PDA

View Full Version : Get yourself a Yurt!

LL2
07-05-2007, 12:58 PM
I was watching HGTV last night and this family lived in a yurt. I told my wife we should buy a small piece of land in upper Wisconsin and put a yurt on it and we will have a nice summer cabin for a low price. Not a bad idea!

http://www.rainieryurts.com/[url]

Freak Out
07-05-2007, 01:13 PM
I'm considering getting a Yurt for a piece of property I bought some time ago and will use for skiing. I looked at a few and like the kits that this group puts together.

http://www.yurtworks.com/

mraynrand
07-05-2007, 02:47 PM
Nothing recreates the feel of the grassland steppes of central Asia like a viking stove and a king-sized bed in your Yurt, right next to a pier where your motor boat is docked. Ahh, to get away to the quiet simplicity of the yurt.

oregonpackfan
07-05-2007, 02:47 PM
A number of state parks in Oregon offer yurts to rent. They are very functional.

The amenities for yurts has a huge range. They can range from people living in them for a home, like the previous website displayed, or they can be the "bare bones" type of camping yurt.

packinpatland
07-05-2007, 03:34 PM
A number of state parks in Oregon offer yurts to rent. They are very functional.

The amenities for yurts has a huge range. They can range from people living in them for a home, like the previous website displayed, or they can be the "bare bones" type of camping yurt.

We stayed in one in a park at Cannon Beach. Was great.

LL2
07-05-2007, 03:51 PM
I like the 2 bedroom with a loft one. Throw the kids up on the loft to sleep and the parents get the bedroom. When I was a kid my parents had an A-frame cabin with a loft with a fireplace on the main floor in the middle. Even in the middle of winter that place got toasty warm inside. I can imagine a yurt would do the same.

Freak Out
07-05-2007, 05:23 PM
Nothing recreates the feel of the grassland steppes of central Asia like a viking stove and a king-sized bed in your Yurt, right next to a pier where your motor boat is docked. Ahh, to get away to the quiet simplicity of the yurt.

Don't forget the Yak milk!

oregonpackfan
07-05-2007, 06:35 PM

Packinpackland,

Cannonbeach is my favorite spot on the Oregon Coast!

packinpatland
07-05-2007, 08:14 PM

Packinpackland,

Cannonbeach is my favorite spot on the Oregon Coast!

Haystack in the mist........................ :wink: nice.

MadtownPacker
07-05-2007, 08:59 PM
So what does one of these cost?

MJZiggy
07-05-2007, 09:31 PM
A little less than Harvey's trailer...

HarveyWallbangers
07-06-2007, 12:11 AM

Actually, a lot more than Harvey's trailer.

Screw you, by the way.

the_idle_threat
07-06-2007, 01:04 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

MJZiggy
07-06-2007, 03:25 AM

Actually, a lot more than Harvey's trailer.

Screw you, by the way.

Damn. And here I thought you had one of the nice ones...

Iron Mike
07-06-2007, 05:18 AM
I think you should build your own stovewood cottage:

http://www.daycreek.com/dc/html/Edgewater.htm

Little Whiskey
07-07-2007, 09:12 AM
hey, trailers can be expensive!!!
:lol: