PDA

View Full Version : HAPPY 4TH OF JULY EVERYONE!

LL2
07-03-2007, 02:59 PM
Thought I'd be the first to say it. Do go blowing your fingers off either! Enjoy some Leininkugel, brats, smoked fish, and fine cheddar, or anything else that's some of Wisconsin's best. :glug: :alc: :wave:

MJZiggy
07-03-2007, 03:02 PM
You too, LL2. Everyone be safe and have a wonderful time.

Charles Woodson
07-03-2007, 03:13 PM
You too, LL2. Everyone be safe and have a wonderful time.

Happy 4th to all of you too.

LL2
07-03-2007, 03:35 PM
Do go blowing your fingers off either!

Meant to say "Don't do blowing your fingers off!" When I was a kid I had a firecracker go off in my hand. I was lucky I just got a tingling sensation for a while.

oregonpackfan
07-03-2007, 05:01 PM
Thought I'd be the first to say it. Do go blowing your fingers off either! Enjoy some Leininkugel, brats, smoked fish, and fine cheddar, or anything else that's some of Wisconsin's best. :glug: :alc: :wave:

Thanks.

My wife was kind enough to grill me a pair of Johnsonville brats yesterday. Yep, the Costco chain out here in Oregon carries Johnsonville brats.

Neither of my daughters will touch them--damn West Coast influence! :)

GrnBay007
07-03-2007, 05:16 PM
Happy 4th all!!

This should be fun. The big city fireworks are tonight. I reserved a spot right down in the mix of things...costs extra. So, it's 90 some degrees out and the humidity is at least 210%!!!!! Oh.....and thunderstorms predicted. yippee!

You have no idea how much I'd like to stay home.....lol

Freak Out
07-03-2007, 06:07 PM
Liberty or death! :lol:
Happy 4th everyone.

GBRulz
07-03-2007, 06:51 PM
Happy 4th ! I'll be heading downtown and watching the fireworks. GB really does have an excellent display down along the river. Just don't get too close because the smell of the river is awful !!

Any dog owners out there who have dogs that are scared of fireworks or thunderstorms? Both of my dogs are absolutely petrified of both, especially fireworks. I have tried everything to no avail :cry:

MJZiggy
07-03-2007, 07:09 PM
I have one dog that's terrified of them (and everything else, the nutjob!) and the other one is too stupid to care. But she's cute.

I just give the one the strongest canine sedative I happen to have in the house and she's out for the duration.

BallHawk
07-03-2007, 07:31 PM
Any dog owners out there who have dogs that are scared of fireworks or thunderstorms? Both of my dogs are absolutely petrified of both, especially fireworks. I have tried everything to no avail :cry:

Better hope your neighbor's not home when the fireworks go off. She might come out swinging this time :wink:

oregonpackfan
07-03-2007, 08:40 PM
Any dog owners out there who have dogs that are scared of fireworks or thunderstorms? Both of my dogs are absolutely petrified of both, especially fireworks. I have tried everything to no avail :cry:[/quote]

For the past 3 years, we have had to sedate our dog(11 years old) for the fireworks. Because local kids have been setting off illegal fireworks every evening since June 26th, we had to sedate here since that time. We have also had to have her inside the house more often.

Normally, a fairly mid-tempered dog, the Fourth of July period is the only time she becomes upset.

Charles Woodson
07-03-2007, 10:52 PM
Official the 4th of July people. Have a good and safe one :glug:

Bretsky
07-03-2007, 11:10 PM
Happy Fourth of July to All

And as always a special fourth to any soldiers protecting our country and best wishes to those who have friends or family doing so.

My wife's brother just came back from 18 months in Iraq. He is home for good, although he could be sent back for another round.

For him it's not a happy fourth; he winces and is noticeably troubled with the sounds of loud fireworks, or for that manner anything that sounds like loud bangs.

GrnBay007
07-03-2007, 11:13 PM
Great fireworks!! Air show was very nice too.

It started to sprinkle about midway through and at the end of the display it started to pour. That 210% humidity we had today dumped big time. :P

Right after the grand finale there was two sets of huge flames that shot up. I'm 99% sure that wasn't supposed to happen. Sure hope nobody got hurt.

Kiwon
07-04-2007, 10:07 AM
Happy 4th to all.

Happy 231st B-Day America!

MadtownPacker
07-04-2007, 10:47 AM
I got some nice stuff to burn tonight... and some fireworks too!! :wink:

Happy 4th to all the PR homeboys and homegurls!

GBRulz
07-04-2007, 11:20 AM
Better hope your neighbor's not home when the fireworks go off. She might come out swinging this time :wink:

HAHA ! I'm sure Bretta (the "barker") will get blamed for that, too!

A roll of firecrackers going off at 5 am outside her window might be kind of humurous though :twisted:

PaCkFan_n_MD
07-04-2007, 11:53 AM
Happy 4th of July E1.

Enjoy and be safe. :flag: :flag:

BallHawk
07-04-2007, 01:12 PM
Anybody watch the Hot Dog Eating Competition? That was cool, yet revolting at the same time.

However, it's kinda fun to watch Kobayashi, on TiVo, through up in slow motion. :wink: :wink:

Tarlam!
07-04-2007, 02:14 PM
It's days like today, plus 16 Sundays per year, plus the play off days and the Super Bowl, that make me wish my father and mother chose America and not Australia to call home.

Every other day, I AM FRIGGIN' GLAD TO BE AN AUSSIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy FOURTH you YANKEES!

Rastak
07-04-2007, 04:01 PM
It was going great for me until I planted my foot for a backhand on the tennis court and BAM, I tore a bunch of ligaments in my ankle.

Let me tell you, THAT FRIGGEN HURTS. Add in the hours in the damn emergency room and rastak is officially in terrible pain, pissed and miserable.

DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GrnBay007
07-04-2007, 04:07 PM
It was going great for me until I planted my foot for a backhand on the tennis court and BAM, I tore a bunch of ligaments in my ankle.

Let me tell you, THAT FRIGGEN HURTS. Add in the hours in the damn emergency room and rastak is officially in terrible pain, pissed and miserable.

Did you at least get some good pain killers? :P

sorry to hear about your injury.

Rastak
07-04-2007, 04:09 PM

sorry to hear about your injury.\

Actually that stuff Favre got addicted to but after one dose I think I'll stay away from them. Damn narcotics make me dizzy.

GrnBay007
07-04-2007, 04:13 PM

sorry to hear about your injury.\

Actually that stuff Favre got addicted to but after one dose I think I'll stay away from them. Damn narcotics make me dizzy.

I had them prescribed to me once after a surgery. All they did was make me sleep.

Tarlam!
07-04-2007, 04:37 PM
Let me tell you, THAT FRIGGEN HURTS. DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suffer, you Viking Bitzch!

Hhahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahhahahahahahah! !!!!!! :twisted:

Tarlam!
07-04-2007, 04:38 PM
Get well soon, Ras... :oops:

Charles Woodson
07-04-2007, 04:50 PM

Damn that sucks,
Get well soon man

MadtownPacker
07-04-2007, 07:05 PM

ONLY in America!!! ONLY in America!!! ONLY in America...

..do you have the freedom to get hurt playing a women's game on a day when you really should have been getting hammered with ya boyz!

Hope you feel better man.

MJZiggy
07-04-2007, 07:11 PM

Put your foot up and focus on the "was going great for me" part. I think this is what God invented scotch for...

Heal up soon...

Rastak
07-04-2007, 09:05 PM

..do you have the freedom to get hurt playing a women's game on a day when you really should have been getting hammered with ya boyz!

I was planning on getting hammer later....that went out the window. These crutches suck.

oregonpackfan
07-04-2007, 10:11 PM

Sorry to hear about your ankle sprain, Rastak. Yes, those things hurt--I had a severe ankle sprain from a skiing fall once.

What is even more upsetting with an ankle sprain is the severe crimp on your mobility. I had a car with a stick shift so I needed to trade cars with my father-in-law(I got the better car). Using crutches is no fun either.

Hang in there, guy.

oregonpackfan
07-05-2007, 12:15 AM
Misery on the 4th happens on the West Coast as well, Rastak.

The 20 year old daughter of my next door neighbor just fractured her lower leg as well as her ankle when she was riding a rope swing over a local river. The rope broke before she reached the water.

She will undergo surgery tomorrow to have steel plates inserted.

Rastak
07-05-2007, 04:50 AM
Misery on the 4th happens on the West Coast as well, Rastak.

The 20 year old daughter of my next door neighbor just fractured her lower leg as well as her ankle when she was riding a rope swing over a local river. The rope broke before she reached the water.

She will undergo surgery tomorrow to have steel plates inserted.

Man, that's a bummer....that had to sting.....

Scott Campbell
07-05-2007, 10:22 AM

I'm hung over.

the_idle_threat
07-05-2007, 05:17 PM
Damn, sorry to hear about that, Rastak. Rest up and heal up so you can be at 100% during the season.

Maybe with your season tix and all, you can get access to the Vikings' training staff. :D

Rastak
07-05-2007, 06:20 PM
Damn, sorry to hear about that, Rastak. Rest up and heal up so you can be at 100% during the season.

Maybe with your season tix and all, you can get access to the Vikings' training staff. :D

I sure as hell hope I ain't walking with crutches on Aug 10th but who knows.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. I do appreaceate it.

HarveyWallbangers
07-06-2007, 12:07 AM
Sorry to hear about that, RastaK. You know you are getting old when you get hurt playing tennis.
:D

Screw Mad for calling it a woman's game though. I was a mean tennis player back in the day.

Rastak
07-06-2007, 07:23 PM
Sorry to hear about that, RastaK. You know you are getting old when you get hurt playing tennis.

Screw Mad for calling it a woman's game though. I was a mean tennis player back in the day.

Thanks Harv....I love it....but yea, I am getting old and now I can't walk.....

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

oregonpackfan
07-06-2007, 09:04 PM

Thanks Harv....I love it....but yea, I am getting old and now I can't walk.....

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Rastak,

I hate it when our bodies start to succumb to the dreaded "A" word--Age! :cry: