PDA

View Full Version : Walker trade is final. Walker for 4 players (hate this deal)

wist43
04-30-2006, 07:14 PM
Denver gets:
Walker

Green Bay gets:
2nd rd (37th pick)

Green Bay trades:
2nd rd (37th pick), and 5th rd (139th pick)

to Atlanta for:
2nd rd (47th pick), 3rd rd (93rd), and 5th rd (148th pick)

Green Bay trades:
3rd rd (93rd pick)

to St. Louis for:
4th rd (109th pick), and 6th rd (183rd pick)

Green Bay trades:
4th rd (109th pick)

to Philadelphia for:
4th rd (115th pick), and 6th rd (185th pick)

------------------------

So, in total TT parlayed Walker into a 2nd, 4th, and two 6th round picks... I threw out the 5th round pick they picked up from Atlanta b/c all they did was swap picks, with Green Bay trading down 9 spots.

The ultimate take:
Rd Pick Player Position
2 47 Daryn Colledge OG
4 115 Will Blackmon CB
6 183 Johnny Jolly DT
6 185 Tyrone Culver FS

--------------------------

Of course, it will be a while before we have a handle on these guys, but the principle player in the deal is Colledge.

Colledge for Walker??? I hate that deal. TT's plan seems to have been to hide behind a smoke screen of players, in the hopes that one or two of them will turn out to be half way decent.

Javon Walker for a bunch of spit balls that TT hopes will stick to the wall???

I HATE THIS DEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even if two of these guys turn out to be players - I still HATE THIS DEAL!!!!!!!!!!!

Joemailman
04-30-2006, 07:18 PM
Walker is no longer a Green Bay Packer. I love this deal!

I'm sure tank will agree with you though.

Welcome to Tha Rat Pack Wist. :D

GBRulz
04-30-2006, 07:18 PM
I'm happy it's done and we've closed the book on that headcase.

I'm happy the way TT handled it and got rid of him before he became anymore of a problem.

RashanGary
04-30-2006, 07:25 PM
Talent wise I'm not happy but Walker was a total nut case and appeared to have no grasp on reality. You cannot give in to an idiot like that.

I think he's gonna get ripped off in Denver.

RashanGary
04-30-2006, 07:26 PM
Look what Minn got for their multilpe probowl QB...

Less than we got for our 1 time Probowl WR...

It wasn't super fair but considering the circumstances I think Thompson got everything possible.

Bretsky
04-30-2006, 07:27 PM
WIST,
Glad to have you here; I copied and pasted some of your more detailed posts from JS, but rarely if ever post there anymore.

Wish you'd have been around for the live draft thread; it was huge this year.

Until TT proves me wrong, I'm in complete agreement with you. The advantage undoubtedly goes to the Broncos on this one.

They receive one of the top 8 WR's in the draft, give up a high second round pick, and TT then turns that into a mid 2nd rounder and a bunch of projects.

Truth be told, I'd like better with this deal if we'd have just drafted Chad Jackson at WR with that spot. Some thought he was the top WR, and while a bit raw his skills are impressive.

That's not fair market for JW, but if it was truly the best we could get I'd feel better if we received the top WR to plug in.

Chad Jackson and Jimmy Williams were both sitting there and IMO had first round ability. Thompson took the easy way out and turned that pick into several lesser ones.

What bothered me even more is Thompson stated he would have taken the same OL if he'd have kept that pick.]

GREAT ANALYSIS; would love to see you in here more.

Cheers,
Bretsky

billy_oliver880
04-30-2006, 07:28 PM
Talent wise I'm not happy but Walker was a total nut case and appeared to have no grasp on reality. You cannot give in to an idiot like that.

I think he's gonna get ripped off in Denver.

Well he isn't our problem anymore...we have alot of young promising players that are eager to play for the pack. That is the important thing.

Rastak
04-30-2006, 07:30 PM
Greetings Wist good to see you. Look forward to your insights as the summer turns into training camp.

Bretsky
04-30-2006, 07:30 PM

But Nick, we did give in.

GBRulz
04-30-2006, 07:32 PM
I posted this one of the of many other walker threads that are already out there but I read on the Bronco's official site he is about to sign a 6 year deal with a $10 mil signing bonus.

fans over there for the most part are excited about getting him, but a few are skeptical of that kind of money because of his ACL..

gbpackfan
04-30-2006, 07:37 PM
Happy he is gone and I am ready to start a new DEFENSIVE ERA in GB!

Joemailman
04-30-2006, 07:40 PM
Bretsky,

I guess giving in is one way to look at it. I prefer to think we cut our losses. Walker was not going to do anything but cause problems here. I don't really disagree with you about Chad Jackson. I guess we'll just have to wait and see who is a better pro, Colledge or Jackson.

wist43
04-30-2006, 08:12 PM
Shanahan sees Walkers value, ponied up a 2nd round pick, and signed him to a long term extension.

That's what good GM's do.

They spend millions in scouting players - when you find a blue-chip, pro bowl calibur player, that plays a position that can change games, you acquire him, and sign him to a long term deal.

Shanahan get it - TT does not.

------------

That said, I'm generally Okay with the draft... some very interesting players there. I love the Hodge pick.

RashanGary
04-30-2006, 08:16 PM
Wist,

Did you listen to TT's conferences. He said he's focusing on getting smart, tough football playres. He made it a point not to be blinded by 40 times. What do you think of that?

MJZiggy
04-30-2006, 08:16 PM
And that player re-blows his knee and ends up on the bench for another year--or it takes a couple of years for the knee to be pre-injury form and by the time he is effective again, age has caught up with him and he never returns to true form.

MadtownPacker
04-30-2006, 08:49 PM
Whats up Wist?

I hate losing walker too but the truth is he hated the Packers even more. I really would have liked this all to have worked out by he made it impossible.

b bulldog
04-30-2006, 08:49 PM
He needed to go and a second rounder wasn't bad imo.

wist43
04-30-2006, 08:52 PM
Nick,

I like the draft for the most part. In particular, I like Hawk and Hodge quite a bit.

My impressions of the others are still taking shape, but I like what I've read of Jolly and Tollefson (health is his issue).

For this draft to be a success though, I think Colledge needs to be penciled in as the starting LG from day 1, and Jennings needs to step into the number 3 WR spot before too long.

Our return issues seem to have been addressed with Jennings, Rodgers, or Blackmon. Spitz is tough, but not the greatest athlete in the world. The rest I'm still learning about.

For me, Hodge makes this draft... I don't see how they can kep him out of the starting lineup. Even if it means lining him on the strong side. He's simply too tough, physical, and instinctive not to have on the field.

P.S. Good to see everybody... I lost track of you guys after C-E.

RashanGary
04-30-2006, 09:01 PM
I thought you'd like this group wist....

I thought you'd be doing back flips when you heard tough, smart players and 40 times arn't everything.....

You've been saying that for a while...

The guys you said should start and need to play for this draft to be a success are word for word what I was thinking and said a few times here and there. I really hope we get 3 starters right away. Hawk, Hodge, Colledge and Jennings contributes as the #3 WR.

I'm not as big on Hodge as you but I think he'll be Kampman like at his postion. Hawk will be a star so we came away with at least 1 true playmaker.

MJZiggy
04-30-2006, 09:05 PM
Can't we wait to see how they do in camp before we give them a starting slot?

wist43
04-30-2006, 09:24 PM
I've seen enough of Hawk and Hodge to state up front that they should both be on the field from day 1.

The reason I contend that Colledge should start from day 1 is b/c of what we gave up to get him - Javon Walker. Colledge better start, damn it. Beyond that, the Packers interior OL is very, very weak... How could a 2nd round pick not start given the competition??? If he doesn't start, then his draft status isn't justified, which means that TT screwed up the pick, and the trade.

Even if Colledge turns out to be a good pro, I'm still steaming about the Walker fiasco.

b bulldog
04-30-2006, 09:27 PM
Jimmy Johnson was really high on Hawk and Hodge. I listen when he talks NFL draft.

FritzDontBlitz
04-30-2006, 09:44 PM
i think its just fascinating that one year wonders like walker get so much praise and attention from the fans and the prognosticators even after he went headcase as soon as he has his first decent season. dude has serious issues, and they will simmer to the surface in denver just like they did in green bay.

teddy had to get rid of him the best way he could. i don't like letting walker go either, but he made himself impossible to keep.

the league needs to remove that last six games clause from the cba to prevent crap like that from being used as a negotiating ploy to force a deal, or you can expect to see more players using it....

FritzDontBlitz
04-30-2006, 09:50 PM
Denver gets:
Walker

Green Bay gets:
2nd rd (37th pick)

Green Bay trades:
2nd rd (37th pick), and 5th rd (139th pick)

to Atlanta for:
2nd rd (47th pick), 3rd rd (93rd), and 5th rd (148th pick)

Green Bay trades:
3rd rd (93rd pick)

to St. Louis for:
4th rd (109th pick), and 6th rd (183rd pick)

Green Bay trades:
4th rd (109th pick)

to Philadelphia for:
4th rd (115th pick), and 6th rd (185th pick)

------------------------

So, in total TT parlayed Walker into a 2nd, 4th, and two 6th round picks... I threw out the 5th round pick they picked up from Atlanta b/c all they did was swap picks, with Green Bay trading down 9 spots.

The ultimate take:
Rd Pick Player Position
2 47 Daryn Colledge OG
4 115 Will Blackmon CB
6 183 Johnny Jolly DT
6 185 Tyrone Culver FS

--------------------------

Of course, it will be a while before we have a handle on these guys, but the principle player in the deal is Colledge.

Colledge for Walker??? I hate that deal. TT's plan seems to have been to hide behind a smoke screen of players, in the hopes that one or two of them will turn out to be half way decent.

Javon Walker for a bunch of spit balls that TT hopes will stick to the wall???

I HATE THIS DEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even if two of these guys turn out to be players - I still HATE THIS DEAL!!!!!!!!!!!

getting two good players for one is always a good deal.

walker DID NOT WANT TO PLAY FOR THE GREEN BAY PACKERS. how many times do you need to hear it before you realize you needed to let him go and get what you could?