PDA

View Full Version : Darn, I missed the running of the bulls in Pamplona

the_idle_threat
07-14-2007, 01:37 AM
Too bad ... looks like it would have been fun.

http://a.abcnews.com/images/International/ap_lenahan_070713_ms.jpg

http://hosted.ap.org/photos/F/f04561bb-3d2e-4c86-9c59-1e641a16cf3a-big.jpg

Tarlam!
07-14-2007, 02:35 AM
Bulls 2, Runners 0.

That shot of the horn digging into the guys leg is bone chilling...

the_idle_threat
07-14-2007, 06:43 AM
Yeah, the first pic is definitely wince-worthy. I almost feel bad for the guy. Almost.

Tally one more for the bulls, though. Although it's not easy to make out from the photo, the second one shows a bull goring two brothers simultaneously ... one on each horn. :twisted:

Bulls 3, Runners 0.

MJZiggy
07-14-2007, 07:21 AM
There are some threads I should really just know better than to open...

oregonpackfan
07-14-2007, 08:44 AM
Yeah, getting gored in the butt and lower back looks like a lot of fun! :roll:

In my younger days as a runner, I used to compete in local races. Though I still jog three times a week, the only running event I can safely compete in would be "The Running of the Sea Lions In Oregon." :lol:

MJZiggy
07-14-2007, 09:03 AM
You should try the "Running of the Tourists in DC." That's a nice easy one.

MadtownPacker
07-15-2007, 12:16 PM
Though I still jog three times a week, the only running event I can safely compete in would be "The Running of the Sea Lions In Oregon." :lol:Hahaha! OPF - I always hear you in a kind, fatherly common sense kind of voice that makes me bust up sometimes.

oregonpackfan
07-15-2007, 02:59 PM
Though I still jog three times a week, the only running event I can safely compete in would be "The Running of the Sea Lions In Oregon." :lol:Hahaha! OPF - I always hear you in a kind, fatherly common sense kind of voice that makes me bust up sometimes.

Why, thank you for your kind words, Madtown! We elders always appreciate it when we get shown respect by you young'uns.

If you would like more advice, just take a seat next to my rocking chair. Just don't get between me and my spitoon. Things might get a little messy for you... :)