PDA

View Full Version : If Packers signed Arrington, what about Hawk?

outflow
04-30-2006, 09:47 AM
The question is what would have happened? The Packers probably would have traded down or taken Vernon Davis. I'm thinking they would have taken Davis. It would be interesting if that information was ever leaked.

Thoughts?

Patler
04-30-2006, 09:51 AM
I've wondered the same thing. Would GB have Davis, or would the starting linebackers have been Arrington, Barnett and Hawk?

Bretsky
04-30-2006, 09:54 AM
We'll never know, but TT said he identified the choice three weeks ago; my gut says we'd have had a dominating D with those three.

Tarlam!
04-30-2006, 03:22 PM
We'll never know, but TT said he identified the choice three weeks ago; my gut says we'd have had a dominating D with those three.

I agree, and I think they'd have taken Hodge as well in the same spot. Boy, Barnett would've had to work hard to retain a starting role!

MadtownPacker
04-30-2006, 03:29 PM
As-is I feel the D is only going up from here but with Arrington it would have been damn scary. Im concerned more with how the offense will function because IMO the D is going to be very good in 2006. Very good. If players wanna play they are going to have to be willing to be accountable and hit like they mean it.

Merlin
04-30-2006, 03:33 PM
My only concern with the offense is one guard position. I see our starters as:

QB: Favre
RB: Green
FB: Henderson
WR: Driver
WR: Gardner
TE: Franks
C: Wells
G: Whittaker
G: ????
T: Tauscher
T: Clifton

That's 4 pro-bowlers and 2 pro-bowl worthy guards. A lot of teams would love to be in that position. I think the offense will take care of itself. Especilly if we go to a more traditional WCO. Then we don't need the deep threat as bad.

HarveyWallbangers
04-30-2006, 03:48 PM

That's 4 pro-bowlers and 2 pro-bowl worthy guards. A lot of teams would love to be in that position. I think the offense will take care of itself. Especilly if we go to a more traditional WCO. Then we don't need the deep threat as bad.

WR: Gardner, Ferguson, Jennings, Boerigter
G: Colledge
G: Barry, Spitz, Coston, Whittaker

I honestly feel Whitticker is the longshot for the starting OG gig with the new scheme. In fact, I would not be surprised if he failed to make the team.

I would not be surprised if any of those receivers started. Boerigter seems ideal as a 3rd or 4th. Jennings likely won't win the job because he's rookie. It likely comes down to Gardner and Ferguson. Thompson and McCarthy seem to want to give Ferguson one more shot--even while acknowledging he didn't play well last year.

RashanGary
04-30-2006, 03:54 PM
I think Rodgers has a much better shot at the #5 WR than Boerigter.

MadtownPacker
04-30-2006, 03:55 PM

Green is no sure thing, neither is Gado, yet. If both stay healthy and Davenport doesnt get hurt until week 10 Im not worried about that spot.

Receiver will be fine and TE has Lee to stretch the field.

Whittaker and ???? are my concerns. The defensive jailbreaks the O had to deal with last season cant happen again.

swede
04-30-2006, 04:25 PM
Plug Colledge into that ??? at guard. By his second year he will be taking the sting out of losing Wahle.

billy_oliver880
04-30-2006, 08:18 PM
Plug Colledge into that ??? at guard. By his second year he will be taking the sting out of losing Wahle.

He was compared to wahle. I like the idea that he could be like him.

Joemailman
04-30-2006, 08:24 PM

I would be shocked if Whitticker is a starting guard. I think the decision to start him last year is part of the reason why Sherman/Rossley are no longer here. I think Whitticker has no better than a 50/50 shot to make the team.

Guiness
04-30-2006, 08:40 PM

Would be nice, and I think he'll play at least some. So put his name in, but replace Whitticker with ???. That seems to be the concensus of the rest here as well.

Ya gota wonder where Coston fits in. Is he ready for the field?

Wow. Here we are talking about guards again. What a bunch of nerds. But I would've thought the Pack would take Matua before Colledge if they were drafting for the guard position that high.

b bulldog
04-30-2006, 08:52 PM
Why bring up LA?