PDA

View Full Version : Can We Wait Until The Pads Are On, Before We Start Ripping?

son of a vic
04-30-2006, 02:03 PM
Paid N.F.L. scouts know a heck of a lot more about college football players, than any of us could ever dream of. They study and prepare for the draft every day of the year. So when I hear fans calling a pick "a reach", I have to laugh.
Common sense should entail giving every draft pick an opportunity to be a professional football player. Rankings and mock drafts give us all a false impression of who, and when they SHOULD be drafted.

Submerse yourself in an iron lung full of the KOOLEST OF AID, and hope for these new players to pan out. Whether highly thought of superstars, or a late round "reach."
[/b]

Guiness
04-30-2006, 02:05 PM
holy sweet motherfucker.

Welcome abord SOV. I was just wondering about you the other day. Really.

So, what finally brought you here? The steller discussions on the JSO draft thread?

MadtownPacker
04-30-2006, 02:10 PM
SOV?? Hell yeah!!

I like this draft, TT is playing it like a hand of Texasholdem! The future of the Packers is in good hands.

son of a vic
04-30-2006, 02:14 PM
I spend a lot of time at home trying to communicate with my three children, I had nothing left in the tank to converse with those zit-poppin' twits over there.

Bretsky
04-30-2006, 02:16 PM
I spend a lot of time at home trying to communicate with my three children, I had nothing left in the tank to converse with those zit-poppin' twits over there.

Welcome to packerrats; it's about time and hope to see ya in here consistently

Deputy Nutz
04-30-2006, 02:17 PM
I am pretty much in agreement with ya Vic, but I just think some of these picks are a bit of reach, where they could be taken in lesser rounds or even as free agents.

RashanGary
04-30-2006, 02:24 PM
Great post Vic.....I agree.

GrnBay007
04-30-2006, 02:25 PM
Positive words.....hope for the new season from son of a vic!!! wooohooo Welcome aboard Vic!! Good to see you here.

son of a vic
04-30-2006, 02:26 PM

Welcome to packerrats; it's about time and hope to see ya in here consistently

I'm sure there are some who are not on the welcome wagon to greet me with open arms. I appreciate the opportunity to converse with high school graduates, who have jobs that don't require wearing a hair net.

MadtownPacker
04-30-2006, 02:26 PM
I am pretty much in agreement with ya Vic, but I just think some of these picks are a bit of reach, where they could be taken in lesser rounds or even as free agents.
I bet you said the same about Collins last year!

son of a vic
04-30-2006, 02:30 PM
Positive words.....hope for the new season from son of a vic!!! wooohooo Welcome aboard Vic!! Good to see you here.

I don't recall this much love coming my way in the past, so I'm somewhat skeptical as to the change of heart. Did I win the lottery,and my wife didn't tell me?

GrnBay007
04-30-2006, 02:37 PM
I don't recall this much love coming my way in the past, so I'm somewhat skeptical as to the change of heart. Did I win the lottery,and my wife didn't tell me?

Well, to be honest this is the first time I didn't see you doggin the Packer lovers! New season.....New Vic?? :razz:

Homer Jay
04-30-2006, 02:40 PM
Hey SOV. I still go JSO because I enjoy the Brewers, Badgers and Bucks discussions and so far you can still find more posters for those subjects there. I'm sure you will find that while people may disagree here, the arguments are usually much more civilized. Very little "idiot" and "moron" comments. I like it here, and I have posted enough to lose my virgin rat ranking. If you thought the 40 year old virgin was bad, how do you suppose a 50 y/o feels about being called a virgin?

GrnBay007
04-30-2006, 02:45 PM
If you thought the 40 year old virgin was bad, how do you suppose a 50 y/o feels about being called a virgin?

I can relate to born again virgin,,,,,,,but virgin? :shock: lol

Homer Jay
04-30-2006, 02:48 PM
If you thought the 40 year old virgin was bad, how do you suppose a 50 y/o feels about being called a virgin?

I can relate to born again virgin,,,,,,,but virgin? :shock: lol

I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

GrnBay007
04-30-2006, 02:49 PM
LOL :razz:

Tarlam!
04-30-2006, 02:58 PM
.... Very little "idiot" and "moron".. comments. I like it here...

You idiot! What kind of moronic statement was this?? :shock:

Sorry, pack4ever, you literally begged for me to do that! :twisted:

Anyways, hi SOV, whenever we would reminisce about posters that we missed, some dork always said he missed you. :smile:

WELCOME, hope you'll enjoy being a rat!

swede
04-30-2006, 04:33 PM
Dear Mr. SOV,

A cordial welcome to Packerrats.com.

Please note the Romper Room is available for Off Topic posts and commentary on life and living. We think you'll find that our Green Bay Packer forum is filled with some of the most insightful thinking and useful information available on the web.

The white zone is for loading and unloading only. And if you mess with Madtown he will kill you.

We hope you enjoy your time with us.

Swede

Rastak
04-30-2006, 04:34 PM
Paid N.F.L. scouts know a heck of a lot more about college football players, than any of us could ever dream of. They study and prepare for the draft every day of the year. So when I hear fans calling a pick "a reach", I have to laugh.
Common sense should entail giving every draft pick an opportunity to be a professional football player. Rankings and mock drafts give us all a false impression of who, and when they SHOULD be drafted.

Submerse yourself in an iron lung full of the KOOLEST OF AID, and hope for these new players to pan out. Whether highly thought of superstars, or a late round "reach."
[/b]

Hey SOV, greets....glad to see you here....always enjoyed your sense of humor....the Nascar bookmobile was classic.....see ya around.

Scott Campbell
04-30-2006, 04:38 PM
Good Lord, what have I done?

Rastak
04-30-2006, 04:39 PM
Good Lord, what have I done?

Humanity a great service Scott.

Scott Campbell
04-30-2006, 04:41 PM
Just kidd'n Vic.......glad to see you here. You seem a lot more positive since Sherman got run out of town.

son of a vic
04-30-2006, 06:46 PM
Just kidd'n Vic.......glad to see you here. You seem a lot more positive since Sherman got run out of town.

He should have been let go a year earlier, so as to re-energize the organization from the top down. Even though I have no proof to back it up, I just think we're finally headed in the right direction, under Thompson.

MJZiggy
04-30-2006, 06:49 PM
I love it when former negativists come around. It's like the happy ending at the end of a good flick.

son of a vic
04-30-2006, 06:59 PM
I love it when former negativists come around. It's like the happy ending at the end of a good flick.

I don't think being blunt and honest is considered negative. I just told it as I saw it, and if need be, I'll do it again this year if McCarthy and Co. drop the ball.

GBRulz
04-30-2006, 07:02 PM
welcome SOV, now learn how to use the quote function properly. I've seen high school kids with hair net jobs who even know how to do that. :wink:

son of a vic
04-30-2006, 07:17 PM
welcome SOV, now learn how to use the quote function properly. I've seen high school kids with hair net jobs who even know how to do that.

I've never claimed to be a whiz on the computer, I do however, know football. Pretty much the polar opposite of you!

Thanks for finding something to bitch at me about, now I feel at home.

Bretsky
04-30-2006, 07:17 PM
welcome SOV, now learn how to use the quote function properly. I've seen high school kids with hair net jobs who even know how to do that. :wink:

There is that mean girl humor again :wink:

MJZiggy
04-30-2006, 07:18 PM

I don't think being blunt and honest is considered negative. I just told it as I saw it, and if need be, I'll do it again this year if McCarthy and Co. drop the ball.

But I believe I remember a lot of "years before we can compete again" comments that seem to be erroneous (or was that Wist that made all those?)

son of a vic
04-30-2006, 07:21 PM
But I believe I remember a lot of "years before we can compete again" comments that seem to be erroneous (or was that Wist that made all those?)

That must have been someone else, I didn't predict anything beyond Sherman.

Joemailman
04-30-2006, 07:21 PM

If you missed Day 1 of the draft because you had to go to a wedding, you'd be in a mean mood too. :mrgreen:

GBRulz
04-30-2006, 07:25 PM
I challenge you to tight end knowledge anytime SOV! :wink:

and B, I think he knows that I was just kidding with the hair net comment as it was something he said in an earlier post. Then again, he doesn't know computers so maybe he doesn't know :wink: is wink.

Besides, me welcoming SOV here with open arms is as odd as him coming in here NOT being negative. I guess stranger things have happened :mrgreen:

Guiness
04-30-2006, 07:26 PM

That must have been someone else, I didn't predict anything beyond Sherman.

SOV - you almost got the quote right that time. You just have to put a at the end of the quoted text.

Ya, you're reasonably welcome. We've got our negativist in Wist, village idiot in Tank. But Nutz has settled down a little, so we don't have a cursing, swearing, homophobic, so-called realist likely to go postal guy. :razz:

GBRulz
04-30-2006, 07:27 PM

If you missed Day 1 of the draft because you had to go to a wedding, you'd be in a mean mood too. :mrgreen:

At least I caught the first round! But missed the ceremony...ah who goes to those anyhow, LOL

son of a vic
04-30-2006, 07:34 PM
"GBMichele" pain in my ass"]I challenge you to tight end knowledge anytime SOV! :wink:

and B, I think he knows that I was just kidding with the hair net comment as it was something he said in an earlier post. Then again, he doesn't know computers so maybe he doesn't know :wink: is wink. "rhymes with something I never get."

Besides, me welcoming SOV here with open arms is as odd as him coming in here NOT being negative. I guess stranger things have happened :mrgreen:pain in my ass"

Oh did I mess up again!

GBRulz
04-30-2006, 07:37 PM
"GBMichele" pain in my ass"]I challenge you to tight end knowledge anytime SOV! :wink:

and B, I think he knows that I was just kidding with the hair net comment as it was something he said in an earlier post. Then again, he doesn't know computers so maybe he doesn't know :wink: is wink. "rhymes with something I never get."

Besides, me welcoming SOV here with open arms is as odd as him coming in here NOT being negative. I guess stranger things have happened :mrgreen:pain in my ass"

Oh did I mess up again!

see that little button on the far right side that says "QUOTE" ?? Hint: It's not just for decoration purposes.

Rastak
04-30-2006, 07:58 PM
Dammit, don't chase off SOV, he's a fine addition to the forum..... :wink:

MadtownPacker
04-30-2006, 08:45 PM

Umm actually SOV was doing it right. BBCode (the forums substitute for HTML) was disabled in his profile.

SOV - You will able to use all the MESSAGE BODY features now. You also have the smileys disabled so let me know if you want those on too.

b bulldog
04-30-2006, 08:48 PM
I must admit that Hawk, Barnett and Hodge has me salivating and it's only May.

MJZiggy
04-30-2006, 09:27 PM
But I thought we were gonna SUCK until at least 2010!? What happened?

Murphy37
04-30-2006, 09:36 PM
VICTOR! Great to have ya. For a while this place was too lovey dovey, with everyone getting along and sharing the same opinions. Now we got some diversity around here which makes the discussions alot more lively. Make yourself comfy my brotha, and let the kool aid body shots off of your navel begin.

GrnBay007
04-30-2006, 11:24 PM
VICTOR! Great to have ya. For a while this place was too lovey dovey, with everyone getting along and sharing the same opinions.

Yes, Green Bay's version of the Love Boat!! :razz:

GrnBay007
04-30-2006, 11:26 PM
Dear Mr. SOV,

Please note the Romper Room is available for Off Topic posts and commentary on life and living. We think you'll find that our Green Bay Packer forum is filled with some of the most insightful thinking and useful information available on the web.

The white zone is for loading and unloading only. And if you mess with Madtown he will kill you.

Swede

And Swede as the Captain of the Love Boat!

GrnBay007
04-30-2006, 11:31 PM
Bulldog only thinks Favre will suck. :wink:

Now if we only had that nice little Brady boy as QB. :wink:

haa haa

Joemailman
04-30-2006, 11:33 PM
But I thought we were gonna SUCK until at least 2010!? What happened?

Bulldog only thinks Favre will suck. :wink:

jack's smirking revenge
05-01-2006, 10:52 PM
Dear Mr. SOV,

Swede

Ditto what swede said oh so very eloquently. Welcome vic! Glad to see you migrated over here.

tyler