PDA

View Full Version : Is there something following me?

Freak Out
07-02-2007, 05:26 PM
I kayak quite a bit and have been around many whales including killer whales and that can be kinda freaky......but this looks bad.

http://www.paddlenround.com/img/shark-kayak.jpg

Partial
07-02-2007, 05:38 PM
That would be pretty scary. I think I would stop and sit still. Studies show that sharks don't attack unless they think it is a sea lion or a seal or something to that effect. If you sit still and it bites the kayak, it will probably go away.

packinpatland
07-02-2007, 06:09 PM
That would be pretty scary. I think I would stop and sit [/b[b]]still. Studies show that sharks don't attack unless they think it is a sea lion or a seal or something to that effect. If you sit still and it bites the kayak, it will probably go away.

I don't believe that for a minute, admit it.............you'd paddle your ass off!!!!!

Charles Woodson
07-02-2007, 06:09 PM
That would be pretty scary. I think I would stop and sit still. Studies show that sharks don't attack unless they think it is a sea lion or a seal or something to that effect. If you sit still and it bites the kayak, it will probably go away.

If it bites the kayak theres a good chance it will taste you!!

Partial
07-02-2007, 06:32 PM
That would be pretty scary. I think I would stop and sit [/b[b]]still. Studies show that sharks don't attack unless they think it is a sea lion or a seal or something to that effect. If you sit still and it bites the kayak, it will probably go away.

I don't believe that for a minute, admit it.............you'd paddle your ass off!!!!!

No, because they are going to be able to swim wayyyyyyy faster than you can paddle. They tell surfers to sit on top of their board in the center if they're far out, or have a friend pull you out of the water if you're near shore.

I think statistically there are only like 10 fatal shark attacks a year, and like 50 non-fatal ones. Sharks get a lot of bad press but they don't normally attack humans and when they do it is normally accidental.

Freak Out
07-02-2007, 06:33 PM
Here is the full read here:

http://www.whitesharktrust.org/pages/mediaarticle/media25.html

BallHawk
07-02-2007, 07:03 PM
Are those images real? Seems a bit unrealistic to me. Who knows, though? I could be wrong.

With Sharks, put it this way, if you went swimming right off Seal Island, South Africa, you'd be dead in 2 minutes.

packinpatland
07-02-2007, 07:24 PM
Just a thought.............. who's taking the photo?
If it were a chopper, wouldn't there be a few 'ripples' on the water?

I bet it was photo-shopped.

Partial
07-02-2007, 07:24 PM
That was an interesting read FO

Jimx29
07-02-2007, 07:27 PM
Hope you weren't enjoying your period at the time :\

http://i10.tinypic.com/5zoox0n.gif

Little Whiskey
07-05-2007, 10:05 PM
ever heard the story of the two hikers that saw a bear comming at them and one of the hikers stops to put on his running shoes. the first hiker asks him if he actually thinks he is going to out run the bear. the second hiker explains that he doesn't have to out run the bear he just has to out run the him.

or the picture of the frog grabbing the birds neck with both hands as the bird is swallowing the frog. with the caption never give up.

either way i am paddling my ass off!! or else make sure that kayak has that gun rack installed prior to your sea excursion

Joemailman
07-05-2007, 10:47 PM
Just a thought.............. who's taking the photo?
If it were a chopper, wouldn't there be a few 'ripples' on the water?

I bet it was photo-shopped.

There are mountains in the picture. The picture could have been taken from an elevated area.