PDA

View Full Version : Post Draft Cristl Chat!

mraynrand
04-30-2006, 07:32 PM
Oatmealhead From Oskosh: Cliff, thanks for doing these chats. You the man. That being said, I think the Packers reached too far with a bunch of their picks today. Thoughts?

Cliff Cristl: Oatmealhead, what the hell do you know about evaluating talent? Are you an NFL scout? Did you spend the last year scouting and evaluating the players coming out of college? It amazes me how so many Packer fans think they know more than the GMs and scouts around the league that they can judge better which picks were good or bad before they’ve ever stepped on the field. Most Scouts say it takes three years to evaluate a draft, so to speculate at this point would be pointless.

Bob from Baltimore: Clff, I thought the Packers could have taken Marcus Vick. He would have added a ‘slash-like’ dimension to the offense.

Cliff Cristl: Frankly Bob, that’s just idiotic. Did some draftnik on ESPN or HBO tell you that? It’s unbelievable how many of you listen to those talking heads who never played the game or had to scout players. Just because Mel Kiper thinks a pick is ‘good value’ doesn’t make it so.

Randy Hanson of Tyler Texas: Cliff, I can’t believe that Ted Thompson didn’t take a QB higher. AJ Hawk? You’ve got to be kidding me! After Houston passed on Bush and Young, the Packers could have traded up to get Young. There was a difference maker. Thompson can’t be satisfied with Favre. Didn’t he watch the games last year? Favre basically threw the season away. There were 4-5 games where the Packers would have won if not for a bone-headed play by Favre. They were a playoff team if not for the terrible play at QB. Yet Thompson thinks he can get by with Favre, a guy who is obviously over the hill and doesn’t want the ball in the last two minutes – by his own admission. And who is waiting in the Wings? Noodle arm Jerry Tagge look alike A-rod. I mean the Packers are stating to look like 1974 all over again. And TT drafts Hawk. Sure he’s a good LB, but Vernon Davis would have been more explosive. And all that trading down to draft the NFL bilge players instead of picking the number one WR in the Draft. Bill Belichick knows what he was doing when he suckered TT out of that pick. The Packers are headed into the toilet.

Cliff Cristl: Randy are you taking your meds? Did you watch the team last year. The Packers were playing with NFL Europe talent and Favre kept them in a lot of games. And what makes you so certain the Packer picks won’t work out? I think it’s crazy to evaluate the draft at this stage. How could the Packers have gotten Young? They might have had to give away their entire draft and a number one next year to get him

Packer fan stuck in Detroit: HI Cliffy. Well, Matt Millen got the best picks again. Sims is a beast and will make AJ Hawk look like someone’s bitch. Sims is the second coming of Derrick Brooks. Plus the ball hawking DB from Nebraska will run circles around the slow-footed GB receivers, and Calhoun has round one speed. Great value! The lions are back because of Matt Millen.

Cliff Cristl: I have to agree with you PF in Detroit. Millen got great value and some very talented players.

Jeb from U.P. Hi Cliff. Love your columns and your weblogs and your no-nonsense approach to the Packers. It’s so hard to tolerate all these Koolaid drinkers who think Jennings is the next Jerry Rice. That being said, are you a Packer fan? Do you care if the Packers win? Do you cheer for the team in the booth? Do you enjoy watching a great talent like Favre and the NFL game?

Cliff Cristl: Jeb, I don’t care one way or another. I’m just there to cover the game. It’s just a job. In fact I hate my job. Hating it makes me more objective. I don’t cheer for the Packers or care whether they win or lose and I don’t enjoy watching Favre. I’d just as soon watch Jerry Tagge – he at least was good for some controversy after the game. That makes for more juicy reporting.

Sled Dog from Larium: Cliff, you said you shouldn’t evaluate a draft before three years, yet you said you liked Millen’s picks. Is that objective?

Cliff Cristl: I know people don’t like the fact that I support Millen. I don’t think Millen is necessarily any better than any other GM, but I take issue when people say he couldn’t do the job because he was just an announcer and former LB. I think you have to let his performance speak for itself.

Joe from Jefferson county: Cliff, aren’t you being hypocritical in saying Millen should be given the benefit of the doubt. First you say us know-nothings shouldn’t comment, and then you say that Millen, a relative know-nothing should be given free reign as GM. Then you say he should be judged on performance, and all he’s done is field a sucky team that loses all the time. What gives?

Cliff Cristl: Look, I don’t have to explain anything to you idiots who think you know about the game of football. None of us do. Only the GMs and scouts that have put 5,10, or 50 years in should even be allowed to comment.

Packer fan in Tampa: Cliff, you say you’re not a fan, but in “Mudbaths and Bloodbaths” your book about the Packer-Bears Rivalry, you have way more pictures of the Bears and you talk more lovingly about the Bears. Are you a closet Bears fan?

Cliff Cristl: I told you, I hate pro football. I’m not a fan. I like the game of football and like watching High School games. I can’t stand my job and only do it to put food on the table. I hate talking with you idiots because you know nothing. I contemplate putting a shotgun in my mouth every time the JS makes me do these chats. Good night!

billy_oliver880
04-30-2006, 07:44 PM
Wow Cliff was in a pissy mood! :lol: :lol: :lol:

GBRulz
04-30-2006, 07:51 PM
Wow Cliffy.... that's pissy, even by your normal standards!

potsdam_11
04-30-2006, 07:54 PM
I don't agree, I think that might be the funniest thing Cliff has ever written.. in fact that's the best laugh I have had in while...

That's hysterical.... :D :D :D

son of a vic
04-30-2006, 07:57 PM
are you sure that wasn't a chat with Mrs. Cristl during p.m.s week?

billy_oliver880
04-30-2006, 07:58 PM
If he doesn't like doing the chats...then WHY do them?

RashanGary
04-30-2006, 08:02 PM
LOL...

I'm kind of surprised he writes that crap. He needs to find a new line of work. He needs to relax as well. I can't believe how bad he just complained. What a baby.

MJZiggy
04-30-2006, 08:08 PM
I'll be looking for his obit in tomorrow's edition.

billy_oliver880
04-30-2006, 08:09 PM
LOL...

I'm kind of surprised he writes that crap. He needs to find a new line of work. He needs to relax as well. I can't believe how bad he just complained. What a baby.

I am sure mcdonalds is hiring. :lol:

No Mo Moss
04-30-2006, 08:10 PM
Well imagine dealing with idiots from message boards who ask the same question over and over and think they know everything. Still he's old and krusty.

oregonpackfan
04-30-2006, 08:24 PM
Whoa! I always thought Christl was direct and honest, sometimes painfully blunt. But wow, was he ever in a VERY bad mood!

Oregonpackfan

oregonpackfan
04-30-2006, 08:26 PM
Still he's old and krusty.[/quote]

"Old and crusty?" Have you been talking to my teen-aged daughters about ME or are your referring to Christl?:)

Oregonpackfan

mraynrand
04-30-2006, 08:29 PM
Guys and Gals! It was a joke! I guess I made it too realistic.

billy_oliver880
04-30-2006, 08:39 PM
Guys and Gals! It was a joke! I guess I made it too realistic.

Don't worry bud...we got the joke. :D

RashanGary
04-30-2006, 08:51 PM
LOL....

That was good. I was thinking "how the hell can he even write that crap" That was friggin hilarious. You are a fu**er.....

billy_oliver880
04-30-2006, 08:57 PM
Can we get you to do chats for this site? :lol:

Murphy37
04-30-2006, 09:24 PM
Wow! Great thread. Fooled me up until the end.

VegasPackFan
04-30-2006, 10:08 PM
LMAO!!

Great post - I could almost see Cliff snapping some day and doing this type of chat.

GrnBay007
04-30-2006, 10:16 PM
My favorite line: Frankly Bob, that's just idiotic.

Good one! I was thinking....man, this guy needs a Lorazapam quick!

RashanGary
04-30-2006, 11:09 PM
I liked the one at the end "I don't have to explain anything to you idiots"

I was like WTF...He's being a little harsh....

Guiness
04-30-2006, 11:13 PM
I thought it was little much, but figured it out when he agreed with the guy that Millen got the best picks, again. :lol:

That should be your new sig "Frankly Bob, that's just idiotic"

BF4MVP
04-30-2006, 11:16 PM
LMFAO!

That was just amazing :lol:

GrnBay007
04-30-2006, 11:17 PM
But what if there's a poster named Bob.......and he would feel bad everytime he saw it. :razz:

mraynrand
08-23-2006, 09:01 AM
This was the first one, 007, with fake questions and answers