PDA

View Full Version : Borat

RashanGary
07-06-2007, 08:23 AM
I recently watched Borat. It is the funniest movie ever.

I kept saying "do those people know what's going on? (the people he was messing with in the movie)"

Then I read the back of the movie and they said it was all real life and unstaged.

His main joke was predending to be a foreign pedophile, gay man or rapist but man, it just never got old. I don't think I stopped laughing except to control it so I wouldn't miss the next joke.

Harlan Huckleby
07-06-2007, 08:42 AM
Remember the scene when Bush was in Alabania and he was being mobbed by fans, shaking hands, high-fiving people? Someboy mentioned they thought they were watching "Borat".

Never mind, you would have had to be there. But it was sort of a Khazakstan scene.

BallHawk
07-06-2007, 09:09 AM
Remember the scene when Bush was in Alabania and he was being mobbed by fans, shaking hands, high-fiving people? Someboy mentioned they thought they were watching "Borat".

Never mind, you would have had to be there. But it was sort of a Khazakstan scene.

I had the exact same thought when I was watching that, too. :wink: :D

GBRulz
07-06-2007, 11:00 AM
I can't help it, when I think of Borat, this pic comes to mind!

http://www.tonyspencer.com/mt/archives/borat.jpg

I want to watch it again though as I have it on my iPod and watched it when I flew out to Utah a few months ago. I kept dozing on and off and missed a few parts. Hilarious movie though.

RashanGary
06-04-2009, 07:58 PM
I'm thinking about watching Borat again, but I want to make sure I'm with someone who's never seen it to amplify the experience. That movie was so good. I feel like if I just watch it over and over that it will rob me of life's full experience.

SkinBasket
06-04-2009, 08:45 PM
I can't help it, when I think of Borat, this pic comes to mind!

Now you've done it you trouble maker.

Scott Campbell
06-04-2009, 11:01 PM
I laughed so hard during the wrestling scene in the hotel room that I had to stop the movie and leave to compose myself. I kept thinking that the short guy was Harlan.

RashanGary
06-05-2009, 07:06 AM
I never thought about how bad he was making people look the whole time. I know how closed minded and sheltered people are. I see it in older family members. I hear it in callers on conservative radio. I see it in posters here, the high and mighty attitude that is built with no attempt to walk in someone else's shoes.

You know what you find though, this ignorance is hidden a little. The people who feel this way almost never say it out loud in public and NEVER around a minority. They save it for the people they feel comfortable around.

If you're one of those people, you probably felt exposed. I think that was a big part in why some people hated the movie. It brought that hidden ignorance-based mean spirit to the surface. They're good people. They don't know how shallow their thinking is. It just is. I will never hate a racist. I'll never hate a person who thinks he's got it all figured out, that he can judge others. I just know how much depth their opinion lacks so it's just an opinion I disagree with.

It always bothered me in school when they made racists seem evil. I used to argue that the people who hated the other race thought they were doing the right thing. One of my teachers called me hitler or something but I don't think those are evil people. They are stupid people that do evil things on accident.

Harlan Huckleby
06-05-2009, 07:22 AM
looking at that picture of Borat, I realize that men have their own version of the camel toe. I'm disgusted for having noticed.

Scott Campbell
06-05-2009, 09:16 AM
looking at that picture of Borat, I realize that men have their own version of the camel toe. I'm disgusted, yet strangely aroused for having noticed.

Fixed.

GrnBay007
06-05-2009, 11:05 AM
LOL he got you good that time HH.

Harlan Huckleby
06-05-2009, 12:07 PM
like a homerun in tee-ball.

Fritz
06-06-2009, 11:45 AM
As Cohen himself acknowledges, the problem with the character is that once Borat became famous, you can't really duplicate it because most everyone is in on the joke. I think Stephen Colbert is starting to have that same problem. It was more fun when the people he interviewed had no idea he was doing a send-up.