PDA

View Full Version : Grade The Packer Draft

GrnBay007
04-30-2006, 10:04 PM
Give the Packer draft (as a whole) a grade based what you have seen and read about the players drafted.

HarveyWallbangers
04-30-2006, 10:26 PM
Where's B+?

GrnBay007
04-30-2006, 10:40 PM
Where's B+?

.....always has to be one in the crowd :roll:

Use a B or an A-

RashanGary
04-30-2006, 11:07 PM
I wanted to use B+. Instead I used A- but I think that is way early to be giving A's....

GrnBay007
04-30-2006, 11:12 PM
If I had listed all.....A+, A, A- and so on it would have been a huge pool
If I had listed A+, A, B+, B.....people would have wanted A-, B- included.
I figured a B would suffice for B+

........poll masters just can't win. :cry:

Joemailman
04-30-2006, 11:22 PM
I voted A-. Give TT lot of credit for sticking with the Hawk pick when he could have traded down or taken Davis. I liked the fact that he took a guy (Rogers) who may be the kick returner we are looking for. This was a strong year for TE, so I was a little disappointed he didn't take a shot there.

My guess is Tank will have a slightly different take on things. :roll:

Guiness
04-30-2006, 11:35 PM
Anyone know how Miami got our pick at the top of the 7th?

I don't remember having any dealing with them. Freeman came from Miami, but I thought he was a FA.

Tony Oday
05-01-2006, 12:28 AM
I said A- however I think it was a B+ until we see how the WR react to the NFL and how the linemen play.

Hawk is a stud and Hodge is another stud I cannot wait to see those two with Barnett :)

HarveyWallbangers
05-01-2006, 12:29 AM
Sherman traded it for OT Brad Bedell.

RashanGary
05-01-2006, 12:32 AM
LOL....Everytime shermans name is mentioned it's like a bad dream

Partial
05-01-2006, 01:10 AM
I think it could have been better.

I realize day 2 is where you go for potential and take some risks, but when there is a solid player than immediately contribute or at the very least be one of the best backups in the league you take him. They really should have drafted Eslinger at some point. He was too perfect for the scheme not to take.

Partial
05-01-2006, 01:12 AM
I also think the Greg Jennings pick was good.

If you ask me, the fact the Steelers refused to sit tight and pick-up Chad Jackson speaks volumes to me about his ability. He's all measurables and very little production.

I think this guy will be great!!

GrnBay007
05-01-2006, 06:56 AM
bump

swede
05-01-2006, 07:26 AM
If Wolf used to say that three starters was a good draft, then this year it was vitally important to hit on four new players b/c the talent base is so thin. I think we may have done that.

1.Hawk-- He plays like Mike Singletary w/o the scary eyes. His feet are always going and, when he goes, he goes in a straight line like a missile. Instant starter.

2.Colledge-- We will really like this kid. He'll be another Kenny Ruettgers! (Hopefully without the annual holdouts.) I think he starts to begin the season.

3. Abdul Hodge-- Did you see the film on this guy! He looked like the Tasmanian Devil on the field. Just try to keep this guy off the playing field. He will at least play situationally.

4. Somehow one of the new athletic speed players (Jennings, Rodgers, Blackmon) will contribute as a kick returner, punt returner, or #3 or #4 receiver.

I called this draft a B because I like what I see in the top six drafted, and I thought most of the trade downs brought us a few good shots at special teams players or contributors down the road.

HarveyWallbangers
05-01-2006, 08:20 AM
I'd give Green Bay a B+. Liked some of the picks. Didn't like some. Overall, it was probably good, but they don't deserve anything better because they passed on Reggie McNeal for Ingle Martin, Greg Eslinger for Tony Moll, and Demetrius Williams for Cory Rodgers.

MadtownPacker
05-01-2006, 08:29 AM
Wow, grading put nicely compared to last season.

Who is this years Collins (pick everyone hated but turned out to be the best one)?