PDA

View Full Version : NFL Network *updated* Packer related shows

GBRulz
07-09-2007, 12:56 PM
I thought some of you might be interested in this. The NFL Network will be rebroadcasting the famous "Oakland MNF" game, this Thursday at 8:00 p.m. EST.

Figures, I'm in LaCrosse this week and my hotel doesn't have the NFL network.

8 p.m. -- Classic Games
Green Bay Packers v. Oakland Raiders (12/22/2003) - Playing with a heavy heart following the death of his father Irvin, Brett Favre completed 22 of 30 passes for 399 yards and four touchdowns as the Packers dominated the Raiders 41-7 on Monday Night Football. Favre set a Packers record recording a 154.9 quarterback rating in the victory.[/i]

MJZiggy
07-09-2007, 01:02 PM
PHENOMENAL!!!! Thanks for posting that bit.

Freak Out
07-09-2007, 01:05 PM
I watched the game from a hotel in Napa so will have to record it this time around.

pittstang5
07-09-2007, 01:38 PM
OMG! WOW! YES!

This is great news. Made my freakin day!

The Leaper
07-09-2007, 02:49 PM
Easily one of Favre's top 5 single game performances during his career and a compelling storyline to boot.

Long live Favre.

mraynrand
07-09-2007, 03:12 PM
GB rulz,

Aren't you the guru of video archiving? I'm upgrading my computer - actually, I'm building a new computer and I want some advice on hat to get to archive all my VHS tapes. I have most (with a few missing) games from 1994 to present. I'm going to archive them on DVD and then eventually sell them at cost (DVD shipping) to whomever wants them. I'll start a thread in Romper Room. I want some input and then you guys can have access to a lot of games....

Tarlam!
07-09-2007, 03:18 PM
399 is soooo much more chique than 400.5 yards of you ask me.

Another case of less is more.

Bwhahahaahhahaahah.

:?:

J-Rok
07-09-2007, 05:57 PM
Yet another reminder of why I need to get NFL Network.

mraynrand
07-10-2007, 10:05 PM
Someone should start another thread on this same topic so that no one misses this broadcast.

GBRulz
07-15-2007, 06:47 PM
This game was on again yesterday. I see it's on tonight again at 8pm EST for those that may have missed it.

Be sure to check NFL networks upcoming schedule...some good stuff coming up.

MONDAY JULY 16

7:30 a.m. -- Film Session
1967 NFL Championship Game: Dallas Cowboys vs, Green Bay Packers - Revisit the coldest game in NFL history, with Bart Starr's one-yard plunge providing the finishing touch on one of the most dramatic games ever played.

TUESDAY JULY 17

4:30 p.m. -- Game of the Week
1983 DET vs. GB - Explores the depths of the massive NFL Films archive to chronicle the history of the NFL and the game of football. Details the history and rivalry of teams matching up that Sunday.

9:30 p.m. -- Film Session
Year In Review: 1996 - This year-in-review focuses on the 1996 season, the best plays, biggest upsets and highest drama. The ultimate goal: a trip to New Orleans and Super Bowl XXXI.

3 p.m. -- Film Session
1993 NFC Wildcard Game: Green Bay Packers vs. Detroit Lions - Packers quarterback Brett Favre tossed a game winning, 40-yard touchdown pass to receiver Sterling Sharpe with just under one minute remaining in regulation to lift Green Bay to a 28-24 victory over the Detroit Lions. This marked the first playoff victory for the Packers in 11 years.

Link to schedule:
http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/schedule

Jimx29
07-15-2007, 07:43 PM
Begging yet again for someone to record and upload this :D

KYPack
07-15-2007, 08:45 PM
GBRulz Rules!

Thanks for the URL for NFL Network.

The listings on my system suck.

I'm watchin' the game now & I still get chocked up from time to time.

Man, I'm gonna miss the Gunslinger.

Packers4Ever
07-15-2007, 11:11 PM
GBRulz Rules!

Thanks for the URL for NFL Network.

The listings on my system suck.

I'm watchin' the game now & I still get chocked up from time to time.

Man, I'm gonna miss the Gunslinger.

Me too, KYP, because no matter WHO they bring in to

replace him, it will never be the same. I never, ever

thought I'd see the day when a team and a sports

figure (or 3 or 4) took up this much of my time and interest.

My husband never thought he'd see it either, LOL.....

gbgary
07-16-2007, 07:40 PM
i tivo'd the greenbay detroit game today and am watching it now. naturally the the big play at the end of the game sticks out in your mind but i forgot about all the other great plays there were in that game.