PDA

View Full Version : What Site Do You Use To Purchase Airline Tickets?

BallHawk
06-29-2007, 10:00 PM
Just curious as to what site you guys use to purchase airline tickets. The ones that come to mind are Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, as well as buying direct from the airline.

Which one do you feel offers the best price, options, service, etc?

MJZiggy
06-29-2007, 10:11 PM
Why do you ask?

retailguy
06-29-2007, 10:17 PM
Why do you ask?

14 year olds buy tickets all the time.... :roll:

BallHawk
06-29-2007, 10:20 PM
Why do you ask?

Well, between business meetings and company-paid vacations, I have to find some way to save money. :wink:

GrnBay007
06-29-2007, 10:25 PM
Why do you ask?

Well, between business meetings and company-paid vacations, I have to find some way to save money. :wink:

Come clean our favorite Ballhawk.......you've been slipping a lot lately. We will like you even if you are 40 or 60...or 90!! :D

BallHawk
06-29-2007, 10:27 PM
In all seriousness, I usually use expedia or I buy direct from Delta. However, I'm just curious to see if there is a small site that isn't as well-known, but has better deals. My family and I are flying up to Maryland in two weeks and we're going to be going through DCA. I'm not really used to purchasing tickets outside of the south, so I'm not really sure what the usual "going rate" is for east coast flights. Obviously, I'm not really "purchasing" the tickets myself, but I just find it and then take the credit card.

All help is appreciated.

MJZiggy
06-29-2007, 10:30 PM
Careful with DCA. That's 3 airports you know. BWI is more expensive. IAD is out of your way, and I forgot the code for Reagan. Which airport do you actually want?

BallHawk
06-29-2007, 10:34 PM
Careful with DCA. That's 3 airports you know. BWI is more expensive. IAD is out of your way, and I forgot the code for Reagan. Which airport do you actually want?

The code for Reagan is DCA, as far as I know.

GrnBay007
06-29-2007, 10:35 PM
In all seriousness,

In all seriousness my 13 yr. old has never been concerned about where our airline tickets come from.

C'mon BHawk....confession time!!

BallHawk
06-29-2007, 10:39 PM
In all seriousness,

In all seriousness my 13 yr. old has never been concerned about where our airline tickets come from.

Well, I might as well let the cat out of the bag......

I'm Ted Thompson.

Scott Campbell
06-29-2007, 10:43 PM
In all seriousness,

Maybe he's waiting for Green Day to come clean.

the_idle_threat
06-30-2007, 12:07 AM
http://www.midwestairlines.com/MAWeb/

I'm gonna miss it when it's gone. :(

Friggin Airtran! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Freak Out
06-30-2007, 12:45 AM

You talking about Valujet? The scum running the airline was bad but the Feds at the time were even worse. Who was the dirtbag Transpo Sec at the time that was like a damn cheerleader for the airline instead of looking out for the Public? That still pisses me off.

the_idle_threat
06-30-2007, 12:56 AM

You talking about Valujet? The scum running the airline was bad but the Feds at the time were even worse. Who was the dirtbag Transpo Sec at the time that was like a damn cheerleader for the airline instead of looking out for the Public? That still pisses me off.

Nah, I'm talking about Airtran Airlines' hostile takeover bid for Midwest Airlines. Don't know a thing about Valujet. :?:

Fosco33
06-30-2007, 01:09 AM
Sidestep is great - searches all airlines and travel sites with good navigation.

Partial
06-30-2007, 01:55 AM

Nah dude, its gonna become a hub and its going to be a beautiful thing for sweet milwaukee.

Partial
06-30-2007, 01:56 AM
Dude, you're not 14. What the hell?

At any rate, here (http://www.airportexplorer.com/cheap-flights) is what I recommend you read.

GrnBay007
06-30-2007, 02:05 AM
In all seriousness,

Maybe he's waiting for Green Day to come clean.

Like THAT's gonna happen......he walks alone.

:P

the_idle_threat
06-30-2007, 02:45 AM

Nah dude, its gonna become a hub and its going to be a beautiful thing for sweet milwaukee.

I don't agree. Losing a corporate headquarters in exchange for a hub is not a good trade for the city.

And that isn't even my biggest gripe. Airtran's gonna make it just another discount cattle carrier. There are plenty of those already. Midwest provides unique service at their particular price point that will go the way of the dodo. :(

MJZiggy
06-30-2007, 07:42 AM
Ummmm....Milwaukee IS ME's hub...If you think Airtran is making things sweet by making Milwaukee a hub, not much will change, except perhaps the sweet little connecting flights to all the junior airports in the area...

Patler
06-30-2007, 07:50 AM
No way will Midwest Express even resemble itself in a small way 5 years after a takeover. The service, comfort and chocolate chip cookies will be distant memories of a once great airline! It probably won't even take 3 years.

the_idle_threat
06-30-2007, 09:40 AM
No way will Midwest Express even resemble itself in a small way 5 years after a takeover. The service, comfort and chocolate chip cookies will be distant memories of a once great airline! It probably won't even take 3 years.

Agreed.

Scott Campbell
06-30-2007, 09:48 AM
Why do you ask?

I was going to fix you up with my 13 year old daughter in a couple of years - you bastard!

Partial
06-30-2007, 10:06 AM
Ummmm....Milwaukee IS ME's hub...If you think Airtran is making things sweet by making Milwaukee a hub, not much will change, except perhaps the sweet little connecting flights to all the junior airports in the area...

There will be a lot more flights. That is what I am implying.

the_idle_threat
06-30-2007, 10:26 AM
A lot more unnecessary flights that add no value. If the service and comfort levels fall in line with the rest of the pack, then there's no reason to fly Airtran as opposed to any other airline that already flys out of Gen. Mitchell.

Scott Campbell
06-30-2007, 10:41 AM
A lot more unnecessary flights that add no value.

More flight choices usually help keep fares down. I see value in that.

Freak Out
06-30-2007, 10:59 AM

Nah, I'm talking about Airtran Airlines' hostile takeover bid for Midwest Airlines. Don't know a thing about Valujet. :?:

Airtran was at one time called Valujet. They changed the name of the airline after they killed a bunch of people. Very sad story. Low cost does not always mean safe.

the_idle_threat
06-30-2007, 11:02 AM
A lot more unnecessary flights that add no value.

More flight choices usually help keep fares down. I see value in that.

Probably in the short term, as Airtran increases competition among the value carriers.

But airline profit margins are already so razor thin that there's not much to gain in a price war. Someone will be crowded out of the market pretty quickly rather than operate at a loss, and then you're back to the same number of flights as before.

the_idle_threat
06-30-2007, 11:06 AM
Airtran was at one time called Valujet. They changed the name of the airline after they killed a bunch of people. Very sad story. Low cost does not always mean safe.

OK I gotcha. Wasn't it Valujet who put that one down in the Everglades? I guess I knew they changed their name, but didn't know it was Airtran.

Freak Out
06-30-2007, 11:10 AM

OK I gotcha. Wasn't it Valujet who put that one down in the Everglades? I guess I knew they changed their name, but didn't know it was Airtran.

Bingo.

Bretsky
06-30-2007, 03:06 PM
In all seriousness,

Well, I might as well let the cat out of the bag......

I'm Ted Thompson.

Danget BH, I liked you and thought you were smart. You can't be the Snapper !! :lol:

BallHawk
06-30-2007, 04:40 PM
Are you insisting, that I, Ted Thompson, are not smart? :evil: :evil:

retailguy
06-30-2007, 07:02 PM

No, we're insisting you aren't 14. come clean. The ruse is up.

BallHawk
06-30-2007, 07:18 PM

No, we're insisting you aren't 14. come clean. The ruse is up.

Sorry, can't post now. My wife and I are about to go over to my co-workers house for dinner. I'll see if I will have a chance to post later on my blackberry, even though it is supposed to be for business. The boss doesn't like it when I rack up a high fee.

Bretsky
06-30-2007, 08:07 PM

Yes

GrnBay007
06-30-2007, 08:43 PM
Sorry, can't post now. My wife and I are about to go over to my co-workers house for dinner.

Now TT was believable until you said wife!! :P

BallHawk
06-30-2007, 08:49 PM
Sorry, can't post now. My MOM and I are about to go over to my co-workers house for dinner.

Now TT was believable until you said wife!! :P

Now is it more believable?