PDA

View Full Version : Latest From Packer Update Site

Packnut
07-17-2007, 09:41 AM
The current rumor du jour involves the Packers and Larry Johnson. A local TV station reported last week that the team is interested in trading for the Chiefs star running back. Here’s the problem (well, one of the problems) with that report - according to a person familiar with the situation in Kansas City, Johnson has "no desire" to finish out his career in Green Bay..... Coach Mike McCarthy is a little disappointed that second-year offensive linemen Daryn Colledge and Tony Moll were unable to pack on much weight during the offseason. While both players reduced their body fat, neither came anywhere close to gaining the prescribed 10 pounds..... Team officials expect rookie Brandon Jackson to win the starting halfback job - the only question is when. The former Nebraska star, who showed quick feet and very soft hands in last month’s OTAs, is simply a better fit for this offense than Vernand Morency..... And finally, we want to update a report from April. Back then, we wrote that defensive end Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila would command a bonus of around $10 million on the open market. Forget that. After what the Colts gave Dwight Freeney last week ($72 million for six years/$30 million bonus), one agent surmised that KGB would now be able to get at least $14 million in upfront money.

Packnut
07-17-2007, 09:42 AM
http://pu2006.typepad.com/packer_update/

rpiotr01
07-17-2007, 10:01 AM
Disappointing to hear about Colledge and Moll. Bulking up was supposed to be a big priority for those guys this offseason. We'll see how that goes.

LL2
07-17-2007, 10:33 AM
KGB's value has gone up? Maybe that's why he's still on the team. One thing I heard about Freeny this morning is that he not only has a lot of sacks but that he has 26 fumbles in the last 5 years, and that he's great at disrupting the pocket. Even still, 72 mil is way too much but looks like football contracts are going to skyrocket.

As far as LJ, get it done. Our offense would be awesome! I can't see why he doesn't want to play in GB. Is KC a better town to live in? I've been there once and it seemed pretty boring to me.

Tarlam!
07-17-2007, 10:36 AM
And finally, we want to update a report from April. Back then, we wrote that defensive end Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila would command a bonus of around $10 million on the open market. Forget that. After what the Colts gave Dwight Freeney last week ($72 million for six years/$30 million bonus), one agent surmised that KGB would now be able to get at least $14 million in upfront money.

For a 3rd down DE? I seriously doubt it.

Philbin was pretty happy with the additional weight College put on.

So much, then, for the rest of the article.

Rejoice Packer Fans, and jump in! The Kool-Aide is perfect!!

Noodle
07-17-2007, 10:40 AM
Hard to know why LJ would say he doesn't want to end up in GB. The KC area is much bigger, more diverse, with a whole lot more shopping and stuff than the GB area.

But is LJ really all that concerned about having a Williams & Sonoma or a Restoration Hardware just down the street?

My guess is he doesn't think we're a contender. That stings, but I'm thinking there are probably a lot of guys in the NFL who view us like Peter King does -- near the bottom of the pack.

Chubbyhubby
07-17-2007, 10:50 AM
Hard to know why LJ would say he doesn't want to end up in GB. The KC area is much bigger, more diverse, with a whole lot more shopping and stuff than the GB area.

But is LJ really all that concerned about having a Williams & Sonoma or a Restoration Hardware just down the street?

My guess is he doesn't think we're a contender. That stings, but I'm thinking there are probably a lot of guys in the NFL who view us like Peter King does -- near the bottom of the pack.

That could be all true, The question remains will TT actually do something to improve the offense in the "NOW" other than "LATER". He tends to play it safe. and holds his checkbook close to his chest. These rumors are just rumors to pass the off-season blues.

MJZiggy
07-17-2007, 10:51 AM
Who is this dude and how does he know anything more than any of us. I think Arrigo's got a new gig...

wist43
07-17-2007, 10:54 AM
The only motivation any FA, or in this case a player under contract to another team, would have to come to GB would be money.

A player like LJ can demand, and get, market value from more attractive suitors than the Packers. If I were a FA that could call my own shot, no way would I consider the Packers, so it doesn't surprise me in the least to hear that a player of LJ's calibur wouldn't even consider GB.

Harlan Huckleby
07-17-2007, 12:16 PM

Well, in fairness, he may have been put-off by the lack of indoor plumbing. Wisconsin people are so used to their out-houses, they don't realize what an adjustment it can be.

regarding Moll & Colledge, I can't believe two young, big guys can't put on 10 pounds in the weight room. And there's always the old fashioned way - steroids.

Chubbyhubby
07-17-2007, 12:29 PM

Well, in fairness, he may have been put-off by the lack of indoor plumbing. Wisconsin people are so used to their out-houses, they don't realize what an adjustment it can be.

regarding Moll & Colledge, I can't believe two young, big guys can't put on 10 pounds in the weight room. And there's always the old fashioned way - steroids.

Ain't that the truth. I guess that just proves those two work ethics are poor. Not good to see while those two are the future of the offensive line.

packinpatland
07-17-2007, 12:33 PM
If all they had to do is put on 10lbs......................I could do that ovenight!

Brandon494
07-17-2007, 01:17 PM

Ain't that the truth. I guess that just proves those two work ethics are poor. Not good to see while those two are the future of the offensive line.

Do you know how hard it is to lose body fat and also gain 10 pounds?

retailguy
07-17-2007, 01:27 PM

If someone was paying me a half million a year and it was the ONLY THING I HAD TO DO for 8 months, I think I could figure it out, if it was IMPORTANT ENOUGH.

And, yes, I know how hard it is to do.

Rastak
07-17-2007, 01:37 PM

Lots of Cardio, high protien intake. Weights weights weights. Yes, it's very difficult to both bulk and cut at the same time. Usually a guy does one or the other.

Packnut
07-17-2007, 01:41 PM
Moll will never be anything more than a back-up no matter what his weight is.

MJZiggy
07-17-2007, 01:47 PM
OK, but nobody answered my question.

*and for the record, I know exactly how hard it is 'cause I'm in the middle of doing it. 3 lbs to go. (woohoo)

retailguy
07-17-2007, 01:51 PM
OK, but nobody answered my question.

*and for the record, I know exactly how hard it is 'cause I'm in the middle of doing it. 3 lbs to go. (woohoo)

You answered it yourself.

MJZiggy
07-17-2007, 01:55 PM
No I asked who the dude who wrote this thisng was and where he gets his information. Sounds like unsubstantiated rumor with no sources or anything that gives me any reason at all to believe what he says.

woodbuck27
07-17-2007, 05:25 PM

Ted Thompson gets alot of criticism, but that just may the real TRUTH.

Good players don't want to be doomed to Green Bay. Life after an almost overdone Brett Favre doesn't seem appetizing.

Look at our team . . .really look.

** Favre, ** Driver. . .Kampman,AJ Hawk. . ** Charles Woodson and ** Al Harris (and look at their ** ages).

What's the prognosis Packer fans?

The Shadow
07-17-2007, 07:33 PM
".....What's the prognosis Packer fans?"

A team on the rise.
Wouldn't have it any other way.

cheesner
07-17-2007, 08:15 PM
Look at our team . . .really look.

** Favre, ** Driver. . .Kampman,AJ Hawk. . ** Charles Woodson and ** Al Harris (and look at their ** ages).

What's the prognosis Packer fans?
Hawk, Kampmann, Jennings, Collins, Barnett, Wells, all seem young to me, and I like what I see.

Do you believe every rumor you see on the internet?

I doubt TT is interested in LJ. Doesn't seem to fit the TT pattern. LJ is a malcontent, TT seems to want to build a strong team with guys who are good teammates and love to play football. LJ does not strike me that way.