PDA

View Full Version : Salary cap update

Kiwon
07-02-2007, 07:07 AM
Salary cap update. GB is number #6 in cap space.

.................................................. .........
TEAMS WITH $10M OR MORE OF CAP ROOM

1. Cleveland $22 million

2. Buffalo $21 million

3. Minnesota $20 million

4. Jacksonville $16.5 million

5. Kansas City $16.2 million

6. Green Bay $16 million

7. Tennessee $15.3 million

8. Dallas $13.8 million

9. Oakland $12.5 million

10. Philadelphia $11.5 million

11. St. Louis $11.5 million

12. New Orleans $11.2 million

13. Seattle $10.5 million

14. N.Y. Jets $10 million

– Source: NFLPA

retailguy
07-02-2007, 08:23 AM
Salary cap update. GB is number #6 in cap space.

.................................................. .........
TEAMS WITH $10M OR MORE OF CAP ROOM

1. Cleveland $22 million

2. Buffalo $21 million

3. Minnesota $20 million

4. Jacksonville $16.5 million

5. Kansas City $16.2 million

6. Green Bay $16 million

7. Tennessee $15.3 million

8. Dallas $13.8 million

9. Oakland $12.5 million

10. Philadelphia $11.5 million

11. St. Louis $11.5 million

12. New Orleans $11.2 million

13. Seattle $10.5 million

14. N.Y. Jets $10 million

– Source: NFLPA

at least we're ranked in the top half of the league in something! Accountants everywhere are rejoicing! :P

wist43
07-02-2007, 09:40 AM
They'll sign their rookie class, bottom feed on a couple of street FA's, and maybe extend somebody (Williams, hopefully).

Anyone know where we are in relation to the minimum??? Are we over that number yet??? Isn't it something around $92 mil??? Too lazy to look it up, hoping someone remembers off the top of their head.

If we're over the number, TT probably won't even bother with the street FA's.

pittstang5
07-02-2007, 11:15 AM
They'll sign their rookie class, bottom feed on a couple of street FA's, and maybe extend somebody (Williams, hopefully).

Anyone know where we are in relation to the minimum??? Are we over that number yet??? Isn't it something around $92 mil??? Too lazy to look it up, hoping someone remembers off the top of their head.

If we're over the number, TT probably won't even bother with the street FA's.

I'm banking that even after the rookie class is signed, TT won't sign any Street FA's - at least not anyone recognizable anyway. Honestly, I can't think of anyone currently out there or a potential cut that the Pack would be interested in either.

I too wouldn't mind seeing Williams get a nice extension, especially if he starts where he left off at the end of the season.

With all the potential cap money left over and the probability that TT won't sign any other big names - (due to the fact that there aren't any left), I'm hoping TT is looking at extending some "in-house" players. This probably won't happen until during the season - guys like Morency and Williams are two that I'm thinking, if they produce early and are consistent, could be locked up during the season with the extra cap money. Much the same way WElls was last year.

It's been a boring off-season.

GoPackGo
07-02-2007, 11:18 AM
nobody thought the Pack would sign Woodson or Pickett last year. TT is just waiting until the prices come down before he signs FA's

GoPackGo
07-02-2007, 11:31 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I take it back.
Woodson and Pickett were both signed by early May06'.
Looks like the Pack is going to have the team from last year + draft Picks only. bummer

Tarlam!
07-02-2007, 12:04 PM
Thanks for posting, Kiwon.

It's actually too bad we didn't go 12 last year, despi pleasure I still get from remembering our 4 game streak and sweaty pl-palms... :P

I bet TT would have had another super draft if he had bthe 3rd or 2nd overall pick. Imagine Calvin J in GB 8 times a year instead of only once....

retailguy
07-02-2007, 12:25 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I take it back.
Woodson and Pickett were both signed by early May06'.
Looks like the Pack is going to have the team from last year + draft Picks only. bummer

agreed, and besides there aren't any Woodson or Pickett types left in FA. The best players remaining really are not any better that what we have.

woodbuck27
07-03-2007, 03:55 PM
It's been a boring off-season.

NO KIDDING !! :)

CaliforniaCheez
07-03-2007, 05:39 PM
Unlike mismanaged teams the Packers do not have to cut players for salary cap reasons to sign their draft picks.

I'm tempted to say something positive about Ted Thompson but the thread may spin off into Tangent Land.

Rastak
07-03-2007, 06:34 PM
Cali, it's getting pretty rare that a team has to cut players strictly for cap reasons.