PDA

View Full Version : TANK

BEARMAN
07-02-2007, 09:46 PM
Reported today, Tank Johnson was found to be UNDER the legal limmit for intoxication. What do you think Da BEARS should do? Reinstate ? Forgive and forget? He is a darn good DL. What do you think?

MJZiggy
07-02-2007, 09:52 PM
Considering his recent circumstances, he shouldn't have been consuming anything stronger than ginger ale outside of his house. There should have been no cause for suspicion in the first place...

privatepacker
07-02-2007, 10:25 PM
While I think Tank has used up most of his goodwill, it wouldn't surprise me to see Green Bay pick him up in a month. If they don't believe that Harrell is completely healed from his muscle tears, then Tank is a great alternative.

retailguy
07-02-2007, 10:30 PM
Reported today, Tank Johnson was found to be UNDER the legal limmit for intoxication. What do you think Da BEARS should do? Reinstate ? Forgive and forget? He is a darn good DL. What do you think?

He was on a zero tolerance policy for both trouble (from the Bears) and alcohol (from the courts).

Doesn't change a thing, don't ya think?

Joemailman
07-02-2007, 10:37 PM
Maybe the Bears could trade Tank to JSO for APB (the poster formerly known as Tank).

Brando19
07-02-2007, 11:50 PM
The ONLY reason Tank was drinking was because he played for the Bears. If he played for any of the other 31 teams, he wouldn't dream of drinking. I mean, come on....if you were a player in the NFL and you knew Rex Grossman was your QB...wouldn't you want to find a way to escape!??!

Patler
07-03-2007, 05:28 AM

That was the first thing I thought of when I read the article. Difficult question, really. What should they have done had they known at the time it was speeding at 40 in a 25, and drinking/driving but not legally intoxicated?

I think they stand by their decision.

Rastak
07-03-2007, 06:00 AM

Tank used up all his Chicago chances and made Lovie look like an idiot. He's gone. I do have a couple of followup quetions though...

1) Did the NFL require him to stay away from alchohol as part of his suspention? I'm guessing not....

2) Is it a term of his probabtion? It many times is....the lack of information on a parole violation makes me think not unless reporters are to stupid to connect the dots.

How stupid is this guy though, he was BEARLY (pun intended) under the limit and that was a blood test conducted after the fact. Amazing how stupid this guy is and he'll still be charged with a lesser charge I believe.

Iron Mike
07-03-2007, 07:46 AM
Anyway, so much for being the 2007-08 NFL Man Of The Year!!!!! :huh:

Charles Woodson
07-03-2007, 08:34 AM
I still say that the bengals would be a great fit for tank :whist:

Spaulding
07-03-2007, 10:33 AM
Tank has the makings of being a punk but he's definitely a player on the field and I think the Bears will be extremely remiss not having him on the roster this year.

To be honest, if I was the Bear Organization I'd be kicking myself for being so hasty on the "cut" response. Some other team will definitely get a good player (questionable individual) for nothing before the season starts.

There is no way though that Angelo does an about face and takes him back. Given the Rams fixation with DT's I'd think they would give him a long hard look.

The Leaper
07-03-2007, 10:40 AM
He can still be charged with a lesser crime in AZ even though he was under the legal limit, although they may not decide to do so.

The fact of the matter is that Tank really should not have been given as much leniency as he got from the Bears the first time around...if the Bears were not in the midst of a SB run without Harris, I figure Tank would've been tossed out on his ass last December.

He would be missing the first 8 games of the season anyway (at least) and a guy like Tank probably doesn't show up week 9 in condition to play anywhere close to 100%. He would not have mattered much at all to the Bears in 2007.

This was an easy decision for the Bears...and the proper one. Tank is not a great player. He is a decent player who looks better than he is because he is surrounded by an ultra-talented front 7. The Bears can get along just fine without him.

MadtownPacker
07-03-2007, 02:35 PM
How stupid is this guy though, he was BEARLY (pun intended) under the limit and that was a blood test conducted after the fact. Amazing how stupid this guy is and he'll still be charged with a lesser charge I believe.That's what I was thinking too.
Just like the superbowl loss, bearman can and will spin this however he can but the bottom line is that dude was buzzing behind the wheel and doing almost double the speed limit in what was likely a residential area (25 MPH).

If the test wasn't done on the spot then he was over the limit for sure. I know that in Cali you don't have to be over the legal limit to still get a DUI if the officer thinks you are impaired.

LEWCWA
07-03-2007, 04:35 PM
Virtually all probation comes with no alcohol attached.

pbmax
07-05-2007, 12:57 PM
There is nothing magical about driving with a .08 BAC. Its the legal trigger for being PRESUMED impaired.

.072 is still drinking and driving. He was speeding and any number of observations (erratic driving, lane changes, slurred speech, etc.) could get him convicted of driving while impaired.

Especially on the radio this week, people in search of an argument are complaining that Tank was punished prematurely, that he has committed no crime greater than speeding. Clearly, this isn't the case. The test result just shows there was one crime he didn't qualify for, driving while over the limit.

Bears should let him go. Pack shouldn't pick him up. Goodell should increase the suspension or at least not grant a shortened suspension that he could have qualified for.