PDA

View Full Version : Barbre Signed

J-Rok
07-09-2007, 05:40 PM
I don't think this has been posted. I just saw it on Packers.com.

The Green Bay Packers signed guard Allen Barbre, the team's fifth of 11 draft selections to sign with the club. Ted Thompson, Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations, announced the signing Monday.

Barbre (BAR-ber), a 6-foot-4, 300-pound player from Missouri Southern State, was selected in the fourth round (119th overall) of the 2007 NFL Draft.

A consensus Division II All-America first-team selection in 2006, Barbre started 36 of 38 career games. He was a first-team All-Mid America Intercollegiate Athletic Association honoree in 2005 and 2006.

http://www.packers.com/news/releases/2007/07/09/2/

Get them signed, TT.

Rastak
07-09-2007, 06:20 PM
I don't think this has been posted. I just saw it on Packers.com.

The Green Bay Packers signed guard Allen Barbre, the team's fifth of 11 draft selections to sign with the club. Ted Thompson, Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations, announced the signing Monday.

Barbre (BAR-ber), a 6-foot-4, 300-pound player from Missouri Southern State, was selected in the fourth round (119th overall) of the 2007 NFL Draft.

A consensus Division II All-America first-team selection in 2006, Barbre started 36 of 38 career games. He was a first-team All-Mid America Intercollegiate Athletic Association honoree in 2005 and 2006.

http://www.packers.com/news/releases/2007/07/09/2/

Get them signed, TT.

Pronounced Barber? What did his rrelatives go to the Favre school of name spelling?

:wink:

MJZiggy
07-09-2007, 06:24 PM
If he plays as well as Favre, he can pronounce it any way he wants.

b bulldog
07-09-2007, 08:03 PM
He could be a steal from what I've been reading.

esoxx
07-09-2007, 08:25 PM
Or he could be a bust. Who knows.

CaliforniaCheez
07-09-2007, 09:14 PM
There is something about the way he squats.

http://www.thapack.com/images/2007-oline3.jpg

esoxx
07-09-2007, 10:23 PM
Yeah, looks like he has good balance too. Probably a steal.

Merlin
07-10-2007, 01:13 PM
He will be a starter. A year can't go by without us "searching" for replacements for Whale, Rivera, Flannigan and now Tauscher and Clifton. We have to see what they are made of at the expense of a mediocre season...

Dabaddestbear
07-10-2007, 07:37 PM
I noticed a lot of the draft picks in the NFC north are not yet signed (aside from the Bears). Are any packer fans worried about this with training camp right around the corner?

pbmax
07-10-2007, 07:51 PM
That's good bend at the knees and nice hip flexibility. But he's overextending his torso and can get caught out of good refreshment position.

Clearly he needs work on his waterhose drinking fundamentals, but he could be special someday.

There is something about the way he squats.

http://www.thapack.com/images/2007-oline3.jpg

Rastak
07-10-2007, 07:56 PM
I noticed a lot of the draft picks in the NFC north are not yet signed (aside from the Bears). Are any packer fans worried about this with training camp right around the corner?

Dude, it's July 10th....are you kidding......been watching the NFL for long?

pbmax
07-10-2007, 07:56 PM

The Bears do seem to be in a hurry this year, are they getting a good price?

But the flurry of draft picks don't usually start signing (esp high ones) until two weeks out. Still plenty of time.

Scott Campbell
07-10-2007, 08:08 PM
I bet we get our draft picks into camp before those fools get Briggs taken care of.

CaliforniaCheez
07-11-2007, 07:14 AM
The Bears were the first ones last year to get all their picks signed.

The difference is it is a priority for the Bears.

That stupid Cedric Benson holdout over nothing got Bears management angry. Benson held out a month then signed for essentially the same numbers the Bears had offered. That same agent represents Packer first round pick Harrell...... Then again he represented Greg Jennings.

I think there must be a lot of pettiness going on with the 6th round picks. Whatever Crosby gets the others should get incrementally more.

Crosby's agent(s) are hard core. That office represented AJ Hawk. That may be the reason Crosby was selected 3rd of 3 consecutive picks. The Packers should sign the other 2 and then insist Crosby gets less.

Brandon Jackson's agent represents Dwight Freeney who is working through a deal to avoid playing for the franchise tag this season. That deadline is approaching. Once that distraction is over then Jackson's contract may get more attention from his agent.

I give a lot of credit to the Bears for getting their picks signed early and not have that problem hanging over their heads.