PDA

View Full Version : Nov 18th Panther game, Coming to Lambeau

hurleyfan
07-07-2007, 05:18 PM
Folks,
I haven't been able to post very often lately, been real busy at work. I seem to remember talk of a Packer Rat "game", but don't know for sure if it has come to reality..

The good news, my wife has surprised me with 4 tickets to the Nov 18th Carlina Panther game!! Taking me for my 50th birthday, and my dad for his 80th!

This will be by second trip to Lambeau, and need some help / tips / ideas for places to stay, and see.

Would love to get a hotel close to Lambeau so I want to start working on it now.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!! :D

GrnBay007
07-07-2007, 05:31 PM
What a great B-Day present Hurley!!

The PR posters game is Oct. 7th against the Bears.

I just sent a list of hotels to you in PM that GBM made up for us complete with phone numbers. Hope you find something.

hurleyfan
07-07-2007, 05:36 PM
Thanks GB007!

I'll take a look and let you know..

Any other "Rats" going to the Panther game?

Rastak
07-07-2007, 06:07 PM
Folks,
I haven't been able to post very often lately, been real busy at work. I seem to remember talk of a Packer Rat "game", but don't know for sure if it has come to reality..

The good news, my wife has surprised me with 4 tickets to the Nov 18th Carlina Panther game!! Taking me for my 50th birthday, and my dad for his 80th!

This will be by second trip to Lambeau, and need some help / tips / ideas for places to stay, and see.

Would love to get a hotel close to Lambeau so I want to start working on it now.

Wow, that's pretty cool. I hope you have a great time. GBRulz will get you setup I'm sure.

hurleyfan
07-07-2007, 06:28 PM
Folks,

Wow, that's pretty cool. I hope you have a great time. GBRulz will get you setup I'm sure.

Thanks Ras
GB 007 has a nice jump on the Hotel listing!

hurleyfan
11-13-2007, 08:08 PM
Allrighty then!! Another few days and I'll be in Green Bay!!

Landing Friday afternoon @4:15... Will head over to the Hotel and check in, then out we go!

Any suggestions for a Friday night "casual" eats? Favre's steakhouse prolly all jammed up!

Are there tours of Lambeau on Saturday? That would be great to see! If no tours, is the Atrium open?

Want to do the Packer HOF too!

What time do the gates open on Sunday? Get a little tailgating in!!

MadtownPacker
11-13-2007, 08:19 PM
I know Tarlam, PIPL, OPF, and Roberto went to the tour on Saturday. I think they said it was at noon. They also ate at Favre's Steakhouse. We met up with them there. It was a nice place.

packinpatland
11-13-2007, 09:07 PM
I remember it like it was yesterday...........................
despite the loss...........what a great time we all had!
Hoping you have a fabulous time Hurleyfan!

gbpackfan
11-13-2007, 09:12 PM
Wow, what a cool present! Your going to love it! Packer fans are in a frenzy. Best atmosphere in years!

MJZiggy
11-13-2007, 09:24 PM
If you haven't booked your hotel yet, I loved the Ramada, clean quiet comfortable (especially if you like big, thick pillows) and has a complimentary breakfast and a bar with 2-for-1 drinks.

The tour (Roberto?? I'm truly afraid to ask...) runs every half hour. When you buy your tickets they will tell you what time you meet to take the tour, but there's plenty to do there while you wait. The Hall of Fame is right downstairs and if you go down and come up for your tour, you can go back. And Curly's has good (although evidently fake) booyah.

Iron Mike
11-13-2007, 10:37 PM
And Curly's has good (although evidently fake) booyah.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=507097

It can get kind of pretentious up in NEW--I know the Belgians in my family insisted on putting ox tails in the booyah. :)

hurleyfan
11-14-2007, 11:23 AM
If you haven't booked your hotel yet, I loved the Ramada, clean quiet comfortable (especially if you like big, thick pillows) and has a complimentary breakfast and a bar with 2-for-1 drinks.

The tour (Roberto?? I'm truly afraid to ask...) runs every half hour. When you buy your tickets they will tell you what time you meet to take the tour, but there's plenty to do there while you wait. The Hall of Fame is right downstairs and if you go down and come up for your tour, you can go back. And Curly's has good (although evidently fake) booyah.

Staying at the Sleep Inn & Suites by the airport (dad had some inside help!!)

Lookig forward to the whole weekend, and hopefully can get into the parking lot for some tailgating... Walking around just to absorb it all!

hurleyfan
11-20-2007, 04:35 PM
Well, finally back home, and other than the delays getting into NYC the trip was great!

Was able to take the Lambeau tour on Saturday morning.. We started in the Atrium, and finished in the South endzone. Got to sit in my seat to get an idea of my view, and had some nice pics taken. Walking in, and touching the grass in Lambeau filled my dad's eyes with tears as he completed a life-long wish...

MAN is that atrium ever a nice addition!! Outstanding! The place was really hopping on Sunday morning.. The band playing was pretty decent, same every home game??

Walked through the pro shop and Curly's, then decided to hit Favre's Steakhouse for a late lunch/early dinner. Food was pretty good, prices not so good. The mural on the wall of his 3 MVP's was pretty awesome.

Sunday morning we took a cab to the game (couldn't get into the stadium and didn't line up a "party" @one of the local joints) and didn't want my folks to have to walk too far after not knowing where we could park. As expected, the place was electric! Amazing energy 2 hours before the game!

Got to see a great game and enjoy some of the party at Krolls waiting for a ride back to the Hotel! They were jammin' over there too!

I tell any football fan I know, to see an amazing experience, you have to get to a Packer game in Lambeau... and get there a day or so in advance to trully get the whole experience. My wife said she's never seen so much team spirit in her life! Everywhere you looked or went, Green & Gold colors!

Drove over the Fuzzy's on Monday (not the same OLD place he used to be!) and Fuzzy was as curtious as he could be! Sitting there drinking his coffee, took the time to have a few pics taken, signed my dads hat, and wished us well..

Hope I can get there again in the not too distant future. Maybe catch the next "rat" game..

MadtownPacker
11-20-2007, 08:07 PM
Glad you had a great time man and seeing a win is even better. Thats hella cool how you got to go with your Pops for the first time ever.

Since you came from NY I KNOW you tripped out at how friendly the whole town is, right?

MJZiggy
11-20-2007, 09:41 PM
You've never heard that about midwesterners? Wisconsin people in particular? You have to be friendly cause you never know who your gonna have to cuddle up with to keep from freezing your ass off... :shock: