PDA

View Full Version : Three weeks from tomorrow. . . .

RashanGary
07-06-2007, 10:38 AM
Is the first Training Camp practice.

I'm going to try to be there the first two days (Saterday and Sunday). I'm going to try to get to 5 - 7 total.

I'm thinking about focusing on the interior O-line and D-line. I'll report who beats who in one on one's, I'll report who disrupts runs or passes in 11 on 11's. I'll report which O-lineman is getting beat most consistantly. I'll report which D-lineman seem to be getting beaten consistantly.

It's just too hard to get a good read for the whole team without taping the practices and focusing seperately on each area. I could just sparatically view all areas of the team but I don't think the sample is big enough to really make judgements. Because I have to sort of zone in on one group, I'm choosing the interior lines becuase I think the O-line is going to be the group that makes or breaks the offense and I also want to see how Harrell looks compared to the other good DT's we have. It's easy to judge a player when you can directly compare him to other NFL guys that you know are good. For example, last year I saw that Jennings compared favorably to Driver and I thought early in the off season that he would be good. If Harrell compares favorably to Williams and Picket it will be a similar sign.

I also noticed that Kampman was beating Tausch quite a bit last year. I didn't really mention it on here becuase I didn't know if my eyes were decieving me. I sort of assumed I was just catching Tauscher on bad days. Turns out Kamp was a probowler and it was early signs of thigns to come.

With that in mind, I'm going to do my best just to report what I see instead of reporting what I think I should be seeing or what I want to see. Anyway, this is what is coming up. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm open to making some adjustments. I think it would be cool if someone here goes and focuses on QB's/WR's. We could dump our info to an editor here and they could put it all together for a pretty thorough camp review.

GBRulz
07-06-2007, 10:46 AM
I will try to get to a few, but I hate the crowds associated with training camp. Freaken tourists... don't they know that I want that view of Brett all to myself? :hrt:

I would def try to catch this practice though, July 31 at the old city stadium.

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070706/GPG0101/707060590/1989

Tarlam!
07-06-2007, 11:01 AM
While I look forward to the reports from you fellow Rats, I can't hide my utter jealousy for not being able to do the same!

Damnit! Damnit! Damnit! :beat:

wist43
07-06-2007, 11:11 AM
Training camp will never get here b/c global warming will be here two days b/4 the day after tomorrow.

So there.

Zool
07-06-2007, 11:14 AM
Training camp will never get here b/c global warming will be here two days b/4 the day after tomorrow.

So there.Global warming starts today? I didnt know it was scheduled.

wist43
07-06-2007, 11:29 AM

Does no one read their memo's anymore??? Of course it starts two days b/4 the day after tomorrow!!! Dah!!!

Got the straight scoop from Randy Marsh himself...

Tarlam!
07-06-2007, 11:31 AM

Does no one read their memo's anymore??? Of course it starts two days b/4 the day after tomorrow!!! Dah!!!

Al Gore's memo was very clear on this. It might be inconvenient, but it is true.

The Leaper
07-06-2007, 12:29 PM
Global warming starts today? I didnt know it was scheduled.

It was listed on the same schedule as that NFL Rookie function that Jackson had to attend instead of mini-camp.

Bretsky
07-06-2007, 05:10 PM
Is the first Training Camp practice.

I'm going to try to be there the first two days (Saterday and Sunday). I'm going to try to get to 5 - 7 total.

I'm thinking about focusing on the interior O-line and D-line. I'll report who beats who in one on one's, I'll report who disrupts runs or passes in 11 on 11's. I'll report which O-lineman is getting beat most consistantly. I'll report which D-lineman seem to be getting beaten consistantly.

It's just too hard to get a good read for the whole team without taping the practices and focusing seperately on each area. I could just sparatically view all areas of the team but I don't think the sample is big enough to really make judgements. Because I have to sort of zone in on one group, I'm choosing the interior lines becuase I think the O-line is going to be the group that makes or breaks the offense and I also want to see how Harrell looks compared to the other good DT's we have. It's easy to judge a player when you can directly compare him to other NFL guys that you know are good. For example, last year I saw that Jennings compared favorably to Driver and I thought early in the off season that he would be good. If Harrell compares favorably to Williams and Picket it will be a similar sign.

I also noticed that Kampman was beating Tausch quite a bit last year. I didn't really mention it on here becuase I didn't know if my eyes were decieving me. I sort of assumed I was just catching Tauscher on bad days. Turns out Kamp was a probowler and it was early signs of thigns to come.

With that in mind, I'm going to do my best just to report what I see instead of reporting what I think I should be seeing or what I want to see. Anyway, this is what is coming up. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm open to making some adjustments. I think it would be cool if someone here goes and focuses on QB's/WR's. We could dump our info to an editor here and they could put it all together for a pretty thorough camp review.

Post a reminder a week before you are going; it would be cool to meet. You can wear a TT shirt and I'll wear a turtle shirt so we are easy to recognize :lol:

Freak Out
07-06-2007, 05:23 PM
The RBs and the PKs are the two battles I am most interested in. Wish I could be there..... :(

Travbrew
07-07-2007, 07:26 PM

Great South Park reference. That one made me laugh pretty hard. Remember...only fart occasionally.