PDA

View Full Version : Favre Speaks!

Brando19
07-09-2007, 07:53 PM
I found the following on Packersnews.com...

A Brett Favre public appearance with no mention of Packers management decisions?

We call that progress, folks.

Speaking Saturday at the opening of Waco, Texas, kids fitness franchise in which he's a partner, Favre said he hopes to chase a Super Bowl in the next year or two. And, based on the Waco Tribune-Herald's account, the Packers quarterback made the remark without qualification.

"It's been a great career up to this point," Favre said, according to the newspaper. "I'd like to make it a little better."

Read into the rest of the rambling quotes as you will. Or just consider it a prelude to the onslaught of rumor, speculation and overanalysis about Favre's future that will start anew in less than three weeks.

GrnBay007
07-09-2007, 10:39 PM
I Favre said he hopes to chase a Super Bowl in the next year or two.

Cool, he's coming back next year. :D

GBRulz
07-09-2007, 11:15 PM
Take a seat and enjoy the show, Mr. Rodgers.....you're not going anywhere for a while :drma:

PlantPage55
07-09-2007, 11:19 PM
Snickers should REALLY get with Brett and A-Rod and make a commercial.
Something like, A-Rod putting a helmet on, about to go out and start an offensive drive - and then Brett rushes by him and gets in the huddle.

Rodgers walks over to the bench dejected and Al Harris hands him a Snickers.

GBRulz
07-09-2007, 11:23 PM
I had posted this a while back, but I think it serves a purpose in this thread as well !

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/gbrulz/Snickers.jpg

PlantPage55
07-09-2007, 11:36 PM
Isn't even the most trivial Brett Favre quote just uplifting?
If he's essentially confirming that he'll be back next year, then we can really gear up for something if this next season goes well.

wist43
07-10-2007, 07:15 AM
Can't imagine that TT won't do everything in his power to ensure that this is Brett's last year.

The Leaper
07-10-2007, 07:59 AM
Can't imagine that TT won't do everything in his power to ensure that this is Brett's last year.

Well, he's been trying awful hard for 3 years now Wist. Like improving our offense, it seems to be a quest that is futile for Thompson.

Scott Campbell
07-10-2007, 08:27 AM
Ted doesn't have enough stroke to get rid of Favre. It takes a 2/3rds vote of the Board of Directors.

Zool
07-10-2007, 10:04 AM
I had posted this a while back, but I think it serves a purpose in this thread as well !

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/gbrulz/Snickers.jpg

Nice hat.

MadtownPacker
07-10-2007, 11:02 AM
I kinda thought he would play until he was 40. Probably why he got the surgery done. If not he would have just toughed it out another year.

This also mean he likes what is happening with the team if he is willing to give them time to grow.

woodbuck27
07-10-2007, 01:42 PM

That's pretty well already accomplished in TT's mind.

He did screw all (experieced NFL playerwise) to support Favre.

What we are seeing now is Brett's way. He's having a little Brett Favre fun.

He's playing mind games with Ted Thompson.

He knows that Aaron Rodgers doesn't have it (certainly no real sign of more . . as yet) and he's still the legitimate starter.

He loves to play football. Even given the short end by TT, still give his all to get wins.

His consecutive starts streak is still in tact and he knows that TT can't touch him there.

There's the glory too with the new records.

The pay isn't too bad as well.

Why should he just walk away from all that when he's still the man.

He's flipping Ted Thompson 'the bird'. :)

rpiotr01
07-10-2007, 02:07 PM
He said the next year or two - but who said that second year will be with the Packers?

Tarlam!
07-10-2007, 02:39 PM
Gawd, Woody, I actually believe you believe what you posted.

LaFours
07-10-2007, 03:13 PM
I think TT has mastered that which fuels Favre's competitive edge. Think about it, how many times did you respond with your best performance when you knew your boss didn't think you have what it takes to get the job done. Almost everyone has had that prick boss at some point or another in their career (and if you haven't, just wait, he's probably around the next career corner). You know, the one that you'd like to beat the shit out of, but instead you work your ass off to prove him wrong.

TT is obviously showing Favre that he believes this team needs rebuilt (and no, this isn't an argument that Rogers should be starting), now all Favre has to do is show TT how to blow it out his arse...by winning it all.

That'll show 'em, eh?

packinpatland
07-10-2007, 04:01 PM
An aside to all this, Favre was in TX promoting some sort of business partnership................exercise places for kids.
For this next generation who only know how to use their thumbs :roll: