PDA

View Full Version : Very cool salary page on usa today

Rastak
07-03-2007, 12:59 PM
http://asp.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/salaries/teamdetail.aspx?team=12&year=2006

Cheesehead Craig
07-03-2007, 01:22 PM
USA Today has a surprisingly informative sports page for stuff like this.

CaliforniaCheez
07-03-2007, 02:16 PM
The page isn't even for the current season!!

It may be useful for researching historical data. (Hey check average salaries in 2000)

Otherwise not that valuable.

Rastak
07-03-2007, 02:22 PM
The page isn't even for the current season!!

It may be useful for researching historical data. (Hey check average salaries in 2000)

Otherwise not that valuable.

It's still of some value, last years numbers. It would be nice if they had 2007 numbers. We already know cap free so the breakdown isn;t exactly urgent info this year.

woodbuck27
07-03-2007, 02:40 PM
When Brett Favre and Bubba Franks, Robert Ferguson and KGB are lifted fom the team. Plus Chad Clifton can't have alot left even if the reports we are seeing seem good on him.

What will TT do with all the money?

MJZiggy
07-03-2007, 02:50 PM

Pay the young guys whose first contract expire...

woodbuck27
07-03-2007, 02:54 PM

Pay the young guys whose first contract expire...

With alot of it, I expect that your bang on there mj.

woodbuck27
07-03-2007, 05:04 PM
That page does have alot to offer us.

Moreso once the 2007 info. gets exposed.

Bretsky
07-03-2007, 07:03 PM
When Brett Favre and Bubba Franks, Robert Ferguson and KGB are lifted fom the team. Plus Chad Clifton can't have alot left even if the reports we are seeing seem good on him.

He'll make sure we are set up for cap flexibility in 2008
Just like he did for 2007
Just like he did for 2006

RashanGary
07-03-2007, 07:13 PM
He'll take advantage of any oppertunity to get better that arises (note: getting better means improving without hampering more than helping. AKA - No Joe Johnsons, Edgerin James or Nate Clements).

Most off seasons don't provide multiple ways to get better all in one sweep, you have to do that over multiple years of good decisions so likely we'll go forward with something similar to what we have. Drafting low for multiple years and a tough sitution with Walker has caused us to be a little deprived of talent that is looking to get paid now.

We'll probably end up extending Williams and front loading deals untill next year when maybe another Charles Woodson type FA at a position of need will come available.

Bottom line, we're going through the normal NFL cycle that follows being on top for a long time. We're not prolonging it but rather dealing with the tough problems now instead of pushing them ahead to another day. Assuming we keep drafting well, there will be a day when this roster is so bloated with talent that it will be hard to keep us out of hte SB. If we draft poorly then Thompson is gone and we have a new start.

Patler
07-03-2007, 07:22 PM
I have gone to that site for historical information for several years, but it is always one season out of date. They add the previous season every summer. 2006 was just added recently, I think within the last 10 days or so. You won't see 2007 info until next summer.

They have similar pages for other sports, too.

Bretsky
07-03-2007, 07:24 PM
Too early to tell on the E James signing; Clements could have a huge impact on that defense. Who knows how it turns out. I wonder if TT would have had the stones to sign the veterans, as well as Reggie's huge deal, to win this team a title. One can only speculate.

Cheers,
B

Rastak
07-03-2007, 08:33 PM
I have gone to that site for historical information for several years, but it is always one season out of date. They add the previous season every summer. 2006 was just added recently, I think within the last 10 days or so. You won't see 2007 info until next summer.

They have similar pages for other sports, too.

I hadn't seen it before....it's very nice info....too bad they don't post more current numbers.....as mentioned....