PDA

View Full Version : Woodson - Erie Stuff

Tarlam!
04-30-2006, 02:47 PM
One of our newest forum members posted a question (I believe in the Draft Thread), but that's 110 pages long, so I won't sift through and find it.

Anyways, he asked why our blue chip signing is not shown on the Packers.Com team page.

Now, check that page and they have added ALL rookies. But, our Mr Woodson is missing completely.

In fact, I tried to find a press release or a news item - Z-I-P-P-O. Not a word. There's a press release about Kenderick Allen and his bio, uni numer et al.

I looked under "Transactions". Again. NUTHIN!

They are feverishly assigning our rookies numbers and adding up to the minute bios.

Where's Charles Woodon?

MadtownPacker
04-30-2006, 02:57 PM
One of our newest forum members posted a question (I believe in the Draft Thread), but that's 110 pages long, so I won't sift through and find it.

Anyways, he asked why our blue chip signing is not shown on the Packers.Com team page.

Now, check that page and they have added ALL rookies. But, our Mr Woodson is missing completely.

In fact, I tried to find a press release or a news item - Z-I-P-P-O. Not a word. There's a press release about Kenderick Allen and his bio, uni numer et al.

They are feverishly assigning our rookies numbers and adding up to the minute bios.

Where's Charles Woodon?Packers.com always seems to to be kinda behind track compared to other Packers news sites. Plus they never even touched the walkers mess. Too bad they would have had the best seat.

Fosco33
04-30-2006, 04:34 PM
It's not on nfl.com either. I think it's b/c he just reached terms but hasn't signed... from packersnews:

Terms of the contract weren’t immediately available, but ESPN.com reported it’s a seven-year deal that could be worth as much as $52 million. It will pay Woodson $10.5 million in the first year of the deal and $18 million over the first three years. However, until the contract is turned in to the NFL Players Association, it won’t be known exactly how the deal breaks down.

General Manager Ted Thompson wouldn’t confirm the signing on Wednesday evening presumably because the signed contract had not yet been received by the league.

OS PA
04-30-2006, 04:37 PM
Coming to an agreement, does that mean he can come to an agreement with another team? Or is he inked and just not yet processed?

MJZiggy
04-30-2006, 05:34 PM

Where's Charles Woodon?Packers.com always seems to to be kinda behind track compared to other Packers news sites. Plus they never even touched the walkers mess. Too bad they would have had the best seat.

Packers.com as a policy does not get into money issues. They will release that a player has been acquired, but do not release the dollar amounts involved. I don't know why the Woodson deal is not there. It should have made it through the league office by now and be official.

Tarlam!
05-01-2006, 05:07 AM
Here's the explaination from JSO:

Welcome aboard: Although Packers general manager Ted Thompson said he had yet to see the requisite paperwork that would necessitate the Packers' official acknowledgement that Charles Woodson has indeed signed with the club, he did make his first public comments on the former Heisman Trophy winner.

"I think he's a professional football player," Thompson said of Woodson, who agreed to a seven-year, $52 million deal Wednesday. "He's very athletic, he has wonderful lower-body flexibility which enables him to stay in his pedal longer than most. He knows how to play the game."

Even though Woodson was projected as a possible safety, Thompson indicated that his primary role in Green Bay would be as a cornerback.

"He has played some safety but we anticipate him being primarily a corner," he said. "They've worked him in the slot. But he's a good football player and he thinks he's a good player, which is a good thing in my opinion."

Thompson also indicated that McCarthy would have the final say in whether Woodson will see any action on offense or special teams.

"He'd like to be involved, as you guys probably have heard, on the offensive side, maybe doing a little returning," Thompson said. "He was that way at Michigan and that will be between him and Coach McCarthy what his role is going to be. But I know we're looking forward to him being in our defensive backfield."