PDA

View Full Version : Favre the businessman?

Brando19
07-15-2007, 12:34 PM
Brett Favre is dabbling in off-the-field business opportunities these days, but that doesn't necessarily mean 2007 will be the swan song on the field for the celebrated quarterback.
Favre is a partner in a new fitness franchise exclusively for children called Young Champions. The venture is in collaboration with Kent Johnston, a former strength and conditioning coach for the Packers. Johnston founded Young Champions and is a co-owner of the operation.

The first Young Champions fitness center opened July 7 in Waco, Texas. Favre made an appearance at the facility.

Favre will act as a spokesman for the company, saying the business decisions will be in the hands of Johnston and other investors - "at least until I retire," the quarterback added.

Favre is preparing to return to Green Bay at the end of the month for training camp and his 17th NFL season, 16 with the Packers. The 37-year-old didn't let on during his visit to Waco that the upcoming season would be the finale.

"If I sit down and start dwelling on what I did in the past, it's time to retire. I let other people do that," Favre told reporters. "I'm well aware of what I've done in Green Bay and what I've been a part of, and I'm extremely proud. I'm still playing, and even if it's a year or if it's two years, I want to make the most of it and be a part of something else."

"I don't want to keep hanging on to the past, and right now, that's what I hear (that I'm doing) from a lot of people. Boy, that Super Bowl (victory in 1997) was great, but I want to chase it next year or the next two years and let the past speak for itsel

RashanGary
07-15-2007, 06:26 PM
Man, Favre really wants to win.

I will say this, IF everything that can work out works out we do have a chance.

1. Jackson/Morency have to be a real deal two headed monster
2. Somebody at Safety has to step up
3. The young guys from a year ago (oline esspecially) all have to make sizeable gains
4. Hawk and at least one other player have to become playmakers
5. We have to stay healthy

IF all of these things happen this team can be playoff competitive. I think 2 or 3 will probably happen and we'll end up a borderline playoff team but IF everything goes our way this year like it did last year, we have a chance to give Favre another year of glory. I'm not all emotional over Favre but I have watched him his whole career and his will to win makes me want to see him win.

Brando19
07-15-2007, 06:55 PM
Well said. I agree. IF we can gel...good things will happen. I really hope the TE position becomes ALOT better along with our Safeties. A big worry is our return game. We've sucked for the past few years at kick returning. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed about this whole Larry Johnson situation. In my opinion, if the Pack can trade for LJ, we're an instant Playoff team.