PDA

View Full Version : Tank’s Take on the Draft

Anti-Polar Bear
04-30-2006, 05:06 PM
Rd Players
1 Hawk LB
Michael Huff was clearly the best defensive players in this draft; the Texas DB has not weakness at all. Hawk’s coverage skill is a liability. I think Greenway is the more complete player because he has excellent coverage skill. Why did Thompson draft Hawk if he was not the best defensive player? Same reason why you would marry an ugly girl over a pretty girl. You love the ugly girl.

2 Colledge OG
Best pick in this draft. Colledge could be this year’s version of Logan Mankins, the players the Polar Bear should’ve drafted in the 1st rd last year. Thompson should’ve drafted this guy at #37 instead and pick Chad Jackson at #36. The Polar Bear traded down and that is a terrible mistake.

2 Jenning WR
Two words: Chad Jackson. Two more words: fuck up. All Thompson got for trading Walker is this guy.

3 Hodge LB
Undersized LB who likely would not beat out a healthy Brady Poppinga. Might start because he’s all the Packers have.

3 Spitz OL
Also could start because Pack are desperate at OL. Somebody in the Packers front office named Ted missed opportunities to sign proven veterans Mike Wahle and Steve Hutchinson.

4 Rogers WR
Ted Thompson thinks Rodgers to Rogers will be enough to take the Packers to the next level in the year After Favre. I think he is delusional.

4 Blackman CB/WR
Memories of Roosevelt Blackman still linger in my mind.

5 Martin QB
Practice squad candidate.

5 Moll OT
Practice squad candidate

6 Jolly OT
Won’t make the team.

6 Culver S
Won’t make the team

7. Who gives a fuck?

Overall Grade: D+
Hawk could turn out to be a super star and make me look like a fool. But as long as Huff is better, I will continue to look like a genius. Huff will be better than Hawk. These are the words of a genius like me. This whole draft would be rated F if not for the Colledge pick. Memories of those wonderful days when Mike Sherman was winning linger still in my mind. Cherish those moments as it may be 20 years before the Packers make the Playoffs again. Of course, the Packers are not destined to go through 20 years of losing seasons; that is, if the Packers fire their current GM right now, they would be a contender in as early as 2007.

Rastak
04-30-2006, 05:11 PM
Nice writeup Tank.....don't 100% agree but nice nonetheless....

MadtownPacker
04-30-2006, 05:44 PM
You like Colledge huh? But why? He is also a polar bear from Alaska.

Good job though, you came through.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-30-2006, 05:48 PM

I wouldnt care if Colledge is from hell. Any player good enough to protact Favre from becoming a human dummy is a good player. Though, i would rather have Mankins and Wahle or Hutchinson.

MadtownPacker
04-30-2006, 06:08 PM

I wouldnt care if Colledge is from hell. Any player good enough to protact Favre from becoming a human dummy is a good player. Though, i would rather have Mankins and Wahle or Hutchinson.
I would have like Mankins too but thats cuz he from Fresno St. This guy
Colledge could be like Wahle.

I thought someone posted that he has only been injured once in college and the surgery required a screw put in his small toe. Ouch! But I dont imagine he missed any games. Sounds like a tough player.

Scott Campbell
04-30-2006, 06:14 PM
I think Tank needs his own column.

Rastak
04-30-2006, 06:15 PM

Could be called "Tales from the Opium Den"

motife
04-30-2006, 06:54 PM
4 Rogers WR
Ted Thompson thinks Rodgers to Rogers will be enough to take the Packers to the next level in the year After Favre. I think he is delusional.

Rodgers to Rogers might fall through like Couch to Davenport did.

Tim and Najeh that is.

Tarlam!
05-01-2006, 04:19 AM

Motion seconded.

All those in favor?

Travbrew
05-01-2006, 09:53 AM
[quote="Anti-Polar Bear"][size=10]
2 Jenning WR
Two words: Chad Jackson. Two more words: fuck up. All Thompson got for trading Walker is this guy.

This morning ON ESPN radio Colin Cowherd says Jennings is "THE SLEEPER" of the draft and had nothing but praise for this years draft, saying the best Packer draft in 7 years with many players ready to start this year.

I'll admit I thought Jackson was the guy to get, but I guess we'll see. D+ is a little weak for a grade IMO. I'm giving a grade of B at the least. I will say I feel WAY more confident in this year's draft than any of Shermie's.

HarveyWallbangers
05-01-2006, 09:56 AM
Glad to have you here, travbrew.

Partial
05-01-2006, 10:06 AM
Tank,

if Chad Jackson is so good, then why didn't the Steelers not stand pat and take him? My guess is that is the same reason we didn't take him.

wist43
05-01-2006, 10:41 AM
I like this draft... of course anything can happen with these guys; but, on paper, I like the draft.

I'm very high on Hodge... I thought Poppinga was a good player last year and should have been in the starting lineup much sooner in the season. With the addition of Hawk and Hodge, and if Poppinga comes back healthy, Barnett could very well be the 4th best LB on this team.

One thing for sure, Hawk, Hodge, and Poppinga are all much tougher, and much more stout at the point of attack than Barnett. An upgrade at LB was desperately needed.

I also like the rest of the draft for the most part... some of these guys aren't going to make the team, but if they provide good competition, and given that there are always injuries...

Pretty good draft.

BlueBrewer
05-01-2006, 10:44 AM
We ended up with 5 picks from Walker when it is all said and done. Not too shabby IMO

jack's smirking revenge
05-01-2006, 10:47 AM
Welcome TravBrew and BlueBrewer!

D is definitely harsh, but you're welcome to your opinion Tank.

tyler

Tarlam!
05-01-2006, 11:11 AM
We ended up with 5 picks from Walker when it is all said and done. Not too shabby IMO

Yes. No.

I want to see him ROTTING IN HELL and PICKING PINE SPLINTERS OUTTA HIS ASS, but, ya can't see that and have 5 players, right?

It really depends on if we get a pro-bowler not named Hawk outta this draft. I know we officially picked up 5 players, but, TT did wheeling and dealing and made 11 selections after the Walker trade, that, IMO, are hard to seperate.

Having that extra 2nd where he did, influenced everything we did from that point on.

Anti-Polar Bear
05-01-2006, 11:28 AM
Tank,

if Chad Jackson is so good, then why didn't the Steelers not stand pat and take him? My guess is that is the same reason we didn't take him.

Holmes was rated the best WR in this draft, and the Steelers probably didnt think he would last til the 32nd. Jackson was the 2nd best, and the best available WR on board when Pack pick at 36. If your gonna draft a WR in the 2nd Rd, might as well draft the best one available. You wait and you end up with a guy like Jenning.

Anti-Polar Bear
05-01-2006, 11:30 AM
I like this draft... of course anything can happen with these guys; but, on paper, I like the draft.

I'm very high on Hodge... I thought Poppinga was a good player last year and should have been in the starting lineup much sooner in the season. With the addition of Hawk and Hodge, and if Poppinga comes back healthy, Barnett could very well be the 4th best LB on this team.

One thing for sure, Hawk, Hodge, and Poppinga are all much tougher, and much more stout at the point of attack than Barnett. An upgrade at LB was desperately needed.

I also like the rest of the draft for the most part... some of these guys aren't going to make the team, but if they provide good competition, and given that there are always injuries...

Pretty good draft.

Wist, you are out of your mind. No way Pollinga and Hodge are better the Barnett. Even Hawk is not better than Barnett at this point.

Tarlam!
05-01-2006, 11:30 AM
What I find really encouraging is that we will able to track both Jennings and that Pats guy, probably next season.

Both Pats and Packers have openings for WR. Should be marvelous to have Tank week after week comparing Huff/Hawk, Jackson/Jennings.

Anti-Polar Bear
05-01-2006, 11:36 AM
Both Pats and Packers have openings for WR. Should be marvelous to have Tank week after week comparing Huff/Hawk, Jackson/Jennings.

I wont disappoint. :mrgreen:

mraynrand
05-01-2006, 11:41 AM
I think it willbe interesting to see what VD does for SF, especially when they play the Pack. The increasing appeal for VD was just like being on a used car lot with the salesguy telling you he "has three other parties interested in that fine vee-hickle."

Deputy Nutz
05-01-2006, 11:58 AM
If giving Tank his own column means he doesn't spew his same opinion over and over again on every forum thread than I am all for it, but if I have to hear the Huff verse Hawk comparison any where else, I will get his ass and his column!

Tarlam!
05-01-2006, 12:07 PM
Whaddya think, Tank? Should TT help out your buddy?

POSTED 12:09 p.m. EDT, April 30, 2006

HARRINGTON SITUATION GETTING UGLIER (OR LIONS GETTING STUPIDER)

John Clayton of ESPN.com reports that the Detroit Lions are considering a challenge to the financial arrangement that quarterback Joey Harrington has worked out with the Miami Dolphins.

The Lions decided several weeks back to part ways with Harrington. Instead of cutting the No. 3 overall pick in the 2002 draft, the Lions have been trying to get value for him via a trade. It's a foregone conclusion that, if the Lions can't trade him before June 15, when Harrington is due to receive a $4 million roster bonus, Harrington will be released.

So Harrington and his agent, David Dunn, engaged in talks with teams like the Bengals and the Dolphins in effort to work out a new financial agreement. After all, no team is going to give up a draft pick and then assume a contract requiring it to cough up $4 million in less than two months.

Harrington and Dunn worked out a deal with the Dolphins, and Dunn recently announced that Harrington wants to go there.

The only glitch? The Lions and the Fins can't get together on compensation.

Now, the Lions are complaining about the deal that they invited Harrington and Dunn to make with the Fins in an effort to secure a trade.

Because Harrington has in hand an acceptable financial package with the Dolphins, Joey apparently is refusing to work with the Browns or Broncos or anyone else who might be interested in acquiring him. But Harrington has no obligation to restructure his deal. If Cleveland or Denver want to acquire his rights, they acquire the whole package -- including the $4 million roster bonus.

Obviously, no team will work out a trade until after they first work out an acceptable financial package. In this case, the Dolphins worked out the terms with Harrington, but then reached an impasse with the Lions.

The best move for the Lions at this point would be to shut up. They created this mess. The blame for the fact that it's not being cleaned up in the manner that the Lions prefer falls only to the Lions.

MadtownPacker
05-01-2006, 12:14 PM
Millen = The only GM to make Sherm look like a genius GM.
Millen = Moron

Take your choice.

KYPack
05-01-2006, 12:32 PM
If giving Tank his own column means he doesn't spew his same opinion over and over again on every forum thread than I am all for it, but if I have to hear the Huff verse Hawk comparison any where else, I will get his ass and his column!

Amen, Bro.

Nutz fer Leader!

Iron Mike
05-01-2006, 01:01 PM

Motion seconded.

All those in favor?

Only if it's called "The O-Z"!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Iron Mike
05-01-2006, 01:08 PM
Or, if Tank takes on the Jim Anchower persona and calls his column "The Cruise"

http://pool.dylantree.com/img/gallery/dylanpoolers/2791_jim_anchower.jpg

Hola Amigos! It's been a long time since I rapped at ya, but it's been Nuttsville in the Anchower basement since yours truly had to monitor Polar Bear sightings during last weekend's NFL draft......... :razz:

Deputy Nutz
05-01-2006, 01:55 PM
http://www.cinemastrikesback.com/news/thumbs/fastregis.jpg

Iron Mike
05-01-2006, 02:20 PM
http://www.cinemastrikesback.com/news/thumbs/fastregis.jpg

HAHAHAHA!!!! You owe me a new keyboard!!!!