PDA

View Full Version : The Packer/Raider game from MNF in '03 is on the NFL channel

SudsMcBucky
07-12-2007, 07:03 PM
right now, in case anyone cares to rewatch one of BF's best games ever. :D

packinpatland
07-12-2007, 07:07 PM
Just caught KGB sacking the QB............. :cow:

Even tho I have it on video, I'll probably still watch the whole game......and what a game it was.

GrnBay007
07-12-2007, 07:15 PM
I don't have that channel .............yet. :( :x

PlantPage55
07-12-2007, 07:28 PM
Al Michaels: "The only team (that controls their fate) is Minnesota. They win at Arizona next week - they're in."

HA HA HA HA HA! :lol:

4and12to12and4
07-12-2007, 07:33 PM
I am TVOing the game, and am going to keep it taped forever, the only other game I have taped on my recordings on my Dish Network is the final game of last year when we kicked the shit out of the Bears.

I know nobody here cares, but I'm so excited, I have to tell someone. I just switched to DirectTv today. They are having an awesome deal, I am getting the NFL Ticket and their premium channels (250) for four months for 69.99 for the first four months, then after four months I can downgrade to their Choice package which is only 39.99 a month. I am currently paying 50.00 a month right now anyways. So, in a years time, I will be almost getting the NFL package for free, not to mention the four months of premium channels (skinemax :oops: ), etc.. So, if anyone here wants the NFL package, now is the time to get it. I live in the Chicagoland area, and have to find a bar to go to for about four games a year, cuz of the stinkin' Bears are played on the Networks here. So, I am stoked!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to see the Raiders game later tonight (without commercials).

This year, I am TVOing every Packer game, and keeping them in My Recordings so I can rewatch them all in the offseason, and during the week between games. It's a great way to really see who's doing their job and who's not. You can rewatch the game just keying in on certain positions over and over again. I love technology!!!! I wish the NFL would have an option that you could hit a button on your remote and zoom out to the whole field and see whats going on in the secondary etc.. It's hard to say whether guys like Manuel and co. are missing assignments play to play when they aren't in the shot. I would even pay extra for that feature. I'm surprised they haven't come up with something like that yet.

Anyways, I'm just giddy as a schoolgirl about getting the NFL package this year. I can't wait for September. GO PACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HarveyWallbangers
07-12-2007, 07:45 PM
Al Michaels: "The only team (that controls their fate) is Minnesota. They win at Arizona next week - they're in."

HA HA HA HA HA! :lol:

Thought the same thing. Funny how Walker makes a couple of circus catches in the game and a lot of people act like Favre was solid, but his receivers did it for him more than him doing it. Well, so far he's 9 for 9 and every pass was spot on. Favre was terrific in this game (320 yards and 4 TDs at halftime). Give him his due. Don't try to minimize it by saying it was his receivers.

4and12to12and4
07-12-2007, 07:51 PM
I'm not watching the game right now, but it's interesting what you just posted, because from memory I was thinking that Walker and Co. was grabbing everything out of the air, and I DID attribute Brett's success mostly to his receivers. Can't wait to watch it later to see if Brett actually was dead on that night. I know that Walker caught a couple of ridiculous jump balls way down the field, I think one in the endzone in the second half after we were already kicking their ass.

HarveyWallbangers
07-12-2007, 07:57 PM
I'm not watching the game right now, but it's interesting what you just posted, because from memory I was thinking that Walker and Co. was grabbing everything out of the air, and I DID attribute Brett's success mostly to his receivers. Can't wait to watch it later to see if Brett actually was dead on that night. I know that Walker caught a couple of ridiculous jump balls way down the field, I think one in the endzone in the second half after we were already kicking their ass.

Walker made some great catches, Ferguson made a great one, and Driver made one also, I think. However, Favre was on the money. Green Bay got the lead, they couldn't do anything wrong, and that's when Brett started heaving her down the field more. Hey, if they can't cover it, might as well try it. Throwing into double coverage deep down the field at the right time isn't a bad thing--especially if you have a Randy Moss or Javon Walker on the team.

4and12to12and4
07-12-2007, 07:58 PM
How is the running game going Harv, is that helping open up the passing?

Has the defense gotten any turnovers?

PlantPage55
07-12-2007, 07:58 PM
Yep, that one just happened - and that one was a great play by Walker. Although, it was also a great pass by Brett, because the DBs were behind Walker - so Brett throws it just shallow enough in the endzone for Walker to block with his body and make the grab in front of the DBs

packers11
07-12-2007, 07:59 PM
Watching Green in that game brings back good memories of 03...

4and12to12and4
07-12-2007, 08:00 PM
This is so cool, that we can chat while a great Packers game is on. I love the NFL Network, and I love Packerrats!!!!

SudsMcBucky
07-12-2007, 08:00 PM
4 and 12, it's about damn time you got DirecTV! Stuff like this is great on nites like tonight when there's jack on TV. Plus, you'll get the B10 channel, too. :D

4and12to12and4
07-12-2007, 08:01 PM
What's the B10 channel?

SudsMcBucky
07-12-2007, 08:03 PM
What's the B10 channel?

C'mon, man, the Big 10 Channel. Badger games, etc.

4and12to12and4
OMG, that is awesome. This is better than Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SudsMcBucky
Favre's pass to Walls was spot on. You can't thread it in any better than that.

Rastak
This is so cool, that we can chat while a great Packers game is on. I love the NFL Network, and I love Packerrats!!!!

The marvels of technology.....

4and12to12and4
07-12-2007, 08:06 PM
So, are you guys sitting in front of your TV's with a laptop, or is your computer in the same room?

SudsMcBucky
07-12-2007, 08:07 PM
So, are you guys sitting in front of your TV's with a laptop, or is your computer in the same room?

Both. :D

4and12to12and4
07-12-2007, 08:10 PM
Does Green get over 100 yards in this game? What quarter is it in now, and how many yards does he have? I'm gonna wait another hour and watch it so I can fast forward all the commercials.

SudsMcBucky
07-12-2007, 08:13 PM
It's about the 2 minute warning in the 1st half.

4and12to12and4
07-12-2007, 08:17 PM
Suds, yer profile shows you joined july 11, 2006, happy belated 1st anniversary!! :glug:

SudsMcBucky
07-12-2007, 08:18 PM
Suds, yer profile shows you joined july 11, 2006, happy belated 1st anniversary!! :glug:

Thanks. Cheers back at ya! :alc:

4and12to12and4
07-12-2007, 08:20 PM
BTW, is that avatar from "Wild Things"?

SudsMcBucky
07-12-2007, 08:24 PM

Yep.

Man, I really wanted #4 to get 400 yards in this game. Bummer.

HarveyWallbangers
07-12-2007, 08:24 PM
Does Green get over 100 yards in this game? What quarter is it in now, and how many yards does he have? I'm gonna wait another hour and watch it so I can fast forward all the commercials.

Green finished with 127 rushing yards, but most of them came after they got a huge lead. It's 31-7, and the last graphic they put up he had like 35 yards.

Incredible stat in this game. Favre's first 10 completions went to 8 different receivers. On the night, Favre completed 22 passes to 12 different receivers.

That offense was so good (Favre, Ahman, Driver, Walker, Wahle, Rivera, Tauscher, Clifton). Too bad we couldn't combine that offense with this year's defense. That team had the likes of Hannibal Navies, Marques Anderson, Bwahoh Jue, Michael Hawthorne, and Cletidus Hunt on it.

4and12to12and4
07-12-2007, 08:26 PM
You know what's great about TVO'ing a game, is that if you hit the 30 forward button right after a tackle, it almost always takes you right to the snap of the next play, unless an offense is using the no huddle. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

4and12to12and4
07-12-2007, 08:29 PM

Green finished with 127 rushing yards, but most of them came after they got a huge lead. It's 31-7, and the last graphic they put up he had like 35 yards.

Incredible stat in this game. Favre's first 10 completions went to 8 different receivers. On the night, Favre completed 22 passes to 12 different receivers.

That offense was so good (Favre, Ahman, Driver, Walker, Wahle, Rivera, Tauscher, Clifton). Too bad we couldn't combine that offense with this year's defense. That team had the likes of Hannibal Navies, Marques Anderson, Bwahoh Jue, Michael Hawthorne, and Cletidus Hunt on it.

Yeah, dead on, I'm still miffed about the whole Walker thing. It is perhaps the one really bad GM'ing move TT has made. He should have been able to work something out with him. Walker just wanted to feel "wanted", and I think TT really blew it on that whole thing.

GrnBay007
07-12-2007, 08:31 PM
LOL Looks like this turned in to the 1st Official Game Thread of 2007 season! :cow:

:wave:

MJZiggy
07-12-2007, 08:34 PM
I was just thinking that 007, a game thread for a 4-year-old game...

4and12to12and4
07-12-2007, 08:34 PM
Yeah, it's so cool. It has the feel of opening day!! It's great. I have football fever SO BAD!!!!

GrnBay007
07-12-2007, 08:36 PM
Yeah, it's so cool. It has the feel of opening day!! It's great. I have football fever SO BAD!!!!

You are really making me feel sad with all your happiness. :evil:

How long does it take to get that damn direct TV?

4and12to12and4
07-12-2007, 08:44 PM

You are really making me feel sad with all your happiness. :evil:

How long does it take to get that damn direct TV?

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P They are installing it tomorrow morning!!!!!
YAAAAh!!!!

4and12to12and4
07-12-2007, 08:47 PM
Well, I'm going to retire from this site now, you guys all have a wonderful evening, I'm going to watch the game now. I should be able to avoid all the commercials by the time it ends. See y'all later. GO PACK!!

packinpatland
07-12-2007, 09:04 PM
I was just thinking that 007, a game thread for a 4-year-old game...

But this wasn't just 'a' game. It was the best of games.
Even the defense rose to the occasion.

Can't believe there are so many players that will be missed (by me).
There's Antonio, William, Ahman, Walker, .......just to name a few.

packinpatland
07-12-2007, 09:09 PM
Madden just used the word 'discombobulated'.
How often do you hear that? :wink:

packinpatland
07-12-2007, 09:16 PM
Definition of critics..............."those that come down out of the hill after a battle and shoot the wounded."

Didn't catch who said it, but that's good.

HarveyWallbangers
07-12-2007, 09:31 PM
What's amazing about this game is that it was less than 4 years ago, and Favre looked young. He scrambled, rocket arm, and no gray hairs. He was even clean shaven.

CaliforniaCheez
07-12-2007, 09:43 PM

Yep.

Man, I really wanted #4 to get 400 yards in this game. Bummer.

Blame it on David Martin in the 2nd Quarter.

CaliforniaCheez
07-12-2007, 09:44 PM
What's amazing about this game is that it was less than 4 years ago, and Favre looked young. He scrambled, rocket arm, and no gray hairs. He was even clean shaven.

He came in second in the MVP voting the previous year to Rich Gannon.

OS PA
07-12-2007, 11:27 PM
This game made me realize two things.

#1 - I miss Gilbert Brown
#2 - I'm going to be really, really, really happy this year when we stop allowing 5+ yards a carry, it's going to make me smile.

Jimx29
07-13-2007, 12:28 AM
OK, so who's gonna upload the game to http://www.megaupload.com/ or https://ssl.rapidshare.com/ or some other place so I can D/L it? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v24/numbnutz/smilies/SMILIE_Begging.gif

SudsMcBucky
07-13-2007, 06:47 AM
#2 - I'm going to be really, really, really happy this year when we stop allowing 5+ yards a carry, it's going to make me smile.

That's funny. I was thinking similar thoughts while watching. As much as I hate/hated the Harrell pick in round 1, I started thinking how much MORE I hated watching run D like that. Hopefully, that should no longer be an issue. Just reinforcing that DL will make it that much better.