PDA

View Full Version : TRADE A-Rod, SIGN Culpepper.

gbpackfan
07-17-2007, 03:39 PM
The Packers should trade Aaron Rodgers and go out and sign Dante Culpepper. Dante will have plenty of time to heal up while he is waiting for Brett to retire and A-Rod can go to a different team a stink it up for the next 3-5 years. TT should get what he can for A-Rod now (which probably isnt much).

Gay-rod is already mouthing off about trying to impress other teams. He is getting impatient and let's be honest, he's not the answer.

Joemailman
07-17-2007, 04:40 PM
Since being separated from Moss, he has thrown 8 TD passes and had 15 INT's. Couple that with the knee injury which has taken his threat as a runner, and it is unlikely he will ever again be a solid player again. Pass.

woodbuck27
07-17-2007, 04:43 PM
TT will trade Aaron Rodgers in a heart beat if he is offered value.

As to bringing in Cupepp.

He wouldn't be happy being another Favre back-up, and what has he got left after Favre plays out his contract? :)

BallHawk
07-17-2007, 04:45 PM
Culpepper is done. No way he ever becomes a decent starter. It's even possible he never becomes a starter for the rest of his career. He's empty in the tank.

I don't think Rodgers will be anything special, but trading away potential for a washed up vet is idiotic.

Bossman641
07-17-2007, 04:57 PM
No thank you to Culpepper. We've seen what he has done without Moss. Arod may or may not suck, too soon to tell still.

Freak Out
07-17-2007, 05:12 PM
Forget it. Culpecker would want to start and want big $$ to boot.

the_idle_threat
07-17-2007, 05:13 PM
Looking for the "Fuck No" option ... :?

woodbuck27
07-17-2007, 05:16 PM
Culpepper is done. No way he ever becomes a decent starter. It's even possible he never becomes a starter for the rest of his career. He's empty in the tank.

I don't think Rodgers will be anything special, but trading away potential for a washed up vet is idiotic.

What must it be to be the designated succesor to Brett Favre? I will be very surprized if Aaron does develop. The proof that he hasn't to date (take away his foot injury) is that Favre will start 2007.

Taking it to TT's head. :)

TT says he wants to win now.

Soooo ( if we take that to the stars :) ) that means, there is no reason, not to see Favre back in 2008.

Thus the rumor to allow Rodgers a chance elsewhere. Because Ted Thompson is a great guy ( with the right return ). . . as Aaron's ready? . . . NOPE . . . certainly hungry.

He may be hungry but he's not ready. He may never get there.

It may be tough to be the one to follow Favre, but someone like Cullpepper can do that easier than Aaron Rodgers.

Thus possibly TT may consider Cullpepper as a back-up option. In the back of his mind. The real play is hope for good value in dealing Aaron Rodgers.

The suggestion is to sign Dante Cullpepper and deligate Aaron Rodgers our number two, but attempt to trade him (of course, without advertising that). :)

It may all fall apart. I agree that the bottom line is Cullpeppers poor health. To date where is he in his recovery or not!!

That may get better. That of course. . . depends on the medical report.

red
07-17-2007, 07:12 PM
culpepper has lost it, like others have said

without moss he has been a completely different player

cheesner
07-17-2007, 07:22 PM
Culpepper was good but never great. Notice the WAS. He also was known for choking and fumbling the ball. Basically, I wouldn't want him on the team even in his prime.

ARod is still developing, how anyone can see he doesn't have it, or won't suceed, I won't ever understand. We will know when he begins starting games if he has it or not.

We are far better off with ARod than Culpepper. Why would you trade a young player with lots of potential for a player who at his best, is average?

Now lets get to discussing scenarios that are more likely to happen:

Should TT trade Hawk and get Arrington?

MJZiggy
07-17-2007, 07:23 PM

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

The Shadow
07-17-2007, 07:30 PM
Trade Rodgers for Culpepper?
Not unless we trade Favre for T.J. Rubley.

GBRulz
07-17-2007, 08:22 PM
Where is the "B and C" option?

gbpackfan
07-17-2007, 09:31 PM
So, I guess most of you feel Culpepper is washed up. I guess it's better to be a has been (Pep) then a never was (Gay-rod)!

gbpackfan
07-17-2007, 09:32 PM

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

What an offensive remark! Comparing Hawk to Gay-rod! :D :shock:

cheesner
07-17-2007, 11:01 PM

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

What an offensive remark! Comparing Hawk to Gay-rod! :D :shock:

I didn't compare Hawk to ARod. But the idea of the trade is equally ridiculous.

gbpackfan
07-17-2007, 11:54 PM
You were basically saying that A-Rod is the AJ Hawk of LB's.

I was mostly kidding but A-Rod has NO future in the NFL and Hawk looks to be on his way to the probowl within the next year or so.

And I didnt say trade A-Rod for Pep. But he should be traded.

Either way, I'm not trying to start anything. I get your point.

cheesner
07-18-2007, 09:30 AM

I was mostly kidding but A-Rod has NO future in the NFL and Hawk looks to be on his way to the probowl within the next year or so.

You are right, I shouldn't have said 'trade' in my post.

Not sure why you are so down on A-Rod, we have not really had much of a chance to see what he can do. I thought his college play was right up there with any QB to come out in the last 3 years (smith, llineart, etc). I still think the ceiling is pretty high for the this kid and I hope he proves you wrong.

Jimx29
07-18-2007, 12:16 PM
The Packers should trade Aaron Rodgers and go out and sign Dante Culpepper. Put down the hookah......

gbpackfan
07-18-2007, 12:59 PM

Not sure why you are so down on A-Rod, we have not really had much of a chance to see what he can do. I thought his college play was right up there with any QB to come out in the last 3 years (smith, llineart, etc). I still think the ceiling is pretty high for the this kid and I hope he proves you wrong.

Everytime A-Rod plays, he looks like a chicken with his head cut off. He whines and complains when something goes wrong and we now know that we can expect him to injured quite often. A-Rod just doesnt have that "it" factor. I hope I'm wrong about A-Rod too, but I doubt it.

cheesner
07-18-2007, 02:30 PM

Everytime A-Rod plays, he looks like a chicken with his head cut off. He whines and complains when something goes wrong and we now know that we can expect him to injured quite often. A-Rod just doesnt have that "it" factor. I hope I'm wrong about A-Rod too, but I doubt it.
Oh come on now. Did you actually see this? Or is this something that has been created on internet threads? Probably from the same source as the 'MM had the deer-in-the-headlights-look' BS. The only game I have seen him play much was the game in which he was injured. I saw nothing of 'chicken-with-his-head-cut-off' thing. Yes he was under pressure by a pass rush, but he kept his composure and played well. Reports from OAs said he looked sharp and confident in practices.

Patler
07-18-2007, 03:10 PM
we now know that we can expect him to injured quite often. A-Rod just doesnt have that "it" factor.

I believe he has been injured only once. How do we know from one injury that "that we can expect him to injured quite often"?

woodbuck27
07-19-2007, 01:25 PM

I saw him on our local sports newscast last night and it sure looked that way to me BallHawk.

He'll get sacked alot.

One of his best skills, if not that. Was his mobility and ability to rush and that appears to be gone. He certainly was limping badly on that tape. Shockingly so.

packrulz
07-19-2007, 01:40 PM
I think Culpecker is probably done, I wonder if he could even pass a physical. Arod hasn't really had a chance IMO, reports are he's had good zip and accuracy on his throws in the OTAs. There have been rumors on some sites about trading him to the Falcons for a draft pick or Alge Crumpler, I don't really believe it'll happen, I'm just sayin'. He'd probably be into it if he'd get a chance to start.

woodbuck27
07-19-2007, 01:53 PM
I think Culpecker is probably done, I wonder if he could even pass a physical. Arod hasn't really had a chance IMO, reports are he's had good zip and accuracy on his throws in the OTAs. There have been rumors on some sites about trading him to the Falcons for a draft pick or Alge Crumpler, I don't really believe it'll happen, I'm just sayin'. He'd probably be into it if he'd get a chance to start.

Rodgers for Crumpler. . . .

Interesting.

That rumor might actually fit. :)

4and12to12and4
07-19-2007, 02:25 PM

What must it be to be the designated succesor to Brett Favre? I will be very surprized if Aaron does develop. The proof that he hasn't to date (take away his foot injury) is that Favre will start 2007.

Soooo ( if we take that to the stars :) ) that means, there is no reason, not to see Favre back in 2008.

Thus the rumor to allow Rodgers a chance elsewhere. Because Ted Thompson is a great guy ( with the right return ). . . as Aaron's ready? . . . NOPE . . . certainly hungry.

It may be tough to be the one to follow Favre, but someone like Cullpepper can do that easier than Aaron Rodgers.

Thus possibly TT may consider Cullpepper as a back-up option. In the back of his mind. The real play is hope for good value in dealing Aaron Rodgers.

The suggestion is to sign Dante Cullpepper and deligate Aaron Rodgers our number two, but attempt to trade him (of course, without advertising that). :)

It may all fall apart. I agree that the bottom line is Cullpeppers poor health. To date where is he in his recovery or not!!

Two things here.

1. This is a no-brainer. As bad as Aaron probably will be as a starter, Culpepper is DONE. He was HORRIBLE last year, and has no mobility, which was half of his game in the first place, the other half was Moss' leaping ability.

2. It may be just me, but, Woodbuck, I never know what the hell you're talking about. I'm not saying this to be negative, I'm just saying, that when I read your posts, I have to reread a lot of what you say, yer all over the place, and sometimes I feel like your speaking Canadian or something. I love ya, guy, but I just don't get ya. :cry:

woodbuck27
07-19-2007, 02:43 PM

Two things here.

1. This is a no-brainer. As bad as Aaron probably will be as a starter, Culpepper is DONE. He was HORRIBLE last year, and has no mobility, which was half of his game in the first place, the other half was Moss' leaping ability.

2. It may be just me, but, Woodbuck, I never know what the hell you're talking about. I'm not saying this to be negative, I'm just saying, that when I read your posts, I have to reread a lot of what you say, yer all over the place, and sometimes I feel like your speaking Canadian or something. I love ya, guy, but I just don't get ya. :cry:

I agree with you on that post. It was poorly constructed.

It was sloppy and certainly in need of editing.

I apoligize.

I posted as I was thinking it out. In the sense of what possibly might be in Ted Thompson's head. Rather than, get a clear thought and present just that.

Sometimes I try to get into TT's head and that gets me into a mess most times. :)

summing up that post:

TT will trade Aaron Rodgers for the right return.

1. Especially if Favre will go on to play 2008 and beyond.

and. . .

2. Aaron Rodgers really doesn't have TT's required grade to make an impact as an NFL starting QB.

TT may not be able to shove Favre out. Favre is under contract through the 2010 season, as I recall.

There has to be a team in need for a QB and maybe that team (as is the rumor now) is Atlanta.

Cullpepper isn't a consideration at this time because he appears finished.

packrulz
07-19-2007, 03:06 PM
The Falcons have Joey Harrington, Chris Redman, & D.J. Shockley (rookie), on the roster at QB. They could try to make it with Joey but if I was the GM I'd start looking for a QB, Vick is toast. Maybe it won't be Arod, but who else is there availiable? First they trade Favre, then they trade Schaub and Vick gets busted. Man, glad I'm not a Falcons fan.

KYPack
07-19-2007, 03:57 PM
I dunno, kids.

I think the odds of TT trading ARod is zero. Rodgers was Thompson's first move on the job. By admitting that your #1 pick was basically a failure, you are casting your job performance in a real negative light.

TT doesn't need the aggravation. He probably still feels his team can turn it around without him getting all the static a Rodgers trade would generate.

I doubt like hell he will make such a move.

gbpackfan
07-19-2007, 04:11 PM

Oh come on now. Did you actually see this? Or is this something that has been created on internet threads? Probably from the same source as the 'MM had the deer-in-the-headlights-look' BS. The only game I have seen him play much was the game in which he was injured. I saw nothing of 'chicken-with-his-head-cut-off' thing. Yes he was under pressure by a pass rush, but he kept his composure and played well. Reports from OAs said he looked sharp and confident in practices.

YEAH, I have actually seen this! Just watch Gay-rod anytime he gets into a pre-season game. He stinks! I don't give a damn what the OTA reports say, you don't chalk up wins by winning over a couple of no-body reporters in practice. Aaron Rodgers stinks! God I hope I'm wrong. I really do. But I have watched enough football to know when a guy has it and when he doesnt.

Bretsky
07-19-2007, 04:55 PM
I dunno, kids.

I think the odds of TT trading ARod is zero. Rodgers was Thompson's first move on the job. By admitting that your #1 pick was basically a failure, you are casting your job performance in a real negative light.

TT doesn't need the aggravation. He probably still feels his team can turn it around without him getting all the static a Rodgers trade would generate.

Without a great preseason the odds of TT getting an acceptable return for Rodgers is pretty low as well.

4and12to12and4
07-19-2007, 05:51 PM

Two things here.

I agree with you on that post. It was poorly constructed.

It was sloppy and certainly in need of editing.

I apoligize.

I posted as I was thinking it out. In the sense of what possibly might be in Ted Thompson's head. Rather than, get a clear thought and present just that.

Sometimes I try to get into TT's head and that gets me into a mess most times. :)

summing up that post:

TT will trade Aaron Rodgers for the right return.

1. Especially if Favre will go on to play 2008 and beyond.

and. . .

2. Aaron Rodgers really doesn't have TT's required grade to make an impact as an NFL starting QB.

TT may not be able to shove Favre out. Favre is under contract through the 2010 season, as I recall.

There has to be a team in need for a QB and maybe that team (as is the rumor now) is Atlanta.

Cullpepper isn't a consideration at this time because he appears finished.

Well, thanks for not getting pissed at me for my comment. I usually enjoy your additions to this site. You are very detailed in your posts. Sometimes I just can't follow you. But, that was cool for you to apologize and not telling me to "go to hell"!! :lol: :lol: :lol: You're a true Packer fan and have a great spirit.

woodbuck27
07-23-2007, 04:46 PM
"4and12to12and4" wrote. . .

Well, thanks for not getting pissed at me for my comment. I usually enjoy your additions to this site. You are very detailed in your posts. Sometimes I just can't follow you. But, that was cool for you to apologize and not telling me to "go to hell"!! :lol: :lol: :lol: You're a true Packer fan and have a great spirit.

woodbuck27:

I seldom get pissed at a person, unless that person simply gets over abraisive, too careless in their manners.

Then there is this:

There are people (in my experience) that decide that a Packer fan cannot be comfortable as such, and not from the great US of A. :)

They don't realize biggotry in themselves.

When I offend or confuse another it doesn't have to be at the expense of my fine country.

I am very proud to be Canadian.

I'm human with good and bad days. Sometimes evan. . . I feel I am almost brialliant. . .Haha, , ,Eh !! :)

I'm Canadian. I'm Canadian with **strong Irish roots. That ** can test me. :)

My Father and forefathers fought for me to have rights and freedoms that make me distinguishable as a Canadian.

I will defend that honour (that I'm Canadian) far more entusiastically, than even my general person. . . yet isn't one a part of the whole?

Do I lash out at some people?

I believe I'm a decent person and hopefully am judged as one trying to make a positive contribution. No less, I can get pissed off at times? The excuse. . .I'm human doesn't wash with me. I'm just me.

Often when I do that ( or strike back), that idiot inside of them (in my observation or prejudice) won't go away. I lose patience with myself over that. :)

Is that right? No !!

Better to try to find good in all people. That is hard at times. Some people some times are particular pricks. It may come as some surprize to some here. That that type, exists here in my observation and experience.

Still. . . HEREIN. . . IS THE LESSON

I believe it was Nietzsche that said.

Be careful who you decide on as an enemy because you will often become just like him.

I pick my fights carefully. Then . . .I fight very well.

woodbuck27
07-23-2007, 05:01 PM
I dunno, kids.

I have to agree with you in the sense of what Aaron Rodgers may mean to Ted Thompson. I know that certain players will have an inflated status related to the GM's ego.

I'm sure, that Ted Thompson is contemplating seeing his first draft pick since he came back here in 2005 do very well.

but hopefully. . . after taking in what he's seen. TT would have the decent sense to trade Aaron Rodgers if the right deal was offered to help the Packers immediately. :)

surely. . . .

Harlan Huckleby
07-23-2007, 05:36 PM
i love the nickname that Viking fans gave to Culpepper on account of his short arms - Flipper.

I don't see how the Packers can go another year without finding out what they got with Arod.

woodbuck27
07-23-2007, 05:56 PM
i love the nickname that Viking fans gave to Culpepper on account of his short arms - Flipper.

I don't see how the Packers can go another year without finding out what they got with Arod.

now there is a novel idea. . .

two QB's on the field at the same time.

Let's make Aaron Rodgers into a FB (the option pass :) ) and when he can't cut it there either. We can all pretend that TT just couldn't know.

Ohhhh wait a minute I'm forgetting.

Ted Thompson just had to pick him. . .

as if he was some gift falling for our benefit.

There is no part of me that is down on Aaron Rodgers. I just havn't seen anything that even resembles success as an NFL QB.

Why do we have to pretend or imagine that will suddenly transpire?

GBRulz
07-23-2007, 09:10 PM

It certainly will be interesting, but if TT puts Favre on the bench just to see what they have with Arod, he might as well sign his resignation papers now.

Arod is only under contract for 2 more seasons. There is a good chance that he will become a FA before he even really plays in the NFL. It will def make for some interesting conversation as the time gets closer, that's for sure. Does TT re-sign him without having any experience beyond holding a clipboard? At the most, he will have one year of being a starter, will TT shell out the big bucks to keep his prized 1st round QB for ego purposes? To sign a first rounder and have him ride the pine for 4 seasons is a total waste. If I were TT, I'd seriously be considering trades at this point to at least salvage something out of it.

Bretsky
07-23-2007, 09:12 PM

It certainly will be interesting, but if TT puts Favre on the bench just to see what they have with Arod, he might as well sign his resignation papers now.

Arod is only under contract for 2 more seasons. There is a good chance that he will become a FA before he even really plays in the NFL. It will def make for some interesting conversation as the time gets closer, that's for sure. Does TT re-sign him without having any experience beyond holding a clipboard? At the most, he will have one year of being a starter, will TT shell out the big bucks to keep his prized 1st round QB for ego purposes? To sign a first rounder and have him ride the pine for 4 seasons is a total waste. If I were TT, I'd seriously be considering trades at this point to at least salvage something out of it.

Can't see TT sitting Favre other than junk time

swede
07-23-2007, 09:25 PM

Was Steve Young a first rd pick? I think he was stuck behind Joe Montana for quite a while and he seemed to learn a lot by simply holding a clipboard.

Trading A-Rod for Culpepper is an utterly ridiculous notion.

Trading A-Rod may not be such a ridiculous idea if Favre has a better year than his last three have been.

A-Rod has already started to sound a little jumpy, speaking very matter-of-factly--almost supportively--of trade rumours that popped up around draft time. I think he'd breathe a sigh of relief if he could get out of GB before he has to endure the unpleasant role of being the local fanz's bitching bee-yotch when Favre finally does retire.

Zool
07-24-2007, 09:34 AM

Was Steve Young a first rd pick? I think he was stuck behind Joe Montana for quite a while and he seemed to learn a lot by simply holding a clipboard.

Trading A-Rod for Culpepper is an utterly ridiculous notion.

Trading A-Rod may not be such a ridiculous idea if Favre has a better year than his last three have been.

A-Rod has already started to sound a little jumpy, speaking very matter-of-factly--almost supportively--of trade rumours that popped up around draft time. I think he'd breathe a sigh of relief if he could get out of GB before he has to endure the unpleasant role of being the local fanz's bitching bee-yotch when Favre finally does retire.He was drafted by Tampa and washed out there.

BooHoo
07-24-2007, 01:34 PM
I dunno, kids.

I agree with your thoughts. There is no pressure on TT to trade ARod. He was a first round pick and unless some team trades us a Number one pick for him, we have ARod on our roster for a few years.

HarveyWallbangers
08-30-2021, 11:27 PM
The Packers should trade Aaron Rodgers and go out and sign Dante Culpepper. Dante will have plenty of time to heal up while he is waiting for Brett to retire and A-Rod can go to a different team a stink it up for the next 3-5 years. TT should get what he can for A-Rod now (which probably isnt much).

Gay-rod is already mouthing off about trying to impress other teams. He is getting impatient and let's be honest, he's not the answer.

This was after two years. :)

th87
09-01-2021, 03:49 AM
YEAH, I have actually seen this! Just watch Gay-rod anytime he gets into a pre-season game. He stinks! I don't give a damn what the OTA reports say, you don't chalk up wins by winning over a couple of no-body reporters in practice. Aaron Rodgers stinks! God I hope I'm wrong. I really do. But I have watched enough football to know when a guy has it and when he doesnt.

God, fuck this guy. So confident in his idiocy.

smuggler
09-01-2021, 04:08 AM
What's woody up to nowadays?

bobblehead
09-01-2021, 10:45 AM
God, fuck this guy. So confident in his idiocy.

This reminds me of someone. Can't quick put my mouse on it.

red
09-01-2021, 06:22 PM
This reminds me of someone. Can't quick put my mouse on it.

Lol, yeah, you

bobblehead
09-01-2021, 07:31 PM
Lol, yeah, you

I was going with all of us to be honest, but if you want to make it personal...well, says a lot about you.

Upnorth
09-02-2021, 07:49 AM
I thought the mouse comment was directed at gbbrandon.
Reading this and the jordon love bandwagon thread back to back is am using.

Sparkey
09-02-2021, 10:25 AM
I thought the mouse comment was directed at gbbrandon.

Same thing I was thinking.

RashanGary
09-02-2021, 11:35 AM
I thought it was directed at Bretsky :-P

George Cumby
09-02-2021, 09:39 PM
I thought it was directed at Tex.

Someone should do a poll.

This thread is a walk down memory lane, I tell you.

smuggler
09-02-2021, 09:52 PM
Not enough The Shadow for my liking.

Bretsky
09-04-2021, 12:28 PM
https://www.facebook.com/WisconsinSportsHeroics/photos/a.2442933275942960/3306827652886847/

RashanGary
09-04-2021, 02:45 PM
https://www.facebook.com/WisconsinSportsHeroics/photos/a.2442933275942960/3306827652886847/

Is this yours or a friends site?

Bretsky
09-04-2021, 04:12 PM
Is this yours or a friends site?

I just copied it off my facebook page cause I thought it was interesting. I think somebody else posted it

RashanGary
09-04-2021, 09:40 PM
I just copied it off my facebook page cause I thought it was interesting. I think somebody else posted it

It just takes you to the general FB page, it doesn't show an article.