PDA

View Full Version : Your wild prediction for the 2007 season....

MadtownPacker
06-30-2007, 12:09 PM
By now we all mostly knows who feels like the team is looking up or down for 2007 so bust out the crystal ball and make a prediction on something unexpected you think might happen during the 2007 season.

I say Tyrone Culver becomes the starter at safety opposite of Collins at some point in the season.

GrnBay007
06-30-2007, 12:35 PM
3 TD's for JJ !!

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/38/387621m.jpg
WR JAMES JONES #89

GoPackGo
06-30-2007, 12:38 PM
Morency rushes for 1100 yards and Jackson for 800 yards.

MJZiggy
06-30-2007, 12:55 PM
DD, GJ are powerhouses and Ruvell Martin becomes the unexpected red zone threat that no one seems to be able to stop....

PaCkFan_n_MD
06-30-2007, 01:17 PM
John Jolly moves ahead of Cole and grabs and spot on the active roster.

Bioford beomes our KR and returns two for a score.

Bretsky
06-30-2007, 03:22 PM
John Jolly moves ahead of Cole and grabs and spot on the active roster.

Bioford beomes our KR and returns two for a score.

Both well thought out predictions

oregonpackfan
06-30-2007, 03:58 PM
Barnett has a stellar season and Wist invites him out to his local bar for a drink! :)

Carolina_Packer
06-30-2007, 04:23 PM
>>Barnett has a stellar season and Wist invites him out to his local bar for a drink!<<

That's cold! As long as he doesn't provoke Barnett to battery, he should be fine.

I predict that the Packers will do surprisingly well againsn't AFC opponents, even having a winning record against them.

BallHawk
06-30-2007, 04:43 PM
Ted Thompson marries a smoking-hot Swedish super model.

MJZiggy
06-30-2007, 04:49 PM

Obviously not a fan of the "Trapped in the Closet" series...

BallHawk
06-30-2007, 04:52 PM

Obviously not a fan of the "Trapped in the Closet" series...

I'm a fan, just not a believer. :wink:

Joemailman
06-30-2007, 05:12 PM
James Jones goes from "reach" to "steal".

Junius Coston gives Spitz a run for his money at RG.

mmmdk
06-30-2007, 05:28 PM
Look for improvement from the odd receiver...no not Fergy...but it could simply be that Greg Jennings really is our #2 WR for the future - the jury is still, somewhat, out on Jennings. I also like our 2 receiver rookies and add Holiday to that mix. Plus Ruvell is a fighter but is there room to get better? That's the Q but if Ruvell has a higher ceiling then he'll run with the #3 WR job.

retailguy
06-30-2007, 07:10 PM
JH is going to be apologizing to me by the bye week. :wink:

Then we'll both be rooting for 2008. :P

BallHawk
06-30-2007, 07:15 PM
Ruvell Martin racks up 750+ yards

Vernand rushes for 1000+

Brett makes the Pro Bowl

PaCkFan_n_MD
06-30-2007, 07:19 PM
Brett makes the Pro Bowl

.....But decides not to go. :wink:

Rastak
06-30-2007, 07:23 PM
Adrian Peterson runs for 1200 yards and wins ROY.....oh wait, this was supposed to be wild predictions.....Tavaris Jackson wins league MVP.....

Heh, that's pretty damn wild!

RashanGary
06-30-2007, 07:33 PM
The defense finishes in the top 5 propelling the Packers into the playoffs with a 9-7 record. The offensive line really clicks at the end of the season and we head into the playoffs with a full head of steam. We sneak through the NFC division on route to the Super Bowl. Favre comes out of the tunnel to get the festivities rolling and it's almost as if he's walking on water (he plays that way too.) Packers Win!! Pckers Win!!

:) :) :) :)

I do predict the first sentence. The rest was just for fun :) Never know though, right? ?

BallHawk
06-30-2007, 07:34 PM
Brett makes the Pro Bowl

.....But decides not to go. :wink:

That's already a foregone conclusion. :wink:

BallHawk
06-30-2007, 07:34 PM
Adrian Peterson runs for 1200 yards and wins ROY.....oh wait, this was supposed to be wild predictions.....Tavaris Jackson wins league MVP.....

Heh, that's pretty damn wild!

John Kitna would be proud. :wink: :wink:

The Shadow
06-30-2007, 10:07 PM
1. Barbre is a steal.
2. Blackmon greatly improves the nickel.
3. The usual suspects let up on Ted Thompson after it becomes even clearer that the team is being built the right way.

MJZiggy
06-30-2007, 10:08 PM
Ok, I'll give you the first two, but that last one is a little far-fetched, don't you think?

The Shadow
06-30-2007, 10:25 PM
I suspect that even if the Pack won the Super Bowl, the whiners would continue to carp away.

BEARMAN
07-01-2007, 09:51 AM
1. Farve throws a record number of INT's.
2. Farve is sacked a record number of times.
3. Farve blames everyone but himself.
4. Farve wants to be traded by midseason.
5. Farve is benched by game 9.

YOU asked !

MadtownPacker
07-01-2007, 10:43 AM
1. Favre throws a record number of INT's.
2. Favre is sacked a record number of times.
3. Favre blames everyone but himself.
4. Favre wants to be traded by midseason.
5. Favre is benched by game 9.

YOU asked !Well I did say "wild" predictions so let me give you one that ain't so wild.

After a turbulent off season in which the bear starting LB threatens to hold out, they lose their star RB, an important DL player went to jail and then got cut and another DL starter dissed the flaky, starting QB in the national media, the bears have a rough start to 07 and by late November are planning their draft picks.

As for the wild and crazy part, grossman is still the starter after proving thats 2006's success was all thanks to the defense and the strong running game of departed Thomas Jones.

Come to think of it, all that aint that far fetched at all.

Bretsky
07-01-2007, 10:49 AM

YOU asked !

Bearman disappears for months after a early playoff exit led by Rex Grossman's three interceptions. :wink:

Joemailman
07-01-2007, 11:08 AM

YOU asked !

Bearman disappears for months after a early playoff exit led by Rex Grossman's three interceptions. :wink:

Bearman disappears for months after a early playoff loss to the Packers led by Rex Grossman's three interceptions :cow: :glug: :cow: :five: :cow: :bump: :cow:

Iron Mike
07-01-2007, 11:36 AM

YOU asked !

OMG......you just completed a WHOLE POST without a grammatical or spelling error!! :worship: :worship: :worship:

Here's some praise from Orton!!!
http://cache.deadspin.com/sports/ortonortonorton.jpg

Iron Mike
07-01-2007, 12:18 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/rexbrero.jpg

And a Viva el Bearman from the Sex Cannon himself!!!

oregonpackfan
07-01-2007, 03:13 PM

YOU asked !

Another prediction: The Bears continually are befuddled how to beat the Packers with Favre at QB.

As QB Rex Grossman walks off the field after throwing an interception, he is met by Coach Lovie Smith who asks, "Why can't you be more like #4?"

GrnBay007
07-01-2007, 03:25 PM
WILD prediction: TT gets married. Tank is bestman (toast to TT is a revised poem). Coldplay entertains at the reception. :shock:

:tup:

Freak Out
07-01-2007, 04:00 PM
A 60+ yard FG is kicked by a Packer this year.

retailguy
07-01-2007, 05:33 PM
I suspect that even if the Pack won the Super Bowl, the whiners would continue to carp away.

Well, as I'm sure you classify me as one of the "whiners", I can assure you that I wouldn't complain if they won the super bowl. I probably won't complain if they win 7 games as I don't expect that.

The real question is, how bad do the Packers have to "tank" before you'll admit that I have a point? Hmmm? :P Lots of empty "justifications" from you lately.

The Shadow
07-01-2007, 06:35 PM
"...The real question is, how bad do the Packers have to "tank" before you'll admit that I have a point?"

If the team does not show positive growth - and growth does not necessarily mean instant greatness - I will not continue to support Thompson.
But, so far, I believe he is doing a very solid job and se a team on the rise.

retailguy
07-01-2007, 09:47 PM
"...The real question is, how bad do the Packers have to "tank" before you'll admit that I have a point?"

If the team does not show positive growth - and growth does not necessarily mean instant greatness - I will not continue to support Thompson.
But, so far, I believe he is doing a very solid job and se a team on the rise.

Could you "define" a little clearer what your point is?

See, reading between the lines, this team could go 2-14 and you could say "well they are making positive strides and I think Thompson is 'doing the right thing'".

The Shadow
07-01-2007, 10:38 PM
Ok, I'll try.
There's a big variable at work here - no way of knowing right now about the true strength of the teams on the schedule.
Also, do players like Colledge, Blackmon & Spitz jump right up in only their 2nd year, or do they need that 2nd year of experience under their belts before really blossoming?
Growth to me will not be nec. measured in won-lost record THIS year. The following year is where I would expect the Packers - with or without #4 - to win the division. I think the overall developing talent, if it's as good as I think it is, will be enough to get the job done - even with an Aaron Rodgers.
After all, the Bears have won the division with Rex Grossman, for goodness sake!

RashanGary
07-02-2007, 06:16 AM
Well, as I'm sure you classify me as one of the "whiners", I can assure you that I wouldn't complain if they won the super bowl. I probably won't complain if they win 7 games as I don't expect that.

You're on record :)

retailguy
07-02-2007, 08:21 AM

You're on record :)

so, why don't you hop off the fence and define your ramblings? :P

GrnBay007
07-02-2007, 08:25 AM
so, why don't you hop off the fence and define your ramblings? :P :drma:

hehe..sorry, couldn't resist.

wist43
07-02-2007, 08:41 AM
I think they'll convert a 3rd and 1 by week 6...

That's going out on a limb, but I'm feeling intrepid today. :flag:

MJZiggy
07-02-2007, 08:46 AM
Ok, who spiked Wist's coffee with kool-aid...? :alc:

retailguy
07-02-2007, 09:31 AM
I think they'll convert a 3rd and 1 by week 6...

That's going out on a limb, but I'm feeling intrepid today. :flag:

well, even I don't think it is quite THAT BAD, however, six wins is about all I see today.

7 wins DEFINITELY overachieves, based on how I see the team and the strength of schedule.

cheesner
07-02-2007, 09:52 AM
1. New England is going to have a bad season (compared to expectations). They will make the playoffs as a wildcard, but will loose by the 2nd game. The team chemistry is off with the acquisition of so many FAs. Brady and Moss will not get along.
2. The Packers will lead the NFC North at week 3.
3. The Bears will not have a good season. Their team chemistry is poor - superbowl letdown and personnel issues will take their toll. The loss of Rivera will have a bigger impact than anyone thought.
4. Several young Packers will step forward and contribute significantly. Packers will have new players starting (by mid-season) at safety, TE, RB, DT, and OL who were not starting at the end of last year. Two of those positions will be filled by a player that would surprise us.
5. The Packers go 10-6 and make the playoffs. Posts at this site shift from calling TT an cheap idiot who doesn't understand being a GM to calling TT a cheap idiot for the car he drives, the clothes he wears, and/or using a sentence during one of his press conferences that has a dangling participle.

Merlin
07-02-2007, 12:22 PM
Packers make the playoffs. 3T Lovers spooge all over their keyboards in elation that things might work out. Reality: 3T has ZERO to do with the hearts of the people on the field and I am afraid that this season, that's all we have to rely on. Oh yeah, and McCarthy telling 3T to go take a flying leap at a moving truck and quit meddling in regular season game personell decisions...

oregonpackfan
07-02-2007, 12:44 PM

I predict the Swedish super model turns him down but he settles for marrying Paris Hilton because she will let him drive her Bently. :)

mngolf19
07-02-2007, 12:50 PM
NFC North is best division in NFC. 2 and almost 3 teams in playoffs. "see Rastak's premonition"

wist43
07-02-2007, 12:55 PM
NFC North is best division in NFC. 2 and almost 3 teams in playoffs. "see Rastak's premonition"

Fuzzy acid flashbacks don't count as "premonitions". :)

cheesner
07-02-2007, 01:26 PM
Packers make the playoffs. 3T Lovers spooge all over their keyboards in elation that things might work out. Reality: 3T has ZERO to do with the hearts of the people on the field and I am afraid that this season, that's all we have to rely on. ...
So let me sum this up: TT is the reason the Packers are bad, regardless of if they do well or do poorly. :roll:

Perhaps I am misunderstanding. Although TT is responsible for putting the players on the roster and thus on the field, where exactly are the hearts coming from? Are they being post-installed by some third party?

Good grief, the TT bashers are already trying to cover their tracks.

Cheesehead Craig
07-02-2007, 02:38 PM
Packers have 2 TD runs of 80 yards or more. How's that for a wild prediction?

wist43
07-02-2007, 02:49 PM
Packers have 2 TD runs of 80 yards or more. How's that for a wild prediction?

That's a super-WAG (Wild Ass Guess), as no RB on the roster has long speed. Short area burst and quickness, yes - but no long speed.

Maybe on a reverse??? Okay, I'll go for that... 2, 80+ yd TD's on reverses by Driver!!!

Freak Out
07-02-2007, 07:40 PM

Who's name is Peter. :rs:

BEARMAN
07-02-2007, 09:30 PM

YOU asked !Well I did say "wild" predictions so let me give you one that ain't so wild.

After a turbulent off season in which the bear starting LB threatens to hold out, they lose their star RB, an important DL player went to jail and then got cut and another DL starter dissed the flaky, starting QB in the national media, the bears have a rough start to 07 and by late November are planning their draft picks.

As for the wild and crazy part, grossman is still the starter after proving thats 2006's success was all thanks to the defense and the strong running game of departed Thomas Jones.

Come to think of it, all that aint that far fetched at all.

Where you see the glass 1/2 empty, I see the glass 1/2 full !
I see Da Bears beefing up with a top pick TE and another RB, more DL, LB, and DB's. Our secreat weapon (D.Hester) on offence is a big "+". I think Mr. Briggs will play, and play well. After the rummored hold out last year, Mr. Briggs showed up the first day of training camp and when asked about the holdout, stated, " I am a Chicago BEAR ! I am here to go to work". As far as my spelling and grammar, even a blind squirel finds a nut ever now and then.
Now, as far as the pack, ....... where do I start ? Old QB, unprooven, untested OL, NO help in off season, free agents, or the draft. WoW :shock: