PDA

View Full Version : Favre Love From Unexpected Quarter

pbmax
07-05-2007, 01:18 PM
from PTF: http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

USA TODAY DISSES LORD FAVRE

So we've been paying close attention to the ongoing countdown of the top 25 NFL players of the past 25 years on the USA Today web site, and we've even decided to do our own.

Our decision was due in large part to our belief that the USA Today list, well, isn't very good. Our concern started with the inclusion of Steelers quarterback Terry Bradshaw, whose only football-related activity of note in the past quarter-century was his Hall of Fame speech.

But now we've got another major beef with the folks at USA Today. At No. 14 on their list is Packers quarterback Brett Favre.

Brett Favre? No. 14? The guy who has shattered the record for consecutive starts by a quarterback? The guy who could end up with every career passing record?

Look, we take plenty of shots at Favre, primarily because we get sick of hearing how great he is. But he is. And there's no way that Favre is only the fourteenth best pro football player of the past 25 years.
The irony here is that Florio is doing his own top 25 and I think he is naming one per position. So while he complains Favre is higher than 14th, he may not even make the list ahead of Marino/Manning/Brady.

The Leaper
07-05-2007, 03:22 PM
That USA Today list is the biggest joke I've ever seen. Robert Ferguson could be #1 the way it has gone so far.

LL2
07-05-2007, 04:25 PM
Favre should be top 5 easily! These people are placing him lower because they are tired of his retire or not every year. If Marino is up there with no SB rings then Favre should be too.

:x :x

GrnBay007
07-05-2007, 04:31 PM
Favre should be top 5 easily! These people are placing him lower because they are tired of his retire or not every year.

:x :x

I have a feeling from here on out Favre is not going to be shown the "love" from all these idiots until after he retires.....then they will shower him with adoration.

I agree, top 5 easily!

Brando19
07-05-2007, 05:07 PM
http://packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=7115

Once again, I've already posted this.

pbmax
07-05-2007, 08:13 PM
Sorry Brando, I searched around as I haven't been on for a while, but I must have missed it.

LL2
07-05-2007, 11:37 PM
http://packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=7115

Once again, I've already posted this.

Oh, just go with the flow and post some more. I don't get a chance to read all the threads so it doesn't hurt to post things more than once. The guys in the graily thread do it all the time.

GrnBay007
07-05-2007, 11:50 PM
it doesn't hurt to post things more than once. The guys in the graily thread do it all the time.

Yeah, but they are pervs! :P

Bretsky
07-06-2007, 12:03 AM
it doesn't hurt to post things more than once. The guys in the graily thread do it all the time.

No, we are guys. Actually we are the best kind....we are not the ones that deny our inner feelings. We are honest. :wink: :wink:

GrnBay007
07-06-2007, 12:08 AM

we are the best kind....we are not the ones that deny our inner feelings. We are honest. :wink: :wink:

That's what I said.....pervs :P :wink: 8-)

mngolf19
07-06-2007, 12:40 PM

we are the best kind....we are not the ones that deny our inner feelings. We are honest. :wink: :wink:

That's what I said.....pervs :P :wink: 8-)

Did someone call my name? :wink: