PDA

View Full Version : Queens keep out visiting fans

digitaldean
07-03-2007, 07:35 AM
from KFFL.com
Mon, 2 Jul 2007 18:43:04 -0700

The Star Tribune reports tickets to watch the Minnesota Vikings play against the Chicago Bears or Green Bay Packers will cost extra when single-game tickets go on sale Monday, July 9. Fans purchasing a ticket to see the Green Bay Packers Sept. 30 will be required to buy a ticket to see the preseason opener against the St. Louis Rams Aug. 10. Fans who purchase a ticket to see the Chicago Bears Dec. 17 will be required to buy a ticket to see the preseason finale against the Dallas Cowboys Aug. 30. Prices will range form $92 to $248 per package.

That is about the weakest excuse I've seen to keep visiting fans out. Their own home fan base can't buy enough tickets or hold onto them when the Packers/Bears play. Now the Queens come up with this sorry solution.

:bs2:

Rastak
07-03-2007, 07:39 AM
from KFFL.com

The Star Tribune reports tickets to watch the Minnesota Vikings play against the Chicago Bears or Green Bay Packers will cost extra when single-game tickets go on sale Monday, July 9. Fans purchasing a ticket to see the Green Bay Packers Sept. 30 will be required to buy a ticket to see the preseason opener against the St. Louis Rams Aug. 10. Fans who purchase a ticket to see the Chicago Bears Dec. 17 will be required to buy a ticket to see the preseason finale against the Dallas Cowboys Aug. 30. Prices will range form $92 to $248 per package.

That is about the weakest excuse I've seen to keep visiting fans out. Their own home fan base can't buy enough tickets or hold onto them when the Packers/Bears play. Now the Queens come up with this sorry solution.

You do realize it's now a trend in the NFL, I know the Colts have been doing that along with some other teams. NFL already makes season ticket holders buy preseason games at full price, why not force single game buyers for popular games to pony up? :wink:

Zool
07-03-2007, 07:43 AM
from KFFL.com

You do realize it's now a trend in the NFL, I know the Colts have been doing that along with some other teams. NFL already makes season ticket holders buy preseason games at full price, why not force single game buyers for popular games to pony up? :wink:I wouldn't want the 30% Packer fans at a home game if I was the Vikings either.

digitaldean
07-03-2007, 07:45 AM
from KFFL.com

You do realize it's now a trend in the NFL, I know the Colts have been doing that along with some other teams. NFL already makes season ticket holders buy preseason games at full price, why not force single game buyers for popular games to pony up? :wink:

I could see adding a premium charge if the buyer isn't a season ticket holder. Brewers have a premium charge for games vs. the Cubs and Twins at Miller Park. If the team is having problems selling out games, this won't help matters any.

Rastak
07-03-2007, 07:49 AM
Vikings have sold out all their games for years....although I must admit, if Chilly and the boys suck early that is in GRAVE danger. I will say they'll sell out the Packers Bears with or without any restrictions.

Zool
07-03-2007, 07:54 AM
Vikings have sold out all their games for years....although I must admit, if Chilly and the boys suck early that is in GRAVE danger. I will say they'll sell out the Packers Bears with or without any restrictions.
Yeah but what company was it that would buy up the extra tickets every Saturday night and then give them away?

GBRulz
07-03-2007, 08:12 AM
Remember about 9/10 years back after our division win in the former Lambeau South where 60% of the seats were Packer fans, causing Dilfer to whine up a storm about it? That next year when Bucs tix went on sale, you basically had to be a FL resident to buy them. Unless of course you wanted the nose bleeds, in which a few of those were for sale to fans from other states. Luckily my sister lives in FL and I could continue my annual trek down there for that game. I really do miss Tampa being in our division. That place hands down was the best place to see an away game vs the Pack. Even though you really didn't feel like you were at an away game with all the Packer fans there :lol:

Rastak
07-03-2007, 09:45 AM
Yeah but what company was it that would buy up the extra tickets every Saturday night and then give them away?

Man, that was a long time ago.....I think it was Pillsbury....

Zool
07-03-2007, 09:48 AM
Not that long ago. Was the mid 90's the last time a game was blacked out down here.

Rastak
07-03-2007, 10:00 AM
Not that long ago. Was the mid 90's the last time a game was blacked out down here.

Sorry, I consider things happening ten years ago as a long time ago Zool....two ownerships ago.....maybe I should have said not recently.....

Zool
07-03-2007, 10:07 AM

Sorry, I consider things happening ten years ago as a long time ago Zool....two ownerships ago.....maybe I should have said not recently.....Ha...Good enough. Damned kids.

Rastak
07-03-2007, 10:15 AM

Sorry, I consider things happening ten years ago as a long time ago Zool....two ownerships ago.....maybe I should have said not recently.....Ha...Good enough. Damned kids.

I've been watching them since the late 60's...I guess there are many levels of long time agos.....LOL

Cheesehead Craig
07-03-2007, 10:26 AM
The Vikings did this last season too. Makes trying to buy tickets from season ticket holders more expensive too.

Like others have said, "premium pricing" of tickets is now commonplace. Nothing to get too wrapped up about. What, like you were looking forward to a game in the Metrodump?

The Leaper
07-03-2007, 10:44 AM
It is all about supply and demand.

Why should the Vikings forfeit thousands of dollars to scalpers when they can simply up the price and keep more of the profit themselves?

I see nothing wrong with this whatsoever. If you don't like it, don't go. When demand goes down, so will the prices. To be honest, this probably MAXIMIZES the number of away fans in your building. Packer and Bear fans will still pay the $$$$$$$$ to go...more non-season ticket holder Viking fans will stay home, and those with tickets are now more likely to sell for $$$$$$$$$.

The thing that pisses me off is when teams charge a fee to CERTAIN ZIP CODES or something like that...or make up these zany mandatory package deals just to obtain certain game tickets. As long as the price is the same for everyone, they can charge whatever they feel the market will bear IMO.

oregonpackfan
07-03-2007, 02:03 PM
Remember about 9/10 years back after our division win in the former Lambeau South where 60% of the seats were Packer fans, causing Dilfer to whine up a storm about it? That next year when Bucs tix went on sale, you basically had to be a FL resident to buy them. Unless of course you wanted the nose bleeds, in which a few of those were for sale to fans from other states. Luckily my sister lives in FL and I could continue my annual trek down there for that game. I really do miss Tampa being in our division. That place hands down was the best place to see an away game vs the Pack. Even though you really didn't feel like you were at an away game with all the Packer fans there :lol:

About half a dozen years ago, Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren had a fit during home game in Seattle against the Packers. The majority of the fans in the seats were Packer fans! Up until a few years ago, Seattle did not really embrace the Seahawks which made tickets easily available. Packer fans took advantage of this and bought up tickets for the Seahawks-Packers game.

Now that the Seahawks are playing playoff qualifying ball, tickets are much more difficult to get.

MJZiggy
07-03-2007, 02:23 PM
Had the same problem in Tampa. As soon as they put a real team on the field, for some reason the locals wanted to go to the games...

MadtownPacker
07-03-2007, 02:44 PM
I've been watching them since the late 60's...

:wow: You really have suffered through hard times!

cheesner
07-03-2007, 03:09 PM

About half a dozen years ago, Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren had a fit during home game in Seattle against the Packers. The majority of the fans in the seats were Packer fans! Up until a few years ago, Seattle did not really embrace the Seahawks which made tickets easily available. Packer fans took advantage of this and bought up tickets for the Seahawks-Packers game.

Now that the Seahawks are playing playoff qualifying ball, tickets are much more difficult to get.
I was there. I would say it was about 35% Packer fans. THe thing is, they were all wearing big wedges of cheese on their heads. SO looking at the crowd, all you saw were the cheese heads. We were also much more vocal. When Reggie got hurt and wasn't moving, though, the place got so quiet you could here a pin drop. When he got up - everyone cheered. Classy fans in Seattle.