PDA

View Full Version : Chris Chaimbers

b bulldog
07-14-2007, 04:42 PM
Busted for DUI in North Carolina and resisting arrest. Picking Ferguson over CC was a mistake but looking back now, both have had less than stellar careers.

b bulldog
07-14-2007, 04:46 PM
Chambers didn't resist arrest they are now saying. That will help him greatly when he has to deal with the commish.

RashanGary
07-14-2007, 05:19 PM
I wonder if his poor QB's had something to do with that.

Harlan Huckleby
07-14-2007, 06:05 PM
Picking Ferguson over CC was a mistake but looking back now, both have had less than stellar careers.

Whoah! You are a tough grader. Chambers stats over his years in the league are very comparable to Donald Driver's during the same period. Both exactly 14.1 yards per catch. Comparable number of TDs per season. Driver averaging around 70 receptions per season, Chambers about 60

Driver had a big year statistically in 2006, Chambers had his worst season. But overall, Chambers has had a very good career. (Fergy, not so much.)

Go Badgers! Beat Michigan!

Speaking of WR's ... what's David Terrell up to?

b bulldog
07-14-2007, 09:23 PM
CC had one strong year. IMO, he has been a disappointment other than the one year. Good point on the lack of QB play in Miami but he does drop quite a few.

Go Michigan, beat Wisconsin :lol:
This season will be Bucky's year :x

Bretsky
07-14-2007, 09:26 PM
CC had one strong year. IMO, he has been a disappointment other than the one year. Good point on the lack of QB play in Miami but he does drop quite a few.

Go Michigan, beat Wisconsin :lol:
This season will be Bucky's year :x

Mentioning Chambers and Ferguson in the same breath is nuts

Driver, Chambers, and Jennings would look sweet.

b bulldog
07-14-2007, 09:28 PM
Chambers is overrated, period. He could be on the cut block if he has another subpar season. Ferguson is worse but for thoses who say CC should have been picked, I say pass on both.

b bulldog
07-14-2007, 09:29 PM
he'd be a good three

RashanGary
07-14-2007, 09:56 PM
David Terrell looked like a stud with Brady. QB's make the WR far more than the WR makes the QB IMO.

b bulldog
07-15-2007, 07:21 AM
Actually Terrell looked like a stud with Brady and Henson but most importantly, against college db's.

RashanGary
07-15-2007, 07:31 AM
He had good years in 99 and 00. He didn't have a good year in 98.

I'm curious, what year(s) did Brady start?

RashanGary
07-15-2007, 07:39 AM
Brady started in 97-99.

Terrell had a better year as a soph than he did as a JR which could have had something to do with the Brady to Henson transition but you're right that he was just a good college player more than a benicifiary to a great QB.

b bulldog
07-15-2007, 10:18 AM
Another dumbass Carr move was that he liked having both Brady and Henson play during their games and Brady even than, was a better QB than Henson but Henson had all of the intangibles. The best thing for Wolverine football is for Carr to retire which he may do at years end :)

BF4MVP
07-15-2007, 08:53 PM
Chambers is overrated, period. He could be on the cut block if he has another subpar season. Ferguson is worse but for thoses who say CC should have been picked, I say pass on both.
And then draft Steve Smith a round later..

I agree Chambers is overrated..I don't think he's that good of a receiver..He's "just a guy" in my opinion..Taking Ferguson over him was a mistake, but it's certainly not like we can't live without him..

Bretsky
07-15-2007, 09:21 PM
Rather than throwing out the just a guy cliche generalizations or adding the the Chamber bashing, it would seem more constructive to post his season by season statistics and compare him to Robert Ferguson (per the thread beginning) and other solid WR's in their first six years.

It's obvious Steve Smith was the best WR out of that draft and he was taken round three. But GM's throughout the NFL had him rated where he was selected and I'd just about guarantee those calling for him to be selected there were NOT saying, hey, "why not Steve Smith over Robert Ferguson". The scouting reports out there had both Chambers and Ferguson rated over Steve Smith.

How many yards, TD's, or Yards has Chambers averaged per season with the QB's he has ?

If those are just a guy numbers, I sure as heck wish we had some just a guy players who'll put up those numbers as well. And if that's are grading I sure as hell wish Ferguson was just a guy.

Guy gets busted for DUI (which I'm sure many of us have participated in but not been caught) and we use that for an excuse to Chambers Bash :roll:

Harlan Huckleby
07-15-2007, 09:35 PM
I agree Chambers is overrated..I don't think he's that good of a receiver..

He made the Pro Bowl one (or was it two?) seasons.

Really, it's a matter of how high the bar is for a "good receiver".

Personally, I think its ridiculous to not consider Chambers a good player. Although he did have a down year in 06.

HarveyWallbangers
07-15-2007, 09:55 PM

Personally, I think its ridiculous to not consider Chambers a good player. Although he did have a down year in 06.

Not sure. He's only had one 1,000 yard season, and it usually takes at least that for a receiver to get a Pro Bowl nod. Who knows though. Maybe there was a year when a lot of AFC receivers bailed on the Pro Bowl. Chambers is a good starting receiver. He's not All-World--like some seem to think--but he's solid. Certainly better than Robert Ferguson. Then again, both were drafted before Steve Smith.

Bretsky
07-15-2007, 10:01 PM

Not sure. He's only had one 1,000 yard season, and it usually takes at least that for a receiver to get a Pro Bowl nod. Who knows though. Maybe there was a year when a lot of AFC receivers bailed on the Pro Bowl. Chambers is a good starting receiver. He's not All-World--like some seem to think--but he's solid. Certainly better than Robert Ferguson. Then again, both were drafted before Steve Smith.

I'm not sure if anybody thinks Chambers is all world. He's an above average starting WR.

I believe he only made one Pro Bowl. He has play maker talent but is inconsistent; he makes some great catches but drops some easy ones as well. I do feel his numbers would be far far better if he had Brett Favre throwing him the ball instead of the portfolio of Dolphin QB's he's played with.

I think he's the classic WR who is not quite a #1 WR but is a step up from a #2 WR talent wise.

Most teams would take him in a second as their #2 WR. Unfortunately on the Dolphins he serves as the #1.

b bulldog
07-16-2007, 04:38 PM
Never was it posted that CC and fergy are anywhere near the same player only that CC is overrated and I stated this before this incident and that I would have passed on both. Heaven forbid somebody say a UW player is overrated. In terms of CC or Fergy, it is not even close, CC in a landslide. One more thinvg, to compare CC to Driver is comparing a seventh rounder to a second rounder and a very good WR to a slightly above average starting WR.