PDA

View Full Version : So anyway then......

Jimx29
07-01-2007, 02:32 PM
http://i8.tinypic.com/66bu1x5.gif

Be careful out there http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v24/numbnutz/4th/fireworks1.gif

Scott Campbell
07-01-2007, 02:52 PM
Fire danger out here.

oregonpackfan
07-01-2007, 03:06 PM
Oregon's Firewords laws are very strict and limit the explosive power fireworks.

To get around those laws, many Oregonians in the Portland Metro area simply drive across the Columbia River into Washington. There fireworks restrictions are much more lax than Oregon's.

It is very common for local neighborhoods to have as many "illegal" fireworks from Washington as "legal" ones from Oregon.

GrnBay007
07-01-2007, 03:13 PM
Kids asked me today if sparklers where around when I was a kid. :roll: :smack:

Scott Campbell
07-01-2007, 03:35 PM

Tell em "yeah, but fire had yet to be invented so we couldn't light them".

Bretsky
07-01-2007, 04:32 PM

Did you explain to then that in your era you just lit a match and called it a sparkler ?? :laugh: :bump:

GrnBay007
07-01-2007, 04:37 PM

Did you explain to then that in your era you just lit a match and called it a sparkler ?? :laugh: :bump:

HAAA HAAAAA

:butt:

oregonpackfan
07-01-2007, 07:35 PM

LOL! Don't you just hate it when your kids date you as being one of the Pilgrims on the Mayflower?

Lately, my 12 year old daughter has been lobbying me hard about having her own cell phone. I said to my wife, "Isn't it amazing that somehow we survived adolescence without owning a personal cell phone?" :)

packinpatland
07-01-2007, 08:25 PM

LOL! Don't you just hate it when your kids date you as being one of the Pilgrims on the Mayflower?

Lately, my 12 year old daughter has been lobbying me hard about having her own cell phone. I said to my wife, "Isn't it amazing that somehow we survived adolescence without owning a personal cell phone?" :)

Let's take this a few steps further.................

One family car!!!
One bathroom for four kids!!!!
Phone with a cord attatched........one per family!!!!

It's amazing that we survived!!!...........................and thirived :wink:

MJZiggy
07-01-2007, 08:36 PM
You forgot cloth diapers and home made baby formula...(Mom's been reminiscing a lot lately)

packinpatland
07-01-2007, 08:47 PM
You forgot cloth diapers and home made baby formula...(Mom's been reminiscing a lot lately)

thanks....................I feel very old.

I even hung them on the line to dry. :wink:

GBRulz
07-01-2007, 10:41 PM

My sister and family from FL were up here visiting and her (barely) 12 year old daughter "finally" got a cell phone. The sad thing is, she was one of the last kids in her class to actually get one.

Little Whiskey
07-05-2007, 09:21 PM
I was in a toy store, my two year old son was playing with a wooden thomas the train set, when this little girl came and set next to him and started playing with another one of the trains and asked her mom how to turn this thing on. the little girl had no idea that all toys don't need to "turn on".