PDA

View Full Version : Which Record Will Favre Break First?

Joemailman
07-13-2007, 08:27 PM
Favre needs 7 TD Passes to set the NFL Touchdown Pass Record, and 5 Interceptions to set the NFL Interception Record. Which goes first?

4and12to12and4
07-13-2007, 09:20 PM
Could someone please submit a post showing all of the records that Brett can and probably will pass this year if he stays healthy? I can't recall them all, and don't want to have to do the research. :oops:

I sure hope he reaches the touchdown record first, or we are in for a long, frustrating season!!

GrnBay007
07-13-2007, 10:06 PM
Career Passing Yards Total To Surpass Year To Date
1) Dan Marino 61,361
2) Brett Favre 57,500

Career Passing Attempts
1) Dan Marino 8,358
2) Brett Favre 8,223

Career Completions
1) Brett Favre 5,021

Career Touchdown Passes
1) Dan Marino 420
2) Brett Favre 414

Career Wins as a Starting QB
1) John Elway 148
2) Dan Marino 147
2) Brett Favre 147

Consecutive Games Started
1) Jim Marshall 270
2) Mick Tingelhoff 240
3) Brett Favre 237

packers11
07-14-2007, 12:05 AM
most likely career wins...

WELL... I HOPE SO...

packinpatland
07-14-2007, 10:04 AM
1) Jim Marshall 270
2) Mick Tingelhoff 240
3) Brett Favre 237

These other two weren't QB's, right?

packers11
07-14-2007, 10:06 AM
1) Jim Marshall 270
2) Mick Tingelhoff 240
3) Brett Favre 237

Nope Marshall was a DE
Tinfelhoff was a center

Maybe Favre will pass 270 :)

PaCkFan_n_MD
07-14-2007, 10:14 AM
1) Jim Marshall 270
2) Mick Tingelhoff 240
3) Brett Favre 237

Nope Marshall was a DE
Tinfelhoff was a center

Unlikely because that is three more seasons, but with Favre you just never know. 8-)

RashanGary
07-14-2007, 10:15 AM
I think the wins record, the SB win and the consecutive games record are Favres biggest accomplishments. He has a couple MVP's and all of the other passing records to boot but Favres legacy will be the tough, gun slinging iron man that won games with big plays.

I think Manning will go down as the best passer.

Brady is the rock who never messed up.

Favre is the cowboy who just let it rip and came out on top more often than not.

GrnBay007
07-14-2007, 10:49 AM
This thread got a little off track with the records being posted...they probably should have been in a different thread. The question here is whether you think Favre will break the TD or interception record first.

I've always thought this was kinda funny. Fans from opposing teams like to raz packer fans about that interception record. I don't know about anyone else but that record means nothing to me. I don't care if Favre breaks that in the first couple games. He's always said he's going to take a chance if it means winning a game. What more could you want from a QB....if he doesn't care about that reord, why should we? Granted there have been some real zingers that make you think wtf? But when it comes down to it, will it make him any less of a HOF'er by having that interception record? Not a chance!!!!

packinpatland
07-14-2007, 01:28 PM
This thread got a little off track with the records being posted...they probably should have been in a different thread. The question here is whether you think Favre will break the TD or interception record first.

I've always thought this was kinda funny. Fans from opposing teams like to raz packer fans about that interception record. I don't know about anyone else but that record means nothing to me. I don't care if Favre breaks that in the first couple games. He's always said he's going to take a chance if it means winning a game. What more could you want from a QB....if he doesn't care about that reord, why should we? Granted there have been some real zingers that make you think wtf? But when it comes down to it, will it make him any less of a HOF'er by having that interception record? Not a chance!!!!

I agree. When you 'ratio' out the number of passes thrown, to INT's, Favre looks pretty darn good.

Hell, he IS pretty darn good!

falco
07-14-2007, 01:37 PM
1) Jim Marshall 270
2) Mick Tingelhoff 240
3) Brett Favre 237

Nope Marshall was a DE
Tinfelhoff was a center

Unlikely because that is three more seasons, but with Favre you just never know. 8-)

Does it count playoff games? If we squeak in a playoff game in the next two years, he ties it; if we squeak in 2 he beats it.

packinpatland
07-14-2007, 04:42 PM
1) Jim Marshall 270
2) Mick Tingelhoff 240
3) Brett Favre 237

Nope Marshall was a DE
Tinfelhoff was a center

Does it count playoff games? If we squeak in a playoff game in the next two years, he ties it; if we squeak in 2 he beats it.

'Squeaking' never sounded so good!

]{ilr]3
07-14-2007, 04:53 PM
Here is the Favre Watch from Packers.com

http://www.packers.com/history/record_book/individual_records/favre_watch/

4and12to12and4
07-15-2007, 09:23 PM
Am I a horrible person because I want Peyton Manning to end his career early with a career ending injury to keep Brett's stats at No. 1 (assuming he stays healthy enough to pass Marino this year)? I love the guy, but I don't want him to pass Brett up. If not a career ending injury, at least for one game, so he doesn't continue to creep up on the consecutive starts record. Right now, Brett is so far ahead of any other QB, it puts him in Superman status, so I just want Manning to get hurt and end his streak. I hope that doesn't make me evil. If so ...

the_idle_threat
07-15-2007, 10:19 PM
I never like to wish injury upon anybody, but in Manning's case ...

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Not a major injury ... just something to take him out for a game to two. So, instead of

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

make that:

:twisted:

MJZiggy
07-15-2007, 11:56 PM
Sprained thumb?

the_idle_threat
07-16-2007, 01:26 AM
Maybe. :whist:

The Leaper
07-16-2007, 07:36 AM
Favre needs 7 TD Passes to set the NFL Touchdown Pass Record, and 5 Interceptions to set the NFL Interception Record. Which goes first?

I'm voting the TD record goes first...but both will happen in the same game.

woodbuck27
07-16-2007, 03:20 PM
I believe we will see Favre get a quick start and he should have the TD record by the 5th game at least.

The pick record !!

Who cares and that record shouldn't and won't in any real way taint the other.

The pick record won't hold him back from being a first ballot HOFer either. Not with all the others he'll hold.

I just hope that Brett Favre will get 16 more consecutive starts.

Wouldn't the all time yards passing record be real sweet ?

He'll get lots of opportunity (again) to air it out this season. Unless our OL matures or jells and contributes greatly to our running game stabalizing our offense.

The maturity and success of our OL. That is so important.

packinpatland
07-16-2007, 03:27 PM
Sprained thumb?

A sprained thumb will only stop the average QB :wink:

MJZiggy
07-16-2007, 04:22 PM
I was wondering who was gonna catch that...

gbgary
07-16-2007, 07:56 PM
i'm not a superstitious guy but all this talk better end cuz s**t happens! you know what i mean?! let's just bite our tongues for now. :wink:

woodbuck27
07-17-2007, 06:12 PM
i'm not a superstitious guy but all this talk better end cuz s**t happens! you know what i mean?! let's just bite our tongues for now. :wink:

I'm Irish and I agree with that. Thinking he could go down early gives me the Willy's

We don't have a whole lot going on that looks really hopeful (realistically in my world. . anyway :) ) so we shouldn't jinx Favre.