PDA

View Full Version : Rain....Storms....more rain

GrnBay007
07-18-2007, 06:16 PM
Anyone else getting hit with lots of rain and storms? Monday we got at least 3 inches, this morning from 2am-5am it was like fireworks going off non-stop....and 5 inches of rain. There are flood warnings out for this area as another storm with heavy rain is headed this way with up to 7 inches of rain.

They say the conversion of rain to snow is approx. 1 inch of rain = 10 inches of light fluffy snow.......thank goodness it's not winter and this is snow getting dumped. Lots are getting water in their basements though. I hate storms!!!!!!! :(

MJZiggy
07-18-2007, 06:21 PM
We've entered summer drought. We could use a little rain...

BallHawk
07-18-2007, 06:43 PM
It's storming now, but that's Florida for you.

Little Whiskey
07-18-2007, 06:47 PM
up until we three days ago, we haven't had a drop. it keeps missing us. the corn crop looks a bit on the sick side....not to mention my grass. but on the bright side i haven't had to break out the mower in a while either.

the_idle_threat
07-18-2007, 07:05 PM
I heard there's been a storm system just sitting over Iowa and Southwest Wisconsin. It was supposed to break loose and start moving eastward though during the day today. I don't know if it actually did.

GrnBay007
07-18-2007, 07:22 PM
I heard there's been a storm system just sitting over Iowa and Southwest Wisconsin. It was supposed to break loose and start moving eastward though during the day today. I don't know if it actually did.

NO :( It's raining and rumbling now.

Better not be like this next week. I have a deck to stain!

Joemailman
07-18-2007, 08:26 PM
The rain just keeps missing us in Wausau. We're under a severe thunderstorm watch, but I watered the garden anyway. Here's the current radar:
http://image.weather.com/web/radar/us_rst_closeradar_plus_usen.jpg

GrnBay007
07-18-2007, 08:36 PM
I watered the garden anyway.

Got any tomatoes yet? :D

Bretsky
07-18-2007, 08:41 PM
Right now we have two acres of yellow grass; at least I don't have to mow.

I'm not a lawn guy, but the rain keeps missing us day after day after day. I might have to get 007 to come over and do a naked rain dance :lol:

Joemailman
07-18-2007, 08:42 PM
About a thousand green ones. :(

oregonpackfan
07-18-2007, 09:41 PM
We have had rain the past two days which is very unusual for July in Western Oregon. The forecast is for more rain.

What is unfortunate is the rain is not making it eastward over the Cascade Mountains to Eastern Oregon. There are a number of wildfires going on now.

GBRulz
07-18-2007, 11:56 PM
Over by Bay Beach Amusement Park, most of the area is closed off due to trees and power lines down. Some of the trees that were uprooted were huge and the damage they caused by falling on houses was pretty substanstial. So weird how damaging this storm was on the east side of town but over here, we barely got a drop of rain. We certainly can use some, too.

packinpatland
07-19-2007, 07:34 AM
Rained all day yesterday here in southern CT. Was supposed to do the same today........woke up to crystal blue skies!
Truth is we need the rain.........my lawn is looking pretty sick.