PDA

View Full Version : The Official ULTIMATE debate thread on TT!

Tarlam!
07-04-2007, 01:52 PM
Time for a showdown... :smack: TT has Fans, Anti-Fans and, shall we say, "Others".

To judge his performance, we need to assess what he's done, and not done. What was good, bad and even ugly.

I suggest a "rule" to enhance the debate:

One action (non action) that you applaud or detest per post. I further suggest we address only a single action in a response.

Why? I want to encourage "lurkers" to join the discussion and maybe PR on a regular basis, and I believe there is plenty of passion on this subject.

Furthermore, it will make it easier for me to keep "score" during periodical summaries. :oops:

Ready? GO!!!

Tarlam!
07-04-2007, 01:54 PM
I applaud TT drafting Hawk. :knll:

Charles Woodson
07-04-2007, 02:24 PM
I applaud TT drafting Hawk. :knll:

Im with you on that one,

I detest TT for not getting Justin Griffith.

Tarlam!
07-04-2007, 02:58 PM
TT doesn't have 16 WR on the roster:

A quick look at the Detroit salary cap, and you quickly realize the Lions have used a lot of salary-cap space to figure out the position -- and they haven't even signed Calvin Johnson yet. On the 2007 books, there are 16 wide receivers using up cap space. Mike Williams, Charles Rogers, Corey Bradford are no longer on the team but will eat up $10,229,720 of space this season (close to 10 percent of the cap). When Johnson finally signs his contract, the Lions will have close to $28 million in wide receivers alone. Throw in the dead money Ross Verba, James Hall, Dre Bly, Josh McCown and Marcus Pollard represent (a combined $6.4 million), and you can see the cost of getting a roster corrected.

It's interesting to note the emotional state of the present Lions players -- remember Jon Kitna's 10-win prediction? -- is at an all time high. No one seems to miss any of the departed players.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/10245197

esoxx
07-04-2007, 03:41 PM
I'm think it will be appropriate to judge after this season is over. At this point, his players are too young to make any real conclusions. I'm willing to wait and see.

After this season my opinion will be clearly shaped of him.

BallHawk
07-04-2007, 03:46 PM
If God was starting a football team, Jesus would be the coach and Ted Thompson would be the GM.

Tarlam!
07-04-2007, 03:46 PM
I'm think it will be appropriate to judge after this season is over. At this point, his players are too young to make any real conclusions. I'm willing to wait and see.

Ya, but what move(non-move) will you argue...?

Fred's Slacks
07-04-2007, 05:28 PM
I am a fan. Not a huge fan yet but I like the direction he's going in. In my opinion, his biggest mistake was not resigning Wahle.

Fred's Slacks
07-04-2007, 05:30 PM
I applaud him for signing Woodsen when few others wanted him. Great signing.

Tony Oday
07-04-2007, 05:48 PM
Not overpaying for Rivera or Green. Getting rid of that Biatch Walker.

Bretsky
07-04-2007, 06:54 PM
If God was starting a football team, Jesus would be the coach and Ted Thompson would be the GM.

:bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2:

Bretsky
07-04-2007, 06:58 PM
I"d be between anti and other; I've set parameters to judge the Snapper by and am willing to give him one more year to show measured improvement before truly judging him.

I've liked some of his moves, disliked some of his moves, and disliked his lack of moves in free agency.

While I acknowledge he knows far more than I do, so has every other GM who has been a miserable failure or huge success so I'm not putting on the blinders because of his position.

Time will tell if he's the real deal or a Fraud.

MadtownPacker
07-04-2007, 07:13 PM
I"d be between anti and other
Save the :bs2: YOU hate him and you know it!

While I was severely disappointed in TT for not getting that scumbag moss and though Justin Griffith was a perfect fit for the ZBS I can see the big picture and I am solidly on the TT wagon.

From 4-12 in 2005 to 8-8 in 2006 = (dare I say, 12-4?) in 2007, the Green Bay Packers are on the rise and even the harshest or most ignorant sports reporters don't deny that.

IMO - Woodson can be considered one, if not the best, FA pickup of the year in '06.

"Get the team ready" Teddy aint no joke!!! Believe dat!!

MJZiggy
07-04-2007, 07:21 PM
I'll combine this into one simple post for you, Tar, (my count is high enough--don't need to pad it)

I was no big fan of Adrian Klemm

I LOVED it when he extended Donald Driver...

GBRulz
07-04-2007, 08:04 PM
Because there isn't enough continual debating about TT that goes on in this forum already?? :bang:

Anyhow, letting Green go and not having a replacement (a body doesn't count) was my pet peeve.

Charles Woodson
07-04-2007, 08:04 PM
I"d be between anti and other
Save the :bs2: YOU hate him and you know it!

lol its just cause he knows he is stuck with that damn sig

Packnut
07-04-2007, 09:07 PM
I voted "other" cause as I've said before, Teddy has done some good things along with plain stupidity.

His best move was signing Woodson.

No shock here as to his biggest screw up-#84......... :cry:

ZachMN
07-04-2007, 09:28 PM
Making the team younger which means that he got rid of the country club atmosphere that seemed to be in place and got rid of holding on to those who were on the SB teams. Oh yeah firing Sherman who somehow allowed a malaise to creep into the team.

oregonpackfan
07-04-2007, 10:16 PM

I agree with esoxx's statement. We need at least 1 full football season to judge TT's effectiveness more fully, especially since he subscribes to building a team through the draft.

I agree also with the poster who stated that getting rid of Sherman was his best move. I personally do not have anything angainst Sherman. He was just a mediocre coach but a terrible GM.

PaCkFan_n_MD
07-04-2007, 11:12 PM
I'm an other.

The thing I like about TT is his drafting. He is a million times better than Sherman in that area. He also made some good moves in free agency; Woodson, Pickett, cutting Sharper, among other things.

However I also hate a lot of things he's done. The main one is Walker. I still believe that he should of gave in and signed him that summer he wanted a new deal. He's a top ten wr imo and you just don't let that kind of talent leave. I also don't like that he didn’t sign Green and that he does not try a little harder to try and win with Brett.

MadtownPacker
07-05-2007, 08:24 AM
Making the team younger which means that he got rid of the country club atmosphere that seemed to be in place and got rid of holding on to those who were on the SB teams.This is why the team is on the rising. They have no wheres to go but up and many are showing that potential. The only question isnt if but who will emerge to be the next start at RB or safety or maybe even WR.

At least it leaves us with something to look forward to.

Bretsky
07-05-2007, 08:33 AM
I voted "other" cause as I've said before, Teddy has done some good things along with plain stupidity.

You voted other ? Heck if you are an other I must be a fan of the Snapper :wink:

Packnut
07-05-2007, 11:30 AM

You voted other ? Heck if you are an other I must be a fan of the Snapper :wink:

Oh man, if you turn into a snapper-lover clone, I'm outta here! :lol:

We see things pretty much the same way, but your just much more diplomatic about it which I admire.

Joemailman
07-05-2007, 04:26 PM
I consider myself a fan, although not a fanatic (See Ballhawk). :wink: I was considering going with "other", but with Bretsky and Packnut going with other, it wouldn't have made sense for me to do so.

I applaud TT for firing Sherman. Although he could have won a lot of games with Sherman, he was correct in recognizing that Sherman was not going to get the Packers to the Super Bowl.

LL2
07-05-2007, 04:38 PM
At this point I'd have to say I'ma fan, but agree with giving him one more year. This will be the year that will show which direction the team is going. I was skeptical with a lot of his moves but many are working out. Like M3 as coach (I was hoping for Sean Payton) and the OL's he drafted last year.

Tarlam!
07-05-2007, 05:03 PM
I like his drafting of T-Murph. The guy was a player and that was plain to see. Too bad about the injury, but TT had spotted the talent....

Packnut
07-05-2007, 05:12 PM
I consider myself a fan, although not a fanatic (See Ballhawk). :wink: I was considering going with "other", but with Bretsky and Packnut going with other, it wouldn't have made sense for me to do so.

I applaud TT for firing Sherman. Although he could have won a lot of games with Sherman, he was correct in recognizing that Sherman was not going to get the Packers to the Super Bowl.

We need another category for you "a TT fan with-in reason".

Rastak
07-05-2007, 05:57 PM
I like his drafting of T-Murph. The guy was a player and that was plain to see. Too bad about the injury, but TT had spotted the talent....

Yea, I'd agree Tar. He sure seemed to be a player. I guess Jennings proved himself a bit more than Murphy did. I have no idea how Jones will be, he's getting panned bad by the press, but again, Murphy and moreso Jennings sure looked good so I'm thinking convensional wisdom might be out the door.

wist43
07-06-2007, 06:57 AM
I'm sure most on here would consider me an "anti-fan", but I'm an "other"...

As I've said, I think TT is a good talent evaluator, but he's very rigid in his approach, too rigid for my liking. Add to that his inexplicable approach to dealing with Walker - Wahle was at least justifiable in cap terms, even if I didn't agree with his stance or the end result.

Ultimately, I think TT is going to be one of these GM's who knows the game, knows good talent when he sees it, but ultimately is missing that intangible ingredient that would allow him to deviate from the master plan when necessary, and make possible the fleshing out of the roster with enough talent to win it all.

I fear that TT's approach will always be "win tomorrow"... meaning we will never "win now"; and, since AR is soon to be our starting QB, "win tomorrow" doesn't hold much promise either.

LL2
07-06-2007, 08:23 AM
I'm sure most on here would consider me an "anti-fan", but I'm an "other"....

Are you softening up a little bit?

Bretsky
07-06-2007, 08:27 AM

I actually singed up for antri because of my bias, but I acknowledge that I'm probably other. With Packnut and Wist signing up for other, I say this ballot box is being fixed ! :wink:

LaFours
07-06-2007, 08:30 AM
I'm sure most on here would consider me an "anti-fan", but I'm an "other"...

As I've said, I think TT is a good talent evaluator, but he's very rigid in his approach, too rigid for my liking. Add to that his inexplicable approach to dealing with Walker - Wahle was at least justifiable in cap terms, even if I didn't agree with his stance or the end result.

Ultimately, I think TT is going to be one of these GM's who knows the game, knows good talent when he sees it, but ultimately is missing that intangible ingredient that would allow him to deviate from the master plan when necessary, and make possible the fleshing out of the roster with enough talent to win it all.

I fear that TT's approach will always be "win tomorrow"... meaning we will never "win now"; and, since AR is soon to be our starting QB, "win tomorrow" doesn't hold much promise either.

I'm a fan. How well TT transitions from a GM with the "win tomorrow" attitude and into a GM with the "win now" attitude will be the defining factor in his success in my opinion...that and his timing.

Packnut
07-06-2007, 08:39 AM

I actually singed up for antri because of my bias, but I acknowledge that I'm probably other. With Packnut and Wist signing up for other, I say this ballot box is being fixed ! :wink:

Well, if this offense struggles at the start, you'll see me change to "anti-TT" in a heart-beat. 2 years of watching the same crap is enough for me.

I WANT SOME OFFENSE!

Zool
07-06-2007, 09:30 AM

I actually singed up for antri because of my bias, but I acknowledge that I'm probably other. With Packnut and Wist signing up for other, I say this ballot box is being fixed ! :wink:I think being 100% anti is being short sighted. He's obviously building the team from within, but too slowly for some. There's moves he should have made but didnt get done for whatever reason, but the man seems to be a good talent evaluator.

His aggressiveness, or lack there of, 2-3 years from now will be his undoing IMO. He will get the team to the brink but we'll tread water for a couple years at 10-6. That is of course unless FA stays as ugly as it is now. I fully expect salaries to balloon in the next 2 years because of the increased cap space available. That should make for some good FA lists in 2009 and 2010.

woodbuck27
07-06-2007, 02:22 PM
What a bunch of candy ass's. Four other posters here voted as anti TT and hunched under their keyboards.

I'm clearly anti TT. Why would that be?

Ted Thompson has produced a Packer team that has a record of 12-20 since his arrival. That just plain sucks when you have a QB as good as Brett Favre.

The reason for this disaster can be seen through the history of injuries we suffered in 2005, and 'the fact' that we had a lousy OL then, and no real recovery since.

If you study the sack to sack ratio bet. our DL and OL we have one of the best in our favor in the NFL but alot of that has to go to the fact that Favre is still mobile out of the pocket and otherwise very hard to sack. How often he had to roll out of the pocket was dictated by the fact he was rushed alot and that means he wasn't able to concentarate on checkdowns.

We must see that result (or improved OL play) in this season or we play no better. We don't have even have the luxery of the talent and experience we had last season on offense, having lost Ahman Green (and his blocking ability and overall leadership and savvy), and the limited as it was use of David Martin and William Henderson (and his leadership).

TT has decided to put his time and the money into re-establishing strength in the lines. He has done a decent job there, but the only person he's added with any credibility is Ryan Pickett, who didn't exactly turn it on last season. He certainly took awhile to wake up to the system.

The best addition that TT has given the Packers in FA is C. Woodson and he's by far the best. Then I'll go with Pickett. Otherwise, TT has demonstrated little talent in acquiring FA's, yet people here will argue that he is an excellent talent evaluator?

UHH??

He's had a bundle of money available to him, and he brings in only two decent talents and both of these on defense. TT has done diddly to support Favre and the offensive side of the ball.

How could that be, if he's responsible to the Packers financially and as a GM with skills to evaluate talent, and to use all that, to ensure that we wern't embarassed on the scoreboard or record wise?

I don't like TT because he hasn't the skills to stand up and be counted. He has little respect for the fan and he has ignored the needs and skills of Brett Favre to enable the Packers to have any real opportunity to win.

People here will laud him with praise when any Packer fan with half a clue would have had the sense to draft an AJ Hawk; but a Justin Harrel (with his injury history) when we had to address more important needs all over the team on both sides of the ball? Come on !! That was a poor decision for our needs now and our future with the risk evident in Harrel's injury history.

Ted Thompson acts in so many ways like an egotistic coward. This is his team people say. Well for the sake of GOD why is he so invisable?

He has an excellent sense in the draft people say. Yet, TT continues to supply us with a watered down product. He's not drafting as in baseball to fill a farm system, but to feed the needs of the Green Bay Packers.

That means to get the best players available per pick in that draft. Quantity will never be better than quality in the long run.

The ego of this man is overwhelming at times. He allows that our RB's are just fine, and that also speaks for our TE's. That only explains the fact he ignored our team in these areas in FA.

People here are willing to allow TT this season and the result better be impressive or they will no longer toss their support blindly behind him.

For all that is sensible do you really believe that our team will be prepared to win in 2007? Has Ted Thompson paved the way for only that result? Has he spent the CAP money wisely? Did he do all he could to attract talent to the team?

or did he act like the shifty, bad assed (cocky). lazy and cheap with the purse strings GM that I see?

How much loyality did he show to Brett Favre and to you as a Packer fan?

I certainly don't admire Ted Thompson, and I am sure I will see the day his ass is sent packing out of Green Bay?

He's a mere myth and alot of you here have created him.

Go on dreaming!!

the_idle_threat
07-07-2007, 12:22 AM
I am a fan of TT. I like the young talent he has brought to the team, which desperately needed it. I also agree with his apparent belief that focusing on the development of young players is a better way to go than filling most holes with old guys and castoffs from other teams.

If the kids develop and it works, you have a young cohesive team with a long, bright future, kinda like the Brewers right now.

If they fail and it doesn't work, well, then I guess I won't be as much of a fan of TT. Bring in the next guy.

MadtownPacker
07-07-2007, 12:44 AM
DAMNNNNN!!! Woody just kicked everyone's asses!

But your post tells why the team is looking up instead of down ole Woody. The part about 12-20 is what I mean.

In his first season he was 4-12 but with a HC that was not his pick and a team that was hurting badly. Lots of things went bad like traitor walker getting hurt, TMurph's career ending, Favre spraying the ball all over the field, etc. TT stuck to his guns and let the draft provide for the roster. The result was the worse season in over a decade.

Then in his second year he goes 8-8 with a HC of his choice, a roster full of his draft picks, including the #4 overall pick who became the sure thing he was hyped as being predraft, and a Favre that restrained himself (with M3's help) and played within the system. Some of the wins came the hard way and some of the losses where terrible but the end result was a younger, faster, stronger team then had been seen for some time. The way the season ended in the thick of the playoff chase and stomping the bears good left hunger and confidence in the hearts and minds of the player young and old.

So 4-12 becomes 8-8. Now what will 8-8 become? 12-4 would make the overall record for the TT era 24-24. Maybe that won't happen but I say it's better then 8-8 in '07 and that there my Canandian compadre is what I call improvement!

Packnut
07-07-2007, 07:32 AM

But your post tells why the team is looking up instead of down ole Woody. The part about 12-20 is what I mean.

In his first season he was 4-12 but with a HC that was not his pick and a team that was hurting badly. Lots of things went bad like traitor walker getting hurt, TMurph's career ending, Favre spraying the ball all over the field, etc. TT stuck to his guns and let the draft provide for the roster. The result was the worse season in over a decade.

Then in his second year he goes 8-8 with a HC of his choice, a roster full of his draft picks, including the #4 overall pick who became the sure thing he was hyped as being predraft, and a Favre that restrained himself (with M3's help) and played within the system. Some of the wins came the hard way and some of the losses where terrible but the end result was a younger, faster, stronger team then had been seen for some time. The way the season ended in the thick of the playoff chase and stomping the bears good left hunger and confidence in the hearts and minds of the player young and old.

So 4-12 becomes 8-8. Now what will 8-8 become? 12-4 would make the overall record for the TT era 24-24. Maybe that won't happen but I say it's better then 8-8 in '07 and that there my Canandian compadre is what I call improvement!

Walker the traitor? Wake up Mad and smell the coffee my friend. The only ones who were betrayed were the Packer fans. Walker got what he deserved and we got BELOW market value thanks to Teddy's ingenious trading skills. And before anyone agrues that point with me, look at the Branch trade by comparison.

What I find hilarious is that you and everyone else who has bad-mouthed Walker for wanting more money would do the same damn thing. We ALL want more money. It's human nature pal.

Tell ya what. Check his stats after this season and then compare them and his contract with other similiar WR's. You'll find that for his production in comparison to others, his contract is cheap and how bad TT screwed this one up. In the history of GM screw ups, this one ranks right up there with the best of them.

This would be a different offense with Walker and Driver and instead of expecting another 8-8 season, we'd be discussing an NFC championship.

packrat
07-07-2007, 08:10 AM
Walker would get us to the NFC championship? It didn't happen when Sherman had him. And, if TT had caved to Walker, how many other malcontents would be distracting the team. Instead, TT rewards actual performance from Driver and Harris, so the whole team gets the message that it is getting the job done instead of mere potential that is going to earn more money. TT inherited a team that was as gutted as the team Ron Wolf inherited and it will take as long to turn it around. Quantity or quality? Sherman demonstrated the folloy of trading away draft choices to get "quality". Once the top five guys in the draft are gone, it is a crap shoot and doubling the number of lottery tickets you hold doubles your chances of winning the lottery. Look at last year. Everyone was pissing his pants over Hodge, but an unkown like Moll contributed more than Hodge. TT did goof by keeping Sherman for one year too long. Look how quickly MM improved Favre's performance by simply letting him know he is accountable like every other player. But, TT and MM both learn from their mistakes which is the only way anyone can reach the top of their profession. In a couple of years maybe some of the posters here will learn their TT bashing was a mistake, too.

Harlan Huckleby
07-07-2007, 08:27 AM
Walker would get us to the NFC championship? It didn't happen when Sherman had him.

The defense has been upgraded since it took a dip in Sherman's last couple years. Walker, or maybe even Randy Moss, would make this team a lot more competitive. The defense and the offensive line look competitive for post season, they are really hurting for play makers on offense.

And, if TT had caved to Walker, how many other malcontents would be distracting the team.

Walker didn't become a malcontent until Thompson refused to negotiate with his agent. Now, you can argue this was the right thing to do - but then how did it make sense for Thompson to massively upgrade Driver's contract before it was due? The answer is that TT made a bad choice with Walker, correctd the error of his ways dealing with DRiver.

RashanGary
07-07-2007, 08:50 AM
Tell ya what. Check his stats after this season and then compare them and his contract with other similiar WR's. You'll find that for his production in comparison to others, his contract is cheap and how bad TT screwed this one up. In the history of GM screw ups, this one ranks right up there with the best of them.

Well then clearly you should be a man as Woodbuck indicated and vote anti-TT.

Walker had a pretty good season last year. He's 30 years old now. He will likely lose his speed and explosion over the next 2-3 years. It's not like he traded away Brett Favre in his 2nd year to see him go on to be a top 10 all time QB over his 18-year career. It's not like he drafted a bust with his #5 pick. He lost a guy who has half of a career left (if he can stay healthy in his 30's).

Bad move; Yes, but to say "In the history of GM screw-ups, this one ranks right up there with the best of them" reeks of a person trying to exaggerate his view after a whole room of people voted against his line of thinking.

You're views are clearly anti-Thompson and you see bad things for this Packer team as long as Thompson is in charge or so your last few months of statements would indicate. Well, you're acting like spineless senator, flip flopping your vote with whatever the current polls indicate. When FA was at large and the people were impatient, you were loud and strong. Now, as the off season progresses and all of our good young players showed up stronger and in the best shape of their careers you are quite and "in the middle". Woody is at least man enough to stick by his views.

It's plain and simple. You took a side. I took a side. If the Packers are good, you lose credibility because your view is that Thompson has made some of the biggest blunders of any GM in history. Your view is that he has been stagnant and inactive as a GM. I believe he's first and foremost a good talent evaluator. I believe his views on value and opportunism instead of spending just to say you spent. Conservatism doesn’t stop at government. It carries to business and into building anything with a budget including a football team. You are a weak-spined flip flopper and your ship is sinking fast. If the Packers are good, all of this "Anti Thompson" rhetoric that you have spewed is going to be in every ones memories and everyone here will have less respect for your view. If the Packers suck, the same will happen to me. Stick by your guns and be a man along the way though. It's pathetic to watch, really.

MadtownPacker
07-07-2007, 10:13 AM
Walker the traitor? Wake up Mad and smell the coffee my friend. The only ones who were betrayed were the Packer fans. Walker got what he deserved and we got BELOW market value thanks to Teddy's ingenious trading skills. And before anyone agrues that point with me, look at the Branch trade by comparison.

What I find hilarious is that you and everyone else who has bad-mouthed Walker for wanting more money would do the same damn thing. We ALL want more money. It's human nature pal.

This would be a different offense with Walker and Driver and instead of expecting another 8-8 season, we'd be discussing an NFC championship.Well I think Woody is right, you need to man up and vote anti-TT.

As for being a traitor, not sure how you define it but IMO saying he would never play in GB again very much qualifies him as a traitor.

If you read my post I never once bad mouthed him for wanting more money. In fact I said he should get it and similar to what BRETT FAVRE said, walker went about it the wrong way. Notice Karma paid his ass back. So you gotta get your story straight there playboy.

Since 2007 hasn't happened yet I'm gonna have to compare walker in 2006 to... Greg Jennings! A rookie who didn't even play well the last half of the 2006 season and yet still put up #s equal to traitor baby maricon walker #s!

As for the last part about the team being a contender if walker was here, well I have to agree. The offense would be better. But that is not just cuz of him. That would be becuase Favre was chucking him the ball and DD was occupying DBs also.

So don't speak out of pocket about my thoughts on walker. I was super pissed it didn't work out either but my loyalty remains with the Packers, unlike Mr "Pay me even though my kneee is shot to hell" walker.

Packnut
07-07-2007, 10:22 AM

Well then clearly you should be a man as Woodbuck indicated and vote anti-TT.

Walker had a pretty good season last year. He's 30 years old now. He will likely lose his speed and explosion over the next 2-3 years. It's not like he traded away Brett Favre in his 2nd year to see him go on to be a top 10 all time QB over his 18-year career. It's not like he drafted a bust with his #5 pick. He lost a guy who has half of a career left (if he can stay healthy in his 30's).

Bad move; Yes, but to say "In the history of GM screw-ups, this one ranks right up there with the best of them" reeks of a person trying to exaggerate his view after a whole room of people voted against his line of thinking.

You're views are clearly anti-Thompson and you see bad things for this Packer team as long as Thompson is in charge or so your last few months of statements would indicate. Well, you're acting like spineless senator, flip flopping your vote with whatever the current polls indicate. When FA was at large and the people were impatient, you were loud and strong. Now, as the off season progresses and all of our good young players showed up stronger and in the best shape of their careers you are quite and "in the middle" Woody is at least man enough to stick by his views.

It's plain and simple. You took a side. I took a side. If the Packers are good, you lose credibility because your view is that Thompson has made some of the biggest blunders of any GM in history. Your view is that he has been stagnant and inactive as a GM. I believe he's first and foremost a good talent evaluator. I believe his views on value and opportunism instead of spending just to say you spent. Conservatism doesn’t stop at government. It carries to business and into building anything with a budget including a football team. You are a weak-spined flip flopper and your ship is sinking fast. If the Packers are good, all of this "Anti Thompson" rhetoric that you have spewed is going to be in every ones memories and everyone here will have less respect for your view. If the Packers suck, the same will happen to me. Stick by your guns and be a man along the way though. It's pathetic to watch, really.

What's pathetic is you've never made one post here that has any FACTS to back it up. It's kool-aid drinking blind worship crap. According to you, every Packer player is a pro bowl guy.

Your just like a woman, you only understand what fits your opinion. I have stated several times, that Thompson has done some good things. I dis-agree with some of the things he's done. Being "anti TT" would mean I'd dis-agree with most of the things he's done. How hard is that to understand?

Now you wanna talk about spineless? Look in the mirror. Teddy does no wrong in your eyes. You except every move he makes without question. Loyalty does'nt mean brain-less.

The problem with people like you is you talk nothing but shit but have no balls to back it up. I'll put my money where my keyboard is. Walker will be a top 8 WR this season barring any major injury. I'll make it easy on ya. $20 is nothing. Put up or shut up. It's that simple. Why is it Driver is older than Walker but yet he's a stud and Walker is gonna lose it when he's that age? More stupid bs from you that has no basis in fact, but then what new?

Here is another one for ya. You've made several posts about how Morency is a #1 RB. I got $20 that says he does'nt gain 1000 rushing yards this season. Same ground-rule as above in regards to major injury.

IF GB makes it to the NFC championship, I'll gladly drive up there and remove your lips from Teddy's ass and plant mine there. However, Teddy has had enough time. If he's done his job, this team SHOULD make the play-offs. That is not some huge accomplishment. This team SHOULD improve every season IF he's doing his job.

As I've staed before, THIS season will tell us all we need to know about Teddy and the team's immediate future. I'm more than happy to stake my credibility on this season, but are you? No more BS excuses from you. If this team improves on last season's record and makes the play-offs, than I will admit to being wrong about Thompson and will never utter a single negative word about him. If this team does'nt improve on 8-8 and have a play-off spot, you grow up and join the real world!

Bretsky
07-07-2007, 10:54 AM
First off, let's be nice. We're all on board hoping Green Bay wins near term and it's perfectly fine to agree to disagree.

I am anti TT and agree with Woody a lot more than most posters. I'm more than happy to be proven wrong though.

Third, I want to see the record improve from 8-8.

And for those who give TT great credit to go from 4-12 to 8-8, I'd hope you expect that record to improve again.

Truth be told, while strapped with money, TT made some poor decisions in year one that aided in that miserable 4-12 record. We had some bad injuries, but I'm not sure we were as bad as our record that year.

Then we were 4-8 last year and two of our last three games were complete asskickings to AFC playoff teams. We looked like crap, but then played some bad competition to close out the season.

We won a nice game in San Francisco to make us 5-8, and then had an ugly win against the Lions and pathetic playing Vikings before closing the season against an apathetic Bears team.

When looking at the whole picture, my bias is to give Woody's reference to a 12-20 record more credibility than the improvement to 8-8 last year.

But if you are lauding TT for the improvement in record, I hope you hold him accountable for more measurable improvement.

When TT brings us a title, I'll be happy to admit I was completely wrong. And I'll also be happy if my bias starts changing.

Tarlam!
07-07-2007, 11:25 AM
Regardless of our record in 2007/2008 season, I am pro TT. People saying he has had enough time to get it done, or, he has had enough money to get it done live in fantasy football world as far as I am concerned.

Bretsky, TT had no cap room in year one. And you know it. That's why we lost our pro bowl guards. That's why Walker's timing was off, when he started his showdown.

In year two, the Hawk draft, he got top marks for his off-season. In year 3, he drafted at 16 instead of 6 (maybe where he should have drafted according to the critics).

So in reality, it is 3 moves, maybe 4 (A-Rod, Walker, Moss maybe Harrel) that have the nay-sayers so livid. Exclaiming he should have been more aggressive in FA is pathetic, in my view. Woody is man enough to come out, but I so disagree with Woody, it would take an entire forum to air those views.

TT is as prudent a GM as there is. He remains objective. He has shown no emotion (exept after drafting Hawk) and that pisses alot of people off.

Well, put a friggin' dress on!

If you want a giddy getting GM, please turn to Detroit to get your fix. Our GM is a hard nosed businessman.

Bretsky
07-07-2007, 11:32 AM
Regardless of our record in 2007/2008 season, I am pro TT. People saying he has had enough time to get it done, or, he has had enough money to get it done live in fantasy football world as far as I am concerned.

Bretsky, TT had no cap room in year one. And you know it. That's why we lost our pro bowl guards. That's why Walker's timing was off, when he started his showdown.

In year two, the Hawk draft, he got top marks for his off-season. In year 3, he drafted at 16 instead of 6 (maybe where he should have drafted according to the critics).

So in reality, it is 3 moves, maybe 4 (A-Rod, Walker, Moss maybe Harrel) that have the nay-sayers so livid. Exclaiming he should have been more aggressive in FA is pathetic, in my view. Woody is man enough to come out, but I so disagree with Woody, it would take an entire forum to air those views.

TT is as prudent a GM as there is. He remains objective. He has shown no emotion (exept after drafting Hawk) and that pisses alot of people off.

Well, put a friggin' dress on!

If you want a giddy getting GM, please turn to Detroit to get your fix. Our GM is a hard nosed businessman.

You've chosen to state the obvious in TT's year one, but look further. Who did TT get in to replace those guys. He brought in Adrienne Klemm from New England as a free agent to start. Klemm was a miserable failure. And was Will Whittaker really the best TT could do ? You can give him a flyer for losing Wahle and Rivera, but at least acknowledge what TT did to replace them because that had as big of an impact on 4-12 than anything did.

TT made mistakes in the Walker ordeal; he as much admitted it after it went down. He learned from it but IMO it's too easy to hang him out to dry or glorify his position. It was a complicated ordeal.

Free Agency, we shall agree to disagree. Loads of talent was there last year when TT just signed Woodsen to a frontloaded deal and Pickett. This year it was down, but certainly there were players that could have helped.

Those who dislike TT, IMO, do so for many more reasons than you acknowlege.

Tarlam!
07-07-2007, 11:57 AM
Whittiker was a starter in Sherman's system. Klemm was a cheap, cheap FA that didn't pan out.

That's where your loathing of TT comes from?

You gotta be kidding me. He doesn't overpay players. He will not be blackmailed.He doesn't contribute when salaries spiral into the stratesphere.

The man is prudent.

The fact that Woody is oblivious to our good fortune with TT doesn't surprise me, but, you Bretsky? I had you pegged for smarter... :bow:

Scott Campbell
07-07-2007, 12:30 PM
I'm more than happy to stake my credibility on this season, but are you? No more BS excuses from you. If this team improves on last season's record and makes the play-offs, than I will admit to being wrong about Thompson and will never utter a single negative word about him. If this team does'nt improve on 8-8 and have a play-off spot, you grow up and join the real world!

Is it healthy for anyone's manhood to hinge on the failure of his favorite football team? In summer? When they're not even playing?

Have a beer.

Scott Campbell
07-07-2007, 12:36 PM
Ted Thompson acts in so many ways like an egotistic coward. This is his team people say. Well for the sake of GOD why is he so invisable?

Maybe you could provide some specific examples, because otherwise this just looks like more inflamatory rabble rousing to try and sway others with your I HATE TED propaganda. I think they're plenty of legitimate moves to argue over without resorting to making crap up.

RashanGary
07-07-2007, 01:17 PM
PACKNUT - What's pathetic is you've never made one post here that has any FACTS to back it up. It's kool-aid drinking blind worship crap. According to you, every Packer player is a pro bowl guy. REALLY? ? ?

JUSTINHARRELL - Partial - I predict he has a big time year. Maybe even pro-bowl.

ME - Come on Partial. He has a good chance to be good but probowl is a little far fetched don't you think?

This was found in the Morency hungry for carry’s thread. This is just another example of your childish, transparent exaggerations that typically accompany men with small penises who need to compensate

Packnut’s record so far: Facts – 0, Exaggerated small penis compensating – 1

PACKNUT - Your just like a woman, you only understand what fits your opinion. I have stated several times, that Thompson has done some good things. I dis-agree with some of the things he's done. Being "anti TT" would mean I'd dis-agree with most of the things he's done. How hard is that to understand?

JUSTIN HARRELL - OK, I’ll play. I did a search for Ted Thompson by the author packnut and this is what I found in my random sample of ten

1. http://packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=3692&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=thompson&start=20 packnut agrees with a poster who said Thompson is making decision that are not to win but rather to pad his ego. Sounds like someone we know but in your case it’s compensating for your small penis.

2. http://packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=4821&highlight=thompson Packnut says that if Thompson drafts a WR we’ll be OK but doubts Thompsons willingness to win. Thompson did not draft a reciever so this is one other random topic that you disagree with.

3. Same topic, packnut disagrees with Thompsons approach to WR free agency. Also agrees that with Thompson that Woodson was a good signing. 3 anti Thompson so far, 1 pro Thompson (the pro Thompson was only used as a tool to spew more anti Thompson rhetoric.

4. Same topic later in the thread: Packnut says that TT Went 2-3 last year in FA postive, again uses that to set up his plea for more FA’s this year (disregarding how weak the class was if I might add). Regardless, Thompson didn’t do what Packnut wanted so there is another thing in the negative as far as agreeing with him. Pro-Thompson – 2 Anti Thompson – 4

5. http://packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=5131&highlight=thompson Best one yet. Packnut starts his very own thread about how the off season should be conducted. You went through and picked all of the things you wanted Thompson to do. You said that you had a sick feeling that he wouldn’t do any of it and you were right. There were at least 3 things here and just so I don’t have to look any further I’ll just give you the next one as a pro comment to give me the original 10 I sought out.

I conducted this study by picking a random TT thread and then going up 6 each time as a way of having random selections instead of me picking them out. It was completely random.

Total tally

Pro TT – 3
Anti TT - 7

How hard is that to understand, tiny? Seems like 7 vs 3 is a vast majority, no? Also, anyone who knows you would probably agree here that you are about as anti TT as they get and your overcompensating for your little weiner is what makes you even more annoying than usual.

PACKNUT - Now you wanna talk about spineless? Look in the mirror. Teddy does no wrong in your eyes. You except every move he makes without question. Loyalty does'nt mean brain-less. hmmm. . . .

JUSTINHARRELL - Oh yes, here it is in the very post you responded to. “Bad move; Yes, but to say ‘In the history of GM screw-ups, this one ranks right up there with the best of them’ reeks of a person trying to exaggerate his view after a whole room of people voted against his line of thinking.”

Clearly I think TT makes mistakes, I just don’t overcompensate and exaggerate them like yourself

PACKNUT - The problem with people like you is you talk nothing but shit but have no balls to back it up. I'll put my money where my keyboard is. Walker will be a top 8 WR this season barring any major injury. I'll make it easy on ya. $20 is nothing. Put up or shut up. It's that simple. Why is it Driver is older than Walker but yet he's a stud and Walker is gonna lose it when he's that age? More stupid bs from you that has no basis in fact, but then what new?

JUSTINHARRELL - Sorry, I think Walker will have a good year and losing him hurt

PACKNUT - Here is another one for ya. You've made several posts about how Morency is a #1 RB. I got $20 that says he does'nt gain 1000 rushing yards this season. Same ground-rule as above in regards to major injury.

JUSTINHARRELL - I’m gonna use this one again because I never said Morency was this great #1 back. I think he could be good but I’ve been consistant in my worries about the running game.

Partial - I predict he has a big time year. Maybe even pro-bowl.

JustinHarrell - Come on Partial. He has a good chance to be good but probowl is a little far fetched don't you think?

This was found in the Morency hungry for carry’s thread.

PACKNUT - IF GB makes it to the NFC championship, I'll gladly drive up there and remove your lips from Teddy's ass and plant mine there. However, Teddy has had enough time. If he's done his job, this team SHOULD make the play-offs. That is not some huge accomplishment. This team SHOULD improve every season IF he's doing his job.

JUSTINHARRELL - I agree somewhat. I think they should be 9-7 but 8-8 wouldn’t have me jumping off a bridge because of the youth. We’re not too far off here

PACKNUT - As I've staed before, THIS season will tell us all we need to know about Teddy and the team's immediate future. I'm more than happy to stake my credibility on this season, but are you? No more BS excuses from you. If this team improves on last season's record and makes the play-offs, than I will admit to being wrong about Thompson and will never utter a single negative word about him. If this team does'nt improve on 8-8 and have a play-off spot, you grow up and join the real world!

JUSTINHARRELL - Well, I’m not going to jump in with this because my minimum expectation is 8-8. I predict 9-7 and would be thoroughly impressed by TT if we go 10-6 or better considering he tore it down and built it up almost from scratch..

Bretsky
07-07-2007, 01:35 PM
Just remember about the 2 beer bet JH; I take my free drinks seriously.. :lol:

RashanGary
07-07-2007, 01:41 PM

I'm happy to bet 2 beers in fun with someone who is willing to admit wrong if that is what happens.

I think the bet was for teh wild card, right?

Bretsky
07-07-2007, 01:51 PM

I'm happy to bet 2 beers in fun with someone who is willing to admit wrong if that is what happens.

I think the bet was for teh wild card, right?

Yup, actually for the playoffs in any way they make it.

Tarlam!
07-07-2007, 03:30 PM
Nick (aka JH), that Packnut rebuttal is a classic!

:knll:

Bretsky
07-07-2007, 04:11 PM
[quote="Tarlam!"]Whittiker was a starter in Sherman's system. Klemm was a cheap, cheap FA that didn't pan out.

You gotta be kidding me. He doesn't overpay players. He will not be blackmailed.He doesn't contribute when salaries spiral into the stratesphere.

The man is prudent.

The fact that Woody is oblivious to our good fortune with TT doesn't surprise me, but, you Bretsky? I had you pegged for smarter... :bow:[/quote

You've made some generalization that I completely agree with about TT being prudent, not overpaying etc . But we also disagree on several specific instances that seem to be defining TT as well. To comment on a couple of your points in year one...

Whittaker was a very poor starter; Klemm was a bad signing. Under the GM's reign. I don't give the free pass out that easy. If they were unacceptable starters then a GM finds new ones...trades....free agency..etc. As I said TT needs to be accountable as he was a part of 4-12.

TT seems to have recovered well from those days on the OL by retooling well through the draft. He gets credit for that. Also seems to have rebuilt the defense well and the bottom quarter of the roster is certainly better than what he inherited.

As for free agency, I don't buy for a second into the everybody is overpaid mentality. There were fair finds out there that signed this year in positions of need for Green Bay. TT just chose not to play in free agency, or maybe he decided he was only going to play if he get extreme bargains.

I think he should also take some blame for losing Javon Walker (he learned from that one) and Ahman Green (who from reports he should have signed before free agency hit). You are right in that I don't like Rodgers; hope I'm wrong there.

And you are right in that I didn't love the Harrell pick, but I don't hate it either. More than the Harrell pick, I thought TT could have still drafted a top WR if he had the stones to trade up in the draft and get Jarrett or Rice. Lack of boldness.....letting the chips fall as they will and his refusal to modify his game and go for the gold.......all reasons I have a negative bias now.

In the end, TT IMO has made some good and some bad decisions. At the head of my view is the fact that I lack patience, and he moves way too slow for me in building a winner. I'm confident TT can draft well and build a decent roster for many years to come; I'm not confident that he'll make the bold moves needed to bring us a title.

Time will tell, and I'll be happy to admit I was wrong when we win a Super Bowl if it happens.

Tarlam!
07-07-2007, 04:38 PM
Sorry, B, but I can't and won't agree drafting Whittiker and signing Klemm to be defining moments to TT's tenure. He would not have had an issue at guard, but Shermie set that up. It is a lot to ask of a new GM tp replcae 2 pro bowlers within a month.

I will agree he completely mishandled the Walker Affair, but, Walker's public statements kind of forced TT's hand a bit. Harris and DD were far more intelligent in my view. So was Bubba Franks, if you recall.

Signing your own players has been TT's statement. He let Bubba, Harris, DD, Kampy, Jenkns and most recently, Barnett see the cash. So, not only does he talk the talk, he also walks the walk.

A-Rod and Harrell are to me defining. Two 1st rounders out of 3 should define a GM. If only one is as good as Hawk should become, well, that's 2 outta 3. At any rate, most experts agree you can't really judge a draft till 3 years go by. That means, we get to judge TT's first draft at the end of this year. Seeing as A-Rod will be holding the clipboard again, and T-Murph is a coaching intern, it'll be a split decision.

The thing most TT anti-fans seem strung out about is TT's performance during free agency. Well, he seems to be doing OK. Not great, but, OK.

What I admire is the fact that he has a strategy and he is sticking with it, despite what fans are saying. He's not stupid. He knows what is being said. He could easily trade for Moss.

But TT is not after a populairty prize. He's after a sustainable winning team.

Rastak
07-07-2007, 04:38 PM
You forgot O'Dwyer Bretsky.

Actually I agree with you on the WR tradeup. Hey, maybe Ted was right and we'll see. I think TT has done an ok job so far but I also disagree with some of his methods...but then again who am I? I though Woodson was a stupid signing and it clearly wasn't.

Fred's Slacks
07-07-2007, 06:26 PM
I'm confident TT can draft well and build a decent roster for many years to come; I'm not confident that he'll make the bold moves needed to bring us a title.

Here's the part that I hear a lot of but don't necessarily agree with. I know that in our mid 90's hay day, Wolf made a few bold moves that catapulted us from a young promising team into a true championship team. I am just not sure that the bold move is needed. Sure it can be a huge help when it works, but I think the model to look at is the Pats. What bold move did they make just before their first Lombardi trophy? Maybe someone here can point one out and prove me wrong but as I remember they did exactly as TT is trying to do now: draft well and find value in FA.

I am sure people will point to what the Pats are doing now and say "Look their paying big money to free agents and taking risks". Yes the are, but I don't think they are being smart in doing so. It looks like they see their window with Brady closing and want to capitalize. Maybe it works and they can get another trophy or two, but if it doesn't, they're going to have a much harder time getting back to good then if they had stayed with their old plan of building through the draft. What they're doing now reminds me of what Sherman did as a GM trying to win the big one before Brett retires.

the_idle_threat
07-07-2007, 06:57 PM
I agree with Fred's Slacks. Well stated.

Also, LOLOLOL @ "Adrienne Klemm" Good one, B! :lol:

RashanGary
07-07-2007, 11:16 PM
Two guys get fifty dollars each. The goal is to build the fastest sail-boat. There are many quality pieces in the hardware store, wallmart, and hobby shop but 50 dollars isn't 50 dollars no matter how it's spent. One guy might get more for his money.

The winner is going to be the guy who knows what it takes to biuld a boat (talent evaluator). If there are two guys who know how to build a boat like there are more than two GM's that know how to scout talent then the guy who gets more for his money is going to win.

If I spend fifteen dollars on a red sail and the next guy spends ten on the same one but white, he's getting the advantage because he has five more dollars to spend on a lighter more arrowdynamic hull for example.

The NFL is more complicated than that as you can manipulate the cap and such and it is done over many years, not just one week with the boat, but the concept of value is present anytime you have a budget. Be it a fifty dollar boat race or a 100 million dollar football team. If you have the same to spend as the next guy, you better get more for your money than he does.

It's that simple. We might have extra money now, but if we go blow it on things that are not worth their price like the fifteen dollar sail then we are going to run into trouble when we want to buy the next piece. You just have to find value and I believe Thompson does that. There are some bumps and bruises along the way but if you want to be the best then some patients is required because you're not going to find the right sail in the first store you walk into. You might have to spend a couple days looking. In NFL terms, you might have to suffer through two bad OG's for a year :) because the first store (the first offseason) didn't have the right piece.

RashanGary
07-07-2007, 11:35 PM
Nice post by the way Fred's slacks.

Rastak
07-08-2007, 01:24 AM
If I spend fifteen dollars on a red sail and the next guy spends ten on the same one but white, he's getting the advantage because he has five more dollars to spend on a lighter more arrowdynamic hull for example.

The advantage is lost if he pockets the 5, right?

MadtownPacker
07-08-2007, 01:26 AM
What's pathetic is you've never made one post here that has any FACTS to back it up. It's kool-aid drinking blind worship crap. According to you, every Packer player is a pro bowl guy.

Your just like a woman, you only understand what fits your opinion. I have stated several times, that Thompson has done some good things. I dis-agree with some of the things he's done. Being "anti TT" would mean I'd dis-agree with most of the things he's done. How hard is that to understand?

Now you wanna talk about spineless? Look in the mirror. Teddy does no wrong in your eyes. You except every move he makes without question. Loyalty does'nt mean brain-less.

The problem with people like you is you talk nothing but shit but have no balls to back it up. I'll put my money where my keyboard is. Walker will be a top 8 WR this season barring any major injury. I'll make it easy on ya. $20 is nothing. Put up or shut up. It's that simple. Why is it Driver is older than Walker but yet he's a stud and Walker is gonna lose it when he's that age? More stupid bs from you that has no basis in fact, but then what new?

Here is another one for ya. You've made several posts about how Morency is a #1 RB. I got $20 that says he does'nt gain 1000 rushing yards this season. Same ground-rule as above in regards to major injury.

IF GB makes it to the NFC championship, I'll gladly drive up there and remove your lips from Teddy's ass and plant mine there. However, Teddy has had enough time. If he's done his job, this team SHOULD make the play-offs. That is not some huge accomplishment. This team SHOULD improve every season IF he's doing his job.

As I've staed before, THIS season will tell us all we need to know about Teddy and the team's immediate future. I'm more than happy to stake my credibility on this season, but are you? No more BS excuses from you. If this team improves on last season's record and makes the play-offs, than I will admit to being wrong about Thompson and will never utter a single negative word about him. If this team does'nt improve on 8-8 and have a play-off spot, you grow up and join the real world!I agree, my post suck but I'm not on here to feel better about myself so that's ok. If I was that good it would be my job. Is it yours?

I have nothing to say to the rest of the stupid shit in your post except this.

Come to the posters game. It is the 5th game of the season and by then we will have an idea of how the season is gonna go. Your profile says you are close to GB so getting there shouldn't be too hard. You don't even have to go to the game you can just go to the get together. Then you can repeat what you said in this post. I can assure you I will be there regardless of what the record is.

the_idle_threat
07-08-2007, 02:48 AM
Errr, Mad ... I think Packnut's diatribe was directed at JustinHarrell/GregJennings/NickCollins/etc. rather than at you. As he's the "cerebral" rat and all, Packnut surely knows better than to phuck with you ... nobody's lookin to get shanked. :P :P :P

the_idle_threat
07-08-2007, 02:52 AM

The advantage is lost if he pockets the 5, right?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

If he breaks the five and it finds its way into some G-strings, then he gets some points for that IMO.

the_idle_threat
07-08-2007, 03:01 AM
Nick (aka JH), that Packnut rebuttal is a classic!

:knll:

It was a good slap-down but a bit too focused on another man's penis, IMO. :|

Tarlam!
07-08-2007, 03:43 AM
It was a good slap-down but a bit too focused on another man's penis, IMO. |

Maybe, but it made me giggle more than I usually do...

the_idle_threat
07-08-2007, 04:02 AM
Fair enough. :lol:

Joemailman
07-08-2007, 07:24 AM
Whittiker was a starter in Sherman's system. Klemm was a cheap, cheap FA that didn't pan out.

The man is prudent.

The fact that Woody is oblivious to our good fortune with TT doesn't surprise me, but, you Bretsky? I had you pegged for smarter... :bow:

You've made some generalization that I completely agree with about TT being prudent, not overpaying etc . But we also disagree on several specific instances that seem to be defining TT as well. To comment on a couple of your points in year one...

Whittaker was a very poor starter; Klemm was a bad signing. Under the GM's reign. I don't give the free pass out that easy. If they were unacceptable starters then a GM finds new ones...trades....free agency..etc. As I said TT needs to be accountable as he was a part of 4-12.

TT seems to have recovered well from those days on the OL by retooling well through the draft. He gets credit for that. Also seems to have rebuilt the defense well and the bottom quarter of the roster is certainly better than what he inherited.

As for free agency, I don't buy for a second into the everybody is overpaid mentality. There were fair finds out there that signed this year in positions of need for Green Bay. TT just chose not to play in free agency, or maybe he decided he was only going to play if he get extreme bargains.

I think he should also take some blame for losing Javon Walker (he learned from that one) and Ahman Green (who from reports he should have signed before free agency hit). You are right in that I don't like Rodgers; hope I'm wrong there.

And you are right in that I didn't love the Harrell pick, but I don't hate it either. More than the Harrell pick, I thought TT could have still drafted a top WR if he had the stones to trade up in the draft and get Jarrett or Rice. Lack of boldness.....letting the chips fall as they will and his refusal to modify his game and go for the gold.......all reasons I have a negative bias now.

In the end, TT IMO has made some good and some bad decisions. At the head of my view is the fact that I lack patience, and he moves way too slow for me in building a winner. I'm confident TT can draft well and build a decent roster for many years to come; I'm not confident that he'll make the bold moves needed to bring us a title.

Time will tell, and I'll be happy to admit I was wrong when we win a Super Bowl if it happens.

You are quite right that Klemm was a bust. That was TT's mistake. However, Whitticker was a 7th round pick that didn't work out. Unless you think TT told Sherman who should start, the fact that he was in the starting lineup was Rossley's and Shermans brainstorm. A run-of-the-mill veteran like Ruegamer would have been better. Sherman made some bad decisions that year, and starting Whitticker was one of them.

RashanGary
07-08-2007, 09:03 AM
It's like if you know you're going to meet up with a girl and have sex. You don't go rub out out to Jenna Jamison at your computer desk right before you leave. You save it for the real girl.

That's what Thompson is doing. He's saving his load for real girl.

Bretsky
07-08-2007, 09:51 AM
It's like if you know you're going to meet up with a girl and have sex. You don't go rub out out to Jenna Jamison at your computer desk right before you leave. You save it for the real girl.

That's what Thompson is doing. He's saving his load for real girl.

But while waiting for the real girl, why not fill in your needs with several along the way ? :lol: :lol:

RashanGary
07-08-2007, 09:52 AM
Even better :wink:

MadtownPacker
07-08-2007, 10:04 AM
Errr, Mad ... I think Packnut's diatribe was directed at JustinHarrell/GregJennings/NickCollins/etc. rather than at you. As he's the "cerebral" rat and all, Packnut surely knows better than to phuck with you ... nobody's lookin to get shanked. :P :P :POh shit.... Damn! I just went back and checked and youre right. Aww, man I was tipping that Cuervo last night and got on here to check things outs before going to bed. I feel (deservedly so) like a major prick.

My sincerest apologizes Packnut. I was out of line even if you had said that stuff to me. I really hope you do come to the get together and the game so I can buy you some shots to make it up to you man.

woodbuck27
07-13-2007, 03:17 PM

TT extends Mike Sherman's contract and then gives him crap on the OL. Why was that? Where is the consistency?

Mike Sherman got a really raw deal as our HC in 2005. The adversity due to injury was beyond horrific and that is beyond a question of. . . did we have depth.

How much talent loss can any NFL team suffer before it falls down to it's knees?

TT used a band-aid approach to re-tooling our OL in 2005. His help there for Mike Sherman amounted to. . . no help. That plus the loss of key talent (injuries to Gtreen ,Walker,Bubba a promising Terrence Murphy etc.) smacked our offense.

Those loss's also placed undo pressure on Favre. It all went in the toilet in 2005. The result no surprize at 4-12. :shock: NO !

I chock that up to TT not knowing what in 'H' he was doing. I still believe he's trying (I hope) to learn on the job.

I do believe that MS took the fall for that season and TT looked bad as all that went down. He appears as the giver and the taker. TT didn't look good.

I began to see right away as he took the GM's position. That TT wasn't a GM that was visable. He certainly showed himself as awkward in the manner of addresing situations publicly. He never revealed a plan.

Last season we had a new HC and predominately new coaching staff. A brand new offensive system to struggle with, plus rookies in the middle of the OL.

Yes ! Despite that. . . we went 8-8 and that seems encouraging. . but our SOS and the teams we defeated have to be considered along with who defeated us and how badly.

I am most concerned with how little TT did this off season, given our obvious needs on offense, based on results last season.

He did bugger all in our off season.

Where was the momentum push?

We have a tougher SOS this season and a HC that is in the second year of a three year contract and reallybPacker fans. . .how much support has TT given to him?

A CB named Walker doesn't cut it for me.

Some of us Packer fans have had to endure a very listless off season on TT's behalf. I was certainly one that hoped for a lot more from Ted Thompson. He failed to address needs and that is too obvious to me.

He was as I term it . . . ,' invisable '. Got that SC. :)

woodbuck27
07-13-2007, 03:45 PM

Tarlam :

1. Just what are your qualifications to determine smartness on this board?

I will follow that up by informing YOU Tarlam.

I pay a lot of attention to what is going on inside the Packers and also the NFL as a whole. This is a hobby that I pay strict attention to.

Anything but. . .my support for. . . all thing that are good Packer would be a difficult challenge for you Tarlam.

I'm just not all that pumped over Ted Thompson. :)

I also must make this very clear. I'm not in any way in possession of feeling of hatred for this poor sole.

I don't hate Ted Thompson. I hate the way he has played out his responsibilitys as our GM in the way he doesn't act and therefore lead to us not being competitive.

I really hate the way he has failed to support the talent of Brett Favre as his career winds down. That fact is shameful.

I don't hate Ted Thompson. With modesty intended. I am not capable of hate given to my personality and intellect. Ted Thompson certainly couldn't inspire that emotion (hatred) I deem as such weakness in another.

Having pointed that out. He has little obvious qualities that I can deem creditable to really think well of him. He fails to give me hope ( he's almost invisabe to invisable) and that isn't inspiring to me.

2. What is obvious, beyond the normal. . . that we should expect fr. a decent GM to manage the CAP. Should we laud TT with praise for doing his job there, at the expence of doing Dick All this off season?

Drafting for our future is a job that many here, are as well equipped to do as Ted Thompson. Yet you and some other's here laud him as some great draft genious. There hasn't been ample time to really declare on that.

What we have to see is 12-20 and a very slow off season and what that will lend to 2007.

GOD help us all. :)

Tarlam!
07-14-2007, 06:17 AM
The fact that Woody is oblivious to our good fortune with TT doesn't surprise me()

Tarlam :

()[/b] would be a difficult challenge for you Tarlam.

Woody, reading your rant was actually, a waste of my time. And, writing it, a waste of yours. As a token of resepect, I read it anyway.

I am neither qualified to judge the Packers regime, nor am I qualified to judge what anybody posts here.

Yet, I have opinions, and, I air my opinions. My opinions will regard situations, or, posters' views of the same. It may come as a surprise to you, but I have an opinion about everything anybody says or does.

IMHO, you have taken a stance to slander TT at every opportunity. You will go out of your way to twist facts into (what I consider to be) warped realities, to get your opinion across. IMHO.

Nothing you say, challenges me. Not in the slightest. I am only challenged by sifting through your choice of grammar. Now, that is challenging. If you possessed the ability to deliver your rants' content into a few credible sentences, I for one, would be very impressed.

PaCkFan_n_MD
07-14-2007, 10:58 AM
The fact that Woody is oblivious to our good fortune with TT doesn't surprise me()

Tarlam :

()[/b] would be a difficult challenge for you Tarlam.

Woody, reading your rant was actually, a waste of my time. And, writing it, a waste of yours. As a token of resepect, I read it anyway.

I am neither qualified to judge the Packers regime, nor am I qualified to judge what anybody posts here.

Yet, I have opinions, and, I air my opinions. My opinions will regard situations, or, posters' views of the same. It may come as a surprise to you, but I have an opinion about everything anybody says or does.

IMHO, you have taken a stance to slander TT at every opportunity. You will go out of your way to twist facts into (what I consider to be) warped realities, to get your opinion across. IMHO.

Nothing you say, challenges me. Not in the slightest. I am only challenged by sifting through your choice of grammar. Now, that is challenging. If you possessed the ability to deliver your rants' content into a few credible sentences, I for one, would be very impressed.

What is with the personal attacks man? If you don’t agree with Woody's opinion that is one thing, but to say he cant write and all that is unnecessary.

Tarlam!
07-14-2007, 11:10 AM
What is with the personal attacks man? If you don’t agree with Woody's opinion that is one thing, but to say he cant write and all that is unnecessary.

Woody and I go back a long way. You need not defend him; He is well enough equiped to do that himself.

But, surely you're not suggesting he CAN write? Now, that is funny.

RashanGary
07-14-2007, 12:20 PM
I've always thought Woodbuck was Tank and I still do in some ways. What 65 yr old canadian says a GM doesn't do DICK in an off season?

I have no problem with people getting on Tank because he loves it and it's more of a game for him. Is this Tank? Maybe not, but Woody is suspiciously stupid and that is what makes me think he's Tank or someone with similar motives.

Bretsky
07-14-2007, 12:55 PM
I've always thought Woodbuck was Tank and I still do in some ways. What 65 yr old canadian says a GM doesn't do DICK in an off season?

I have no problem with people getting on Tank because he loves it and it's more of a game for him. Is this Tank? Maybe not, but Woody is suspiciously stupid and that is what makes me think he's Tank or someone with similar motives.

This Tank like intuition is absolutely untrue.

And I'd agree with anybody that notices bad vibes between posters and notes there is no good reason to insult another person beyond noting specific views. ..etc.

The Shadow
07-14-2007, 06:55 PM
".......I really hate the way he has failed to support the talent of Brett Favre as his career winds down. That fact is shameful."

Shameful?
Not to me - in any way.
I like & admire Favre, but I love the Green Bay Packers.
I much prefer a contender built for the long haul over a slap dash
approach aimed at enhancing the glory of any single player.

Bretsky
07-14-2007, 08:26 PM
".......I really hate the way he has failed to support the talent of Brett Favre as his career winds down. That fact is shameful."

Shameful?
Not to me - in any way.
I like & admire Favre, but I love the Green Bay Packers.
I much prefer a contender built for the long haul over a slap dash
approach aimed at enhancing the glory of any single player.

The day TT brings us a championship I'll be incredibly happy to admit you were right in your consistent support for everything TT does.

PaCkFan_n_MD
07-14-2007, 09:08 PM
When it comes to the draft I give TT a "A", but when it comes to free agency I give him a "C." For example, in 2005 he drafted Collins, Murphy, Popp, and Underwood. All these players (except for Murphy of course) are long term starters IMO and that’s not even considering Rodgers. In 2006 he also got a lot of great players like Hawk, Collegde, Jennings, Splitz, Moll, Blackman and Jolly. I just named more good players in two of TT's drafts than all of Sherman’s drafts combined. I expect nothing less than at least three starters out of this past draft as well.

In Free agency TT is not that good IMO and this is were I start to have some problems with him.

In 2005.

I understand him not having the money to keep Sharper and not spending a lot of money on an old and often injured Rivera, but I really believe he should of tried harder to keep Whale. I think he only got 4 or 5 million a year with the panthers and with the cap going up the way it has I think he would he been will worth the money.

In 2006

Walker! :evil: I still hate that we lost a top ten WR for a 2nd round pick. I really believe TT should of just signed him to an extension that summer he wanted to new deal. He is just so good it sickens me to see him on another team. However, he also did sign Woodson (great one) and Pickett, which are both great additions.

In 2007

I know it was slim pickings but he should of brought in at least one guy who could complete for a starting job. Like how about TE!! Eric Johnson (I think that’s his name) would have been cheap and a good upgrade. Also, I would have really liked to keep AG.

Overall I give TT a "B."

4and12to12and4
07-14-2007, 09:12 PM
I am a fan. Not a huge fan yet but I like the direction he's going in. In my opinion, his biggest mistake was not resigning Wahle.

I disagree, his handling of Javon Walker was his worst action as GM. He could have been more diplomatic and been able to keep him. It was poor team management to allow him t walk for the little to nothing we got back for him.

RashanGary
07-14-2007, 09:23 PM
Walker held out from TC in 2005 demanding to get paid or traded. TT was a new GM and Drew Rosenhaus had a lot of momentum. Rosenhaus had made claims to "change the way the game is played" and he was about to take a shot at some fresh GM blood. TT held strong and Walker came in. He looked outstanding on that play when he got injured. He just tore away from the CB with explosion that even he hadn't shown before but the worste happened. He suffered a severe injury and all good will was GONE.

It got really ugly after that. I don't know that there was anything we could have done at that point.

b bulldog
07-14-2007, 09:27 PM
I think alll sides involved would handle the Walker situation differently now.

Scott Campbell
07-15-2007, 03:09 PM
I think alll sides involved would handle the Walker situation differently now.

I'm not sure the situation would have been handled any differently under anyone else's watch. If I remember correctly, the situation came to a head during the Sherman regime, and he wasn't able to resolve it either.

GBRulz
07-15-2007, 06:36 PM
Your just like a woman, you only understand what fits your opinion.

:no:

woodbuck27
07-16-2007, 03:56 PM

I am not TANK.

I have never posted here, on any other Packer or other football forum as other than woodbuck27.

I'm hardly in my own defense stupid JustinHarrel, unless responding with the likes of you may be interpreted as so.

You and Tarlam! may go on. You may judge me as you feel it's important to both you and as it's your nature's to do so. Fill your boots and make fools of yourselves.

I need not use the language in the form of adjectives, slurs or an otherwise negative tone to lower myself to your levels. Rather, I choose sympathy for you both (JustinHarrel and Tarlam!). A genuine compassion for the challenges that you both obviously are not merely condemned with and may overcome.

Ted Thompson.

I simply have decided that for reasons of observation and a lack of his inspiring me. . . I'm not on the TT bandwagon as yet and do hope one day to land there.

To this time I remain frustrated.

I'm a Packer fan first. As I see it. It's not our fortune to have Ted Thompson as our GM.

I simply have responded to the question of favor for, or against Ted Thompson as our GM.

If my personal response doesn't agree with you two fellas. That doesn't give you leeway to shit on me, attempt to insult me, flame me or otherwise discredit my personal observations and feelings regarding Ted Thompson.

retailguy
07-16-2007, 07:49 PM
If my personal response doesn't agree with you two fellas. That doesn't give you leeway to shit on me, attempt to insult me, flame me or otherwise discredit my personal observations and feelings regarding Ted Thompson.

But.... They're part of the Kool-Aid goggle wearing majority. They can say anything they damn well please. So there. :wink:

You keep on chanting Woody. God love the minority opinion! We're all negative fools, but really, who gives a damn? :twisted:

wist43
07-17-2007, 06:59 AM

I am not TANK.

I have never posted here, on any other Packer or other football forum as other than woodbuck27.

I'm hardly in my own defense stupid JustinHarrel, unless responding with the likes of you may be interpreted as so.

You and Tarlam! may go on. You may judge me as you feel it's important to both you and as it's your nature's to do so. Fill your boots and make fool of yourselves.

I need not use the language in the form of adjectives, slurs or an otherwise negative tone to lower myself to your levels. Rather I choose sympathy for you both (JustiHarrel and Tarlam!), a genuine compassion for the challenges that you both obviously are not condemned with.

Ted Thompson.

I simply have decided that for reasons of observation and a lack of his inspiring me. . . I'm not on the TT bandwagon as yet and do hope one day to land there.

I'm a Packer fan first. As I see it. It's not our fortune to have Ted Thompson as our GM.

I simply have responded to the question of favor for or against Ted Thompson as our GM.

I used to think Tex's tag for me, "The Great Satan of All Detractors" was the lowest slander I'd seen on any of these sites, but to be called "Tank"... that's pretty low!!! :shock:

I got your back Woody... these young bucks want to rumble??? I'd imagine we'd be pretty heavy work... :butt:

MJZiggy
07-17-2007, 07:53 AM
Watch who you're calling a BUCK, Wist... :smack:

:P

woodbuck27
07-17-2007, 03:22 PM

I am not TANK.

You and Tarlam! may go on. You may judge me as you feel it's important to both you and as it's your nature's to do so. Fill your boots and make fool of yourselves.

I need not use the language in the form of adjectives, slurs or an otherwise negative tone to lower myself to your levels. Rather I choose sympathy for you both (JustiHarrel and Tarlam!), a genuine compassion for the challenges that you both obviously are not condemned with.

Ted Thompson.

I simply have responded to the question of favor for or against Ted Thompson as our GM.

I used to think Tex's tag for me, "The Great Satan of All Detractors" was the lowest slander I'd seen on any of these sites, but to be called "Tank"... that's pretty low!!! :shock:

I got your back Woody... these young bucks want to rumble??? I'd imagine we'd be pretty heavy work... :butt:

Haha ! Thanks wist43

Nothing, should ever lower us to a lower level. To ever get sucked into their obvious place of despair, as they meet their daily challenge and fall on the renders of their own abuses. :)

To everyone:

This is first and foremost a Packer fan forum. This is my and your Packer home. We have to secure,protect that, for all it's value. For the contribution we make to what's really decent and positive here.

This isn't the place for ridicule, implied falsifications or insults otherwise.

This isn't a ring where the more or less healthy esteemed (in their deluded sense) need to duel it out

The dreamers and the deluded? I'm not taken to adjectives that seperate the mass's into feed bins. As a common person I allude to the common reference.

Different strokes for different folks. :)

Their are alot of personalities on this board. Some people here fail the requirements of decency and common repect for 'the fact' we are simply Packer fans. They want to take it. . . to the personal.

Some here, often lost. Amongst those who retain honor and pureness, displayed in hope and certain fairness, even if, we ** don't see a positive prognosis for the immediate future of our team.

That **. . . based in clear observation and analysis.

Funny how their defense mechanisms, are as a mirror. A reflection of their psyche's and personal challenges. Exposed in their garments of despair. If that shoe fits? May YOU find peace. :)

It's all very sad, How YOU turn on yourselves before the battle.

Insult and ridicule, your weapons of choice, will never blanket insecurities. Position's cloaked in common displays of immaturity,insult and preposterous ridicule.

The intellect of the worn or unwise? Maybe?

That choice serves lost needs, a diversion from looking at real pains.

Rather than a decent respect, a decent attempt to understand anyone with an opposing position. YOU choose the path of insult and ridicule.

A far better choice would be, in common terms,

to get your heads out of your ass's.

To choose decency regarding tolerance for others is a better choice, rather than arrogance displays for those YOU choose to diminish.

If the good guys here don't stand up to YOUR ways and ignorant displays of low self esteem. We risk this Packer home becoming what we felt at JSO.

I'll be damn'd if that happens as I make my small contribution and learn here.

Again, Thanks wist43

Ohhh . . . by the way. . .

JustinHarrel and Tarlam!. . . GO POUND SAND !!! PLEASE !!! :)

Come on. We are all Packer fans here for the most part.

Should any of us hold our opinions too highly?

Scott Campbell
01-05-2008, 05:27 AM
What we have to see is 12-20 and a very slow off season and what that will lend to 2007.

GOD help us all. :)

hehe.......GOD help us all.

BallHawk
01-05-2008, 09:35 AM

Does anybody dare question this statement now? :thank:

Carolina_Packer
01-05-2008, 10:50 AM
What a bunch of candy ass's. Four other posters here voted as anti TT and hunched under their keyboards.

I'm clearly anti TT. Why would that be?

Ted Thompson has produced a Packer team that has a record of 12-20 since his arrival. That just plain sucks when you have a QB as good as Brett Favre.

The reason for this disaster can be seen through the history of injuries we suffered in 2005, and 'the fact' that we had a lousy OL then, and no real recovery since.

If you study the sack to sack ratio bet. our DL and OL we have one of the best in our favor in the NFL but alot of that has to go to the fact that Favre is still mobile out of the pocket and otherwise very hard to sack. How often he had to roll out of the pocket was dictated by the fact he was rushed alot and that means he wasn't able to concentarate on checkdowns.

We must see that result (or improved OL play) in this season or we play no better. We don't have even have the luxery of the talent and experience we had last season on offense, having lost Ahman Green (and his blocking ability and overall leadership and savvy), and the limited as it was use of David Martin and William Henderson (and his leadership).

TT has decided to put his time and the money into re-establishing strength in the lines. He has done a decent job there, but the only person he's added with any credibility is Ryan Pickett, who didn't exactly turn it on last season. He certainly took awhile to wake up to the system.

The best addition that TT has given the Packers in FA is C. Woodson and he's by far the best. Then I'll go with Pickett. Otherwise, TT has demonstrated little talent in acquiring FA's, yet people here will argue that he is an excellent talent evaluator?

UHH??

He's had a bundle of money available to him, and he brings in only two decent talents and both of these on defense. TT has done diddly to support Favre and the offensive side of the ball.

How could that be, if he's responsible to the Packers financially and as a GM with skills to evaluate talent, and to use all that, to ensure that we wern't embarassed on the scoreboard or record wise?

I don't like TT because he hasn't the skills to stand up and be counted. He has little respect for the fan and he has ignored the needs and skills of Brett Favre to enable the Packers to have any real opportunity to win.

People here will laud him with praise when any Packer fan with half a clue would have had the sense to draft an AJ Hawk; but a Justin Harrel (with his injury history) when we had to address more important needs all over the team on both sides of the ball? Come on !! That was a poor decision for our needs now and our future with the risk evident in Harrel's injury history.

He has an excellent sense in the draft people say. Yet, TT continues to supply us with a watered down product. He's not drafting as in baseball to fill a farm system, but to feed the needs of the Green Bay Packers.

That means to get the best players available per pick in that draft. Quantity will never be better than quality in the long run.

The ego of this man is overwhelming at times. He allows that our RB's are just fine, and that also speaks for our TE's. That only explains the fact he ignored our team in these areas in FA.

People here are willing to allow TT this season and the result better be impressive or they will no longer toss their support blindly behind him.

For all that is sensible do you really believe that our team will be prepared to win in 2007? Has Ted Thompson paved the way for only that result? Has he spent the CAP money wisely? Did he do all he could to attract talent to the team?

or did he act like the shifty, bad assed (cocky). lazy and cheap with the purse strings GM that I see?

How much loyality did he show to Brett Favre and to you as a Packer fan?

I certainly don't admire Ted Thompson, and I am sure I will see the day his ass is sent packing out of Green Bay?

He's a mere myth and alot of you here have created him.

Go on dreaming!!

Do we have to wake up yet? :lol: Don't even think about waking me, we're 13-3 and have a first round bye. How did your predictions work out, Chicken Little (aka, Woodbuck)? If we were 13-3 with a sucky GM, then I want some more suckiness. He may not do things the way you would, but that doesn't make him wrong, except in your book. He just does it differently. You are myopic about acquiring free agents, vs. finding young talent and developing them. FA's can work out, but I agree with the idea of picking your spots for them, not opening up the bank account for the flavor of the week, month, or year. It's not all about free agency, and I think 13-3 shows that.

Tarlam!
01-05-2008, 11:01 AM
TT has won a single game, more than he has lost.

4-12, 8-8, 13-3 to date.

If we lose next week, he'll be an even .500.

That's better than I was expecting when I started this thread...

Tony Oday
01-05-2008, 11:50 AM
Not overpaying for Rivera or Green. Getting rid of that Biatch Walker.

looks like he was right here :)

SD GB fan
01-05-2008, 12:20 PM

Moses would be jealous.

Bretsky
01-05-2008, 12:40 PM

Yes

Come back and ask when we win a title

BallHawk
01-05-2008, 12:52 PM

Moses would be jealous.

Moses would be a crappy coach. He only has 10 plays in his "playbook"

HarveyWallbangers
01-05-2008, 01:20 PM

Yes

Et tu Bretsky? You sound like packnut. At first, he was like: we are going to be 6-10. Then, he was like: if Thompson had done more, we could be a legitimate contender. He hasn't been around much since the about week 6.

The GM can only do so much. Look at the talent San Diego had last year. His only criteria for success can't be that. If he guides this team to years like this one most years, but the team falls short, it would be hard to blame him for it. I think his job is to put us in this position a lot.

Scott Campbell
01-05-2008, 01:23 PM
Agreed Harv, the GM gives the team that talent to contend. Ted's done his job - for this year anyway. The true test is if we can remain competitive over a number of years. So even a Superbowl wouldn't stamp him as the be all end all of GM's. You've got to be able to stay up there.

But I think there are still some guys holding out hope that Ted falls flat on his face.

Bretsky
01-05-2008, 01:27 PM

Yes

Et tu Bretsky? You sound like packnut. At first, he was like: we are going to be 6-10. Then, he was like: if Thompson had done more, we could be a legitimate contender. He hasn't been around much since the about week 6.

The GM can only do so much. Look at the talent San Diego had last year. His only criteria for success can't be that. If he guides this team to years like this one most years, but the team falls short, it would be hard to blame him for it. I think his job is to put us in this position a lot.

Ah stop acting so sensitive :lol: I've given TT loads upon loads of credit this season. But I won't put the royal crown on until the title shows up. Hopefully this year or next.

HarveyWallbangers
01-05-2008, 01:28 PM
Ah stop acting so sensitive :lol: I've given TT loads upon loads of credit this season. But I won't put the royal crown on until the title shows up. Hopefully this year or next.

What if Green Bay goes 13-3 the next two years, but loses to New England in the Super Bowl the next three years?

Scott Campbell
01-05-2008, 01:30 PM

What if Green Bay goes 13-3 the next two years, but loses to New England in the Super Bowl the next three years?

We'll have to rename our team the Vikings.

RashanGary
01-05-2008, 01:40 PM
But I think there are still some guys holding out hope that Ted falls flat on his face.

Some of these opinions are personal in the sense that they are a reflection of what we believe.

I don't think it's really a "I hate Ted" thing for most. I think it's a "I really don't understand how this could have happened so I'm going to assume it's luck until there is so much evidence that I can't hang on to my ego any longer" thing.

Partial
01-05-2008, 02:02 PM
ha. I never voted. And I never will.

Bretsky
01-05-2008, 03:28 PM

Then he's a guy who got us to be a very good team who couldn't get us over the top.......unless he wins one later......then he gets the crown

Bretsky
01-05-2008, 03:30 PM

Some of these opinions are personal in the sense that they are a reflection of what we believe.

I don't think it's really a "I hate Ted" thing for most. I think it's a "I really don't understand how this could have happened so I'm going to assume it's luck until there is so much evidence that I can't hang on to my ego any longer" thing.

I don't think there is much luck. Maybe a little, but most of this was a very very solid job by the GM and the coach

I get the sense that because TT had done a great job, which he has..........some think it is blasphemy or TT hate any time he is questioned about anything.

Everybody makes mistakes and anybody has the right to be question or be questioned

Scott Campbell
01-05-2008, 03:53 PM
.........some think it is blasphemy or TT hate any time he is questioned about anything.

Everybody makes mistakes and anybody has the right to be question or be questioned

I think you are right. Ted's not perfect and the team is not perfect, and there will be plenty of things for him to work on in the offseason.

However, there are a handful haters left out there who refuse to acknowledge anything positve, and just beat the Randy Moss drum over and over and over again - mostly because they're running out of material to complain about. Its tough to take those "Tank Lite" folks seriously.

The Shadow
01-05-2008, 06:39 PM
"Its tough to take those "Tank Lite" folks seriously."

Scott, the tankees have largely slunk away, haven't they?

Scott Campbell
01-05-2008, 07:06 PM
"Its tough to take those "Tank Lite" folks seriously."

Scott, the tankees have largely slunk away, haven't they?

Most. But Woodrow has an inexplicable childlike inability to admit he made a boo boo. Its his fragile ego, or as he likes to call it - false pride.

Cheesehead Craig
01-05-2008, 09:19 PM

Moses would be jealous.

Moses would be a crappy coach. He only has 10 plays in his "playbook"
What do you mean crappy? He has an unstoppable rushing attack. He simply lifts his arms and the defenders move out of the way and the RB can run up the gut all day.

BallHawk
01-05-2008, 11:09 PM
What do you mean crappy? He has an unstoppable rushing attack. He simply lifts his arms and the defenders move out of the way and the RB can run up the gut all day.

His RB has been plowing through a goddamn desert for quite some time. I doubt he could walk to the huddle, yet alone get past a front 7.