Manual in Seattle? If that was the case, at least the Cowboys are smart enough to let him compete for the starting job instead making him the immediate starter even though he was a starter with his former team. Unlike some teams that pick up the backup to said player because they have a huge hard on for him and anoint him the immediate starter without ever having been a starter.

HarveyWallbangers
06-29-2007, 09:45 PM
Did the Packers anoit Manuel the starter? I don't recall that. In fact, I thought there was talk that Underwood could be the starter--before he got hurt.

Packnut
06-30-2007, 09:34 AM
I got a twenty dollar bill that says Hamlin starts if healthy. Any takers?

Fritz
06-30-2007, 09:41 AM
Did the Packers anoit Manuel the starter? I don't recall that. In fact, I thought there was talk that Underwood could be the starter--before he got hurt.

Thank you for injecting some reality into this thread.