PDA

View Full Version : Darwin Award

BEARMAN
07-01-2007, 10:00 AM
Read a good one the other day....

Wa. St. Penn.

An Inmate at the Washington State Pennitentiary, rode through a dishwashing machine on a bet. The Inmate ended up with 2nd and 3rd degree burns over 40% of his body. :shock:

Ya, but I bet he was clean ! LMFAO ! :roll:

BallHawk
07-01-2007, 10:24 AM
Must of been a Bears fan.

MadtownPacker
07-01-2007, 10:33 AM
I'll bet some corrupt correctional officers made him do it for their entertainment.

Hey bearman, you live in WA right?

Iron Mike
07-01-2007, 11:17 AM
Read a good one the other day....

Wa. St. Penn.

An Inmate at the Washington State Pennitentiary, rode through a dishwashing machine on a bet. The Inmate ended up with 2nd and 3rd degree burns over 40% of his body. :shock:

Ya, but I bet he was clean ! LMFAO ! :roll:

For more inmate fun....don't miss: Cruel and Unusual: Transgender Women in Prison (http://www.we.tv/shows/details/589097)

Merlin
07-02-2007, 09:07 AM
I need some Aleve after reading this...
:bang:

MJZiggy
07-02-2007, 09:16 AM
Mike, I didn't know you were a fan of WE Network...

mraynrand
07-02-2007, 09:35 AM
Ach! The Darwin Awards return. Here's a few tips about the Darwin awards. To really be legit, two things have to happen 1) The person who carries out the tremendously stupid act has to have NO offspring - the idea being that you kill yourself before you pass on your crappy genes that were ostensibly responsible for your idiotic act. If an idiot (like Shawn Kemp) kills himself trying to high dive into the ocean from 10,000 feet, it doesn't count because he's spread his seed everywhere 2) Your stupid act has to either kill you or render you sterile so as to be incapable of reproduction - The main point is that you can't pass on your bad genes!

MJZiggy
07-02-2007, 09:46 AM
I guess then it depends on what got burned and how badly.

oregonpackfan
07-02-2007, 10:55 AM
Ach! The Darwin Awards return. Here's a few tips about the Darwin awards. To really be legit, two things have to happen 1) The person who carries out the tremendously stupid act has to have NO offspring - the idea being that you kill yourself before you pass on your crappy genes that were ostensibly responsible for your idiotic act. If an idiot (like Shawn Kemp) kills himself trying to high dive into the ocean from 10,000 feet, it doesn't count because he's spread his seed everywhere 2) Your stupid act has to either kill you or render you sterile so as to be incapable of reproduction - The main point is that you can't pass on your bad genes!

As someone who has spent his life as a Child Care Worker and an Elementary School teacher, I cannot count the many times I have said to myself, "The only crime this young unfortunate child has committed is that he(she) did a poor job of choosing his(her) parents!"

Certainly no child has control over his or her parents both in terms of their genetic make or parenting skills. The Parenting Skills component has led me to personally advocate that parenting be a mandatory class in high school. Though many high school students do not see themselves as becoming parents in the future, most of them will probably end up as parents.

I just would like to see more prospective parents be more prepared for that aspect of life than simplly engaging in the physical, procreative act.

Merlin
07-02-2007, 01:02 PM
When my parents where in high school (a very long long long time ago), they had parenting type classes (sex ed was a part of it although not the focus). But in the 70's some rocket scientist got it in his/her head to make sex ed the focus and parenting fell by the wayside. Then in the 90's and to this day, some rocket scientist got it in his/her head to introduce homosexuality into sex ed, amoung other questionable topics.

Abstinence works and providing our children with the best education to succeed works. Part of this is teaching them the basics of parenting, right from wrong, and personal responsibility. Instead we run to the nearest Doctor and get a triple dose of Ridlin for our kids because it isn't our parenting (responsibility part) and we didn't do anything wrong (how can you when you were never taught), the child is out of control (because that's how we were raised).

Old school ways may have had some negative parts but it was 100 times better then how we do it today.

Iron Mike
07-02-2007, 05:12 PM
Mike, I didn't know you were a fan of WE Network...

Hell, yeah I was watching "Urban Cowboy" on Saturday!!!!

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e264/deedee817/UrbanCowboy2.jpg

BEARMAN
07-02-2007, 09:57 PM
You are missing the point, he rode a 120* diswasher tray belt into 2nd and 3rd degree burns, scared for life, for what, 3 candy bars and some Top Romin noodles. :shock: