PDA

View Full Version : Charles Tillman extended

packers11
07-24-2007, 03:53 PM
pft.com

BEARS PAY PEANUT

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that the Chicago Bears have struck a deal with cornerback Charles Tillman on a contract extension.

It's a six-year deal worth $41.5 million, and the contract includes $18.5 million in guaranteed money.

Last month, the Bears signed cornerback Nathan Vasher to a six-year, $28 million contract, with $14 million in bonuses and a total payout of $15.6 million through 2008.

Still waiting for a long-term deal (and we hope he's not holding his breath) is linebacker Lance Briggs, the team's franchise player. Briggs has been tendered a one-year deal worth $7.2 million, but he has not yet accepted the offer.

packers11
07-24-2007, 03:54 PM
Briggs :butt: Bears

He must be really pissed off, thats two players they extended...

packers11
07-24-2007, 03:57 PM
And once again im happy that somehow T.T. signs Harris to a lower contract...

Tillman is over-payed in my opinion, anyone remember the Carolina playoff game... Steve Smith had 200 something yards on him... That same year,
Harris vs Steve Smith = 11 yards...

Atleast T.T. knows how to get bargins with contracts 8-)

Rastak
07-24-2007, 04:08 PM
And once again im happy that somehow T.T. signs Harris to a lower contract...

Tillman is over-payed in my opinion, anyone remember the Carolina playoff game... Steve Smith had 200 something yards on him... That same year,
Harris vs Steve Smith = 11 yards...

Atleast T.T. knows how to get bargins with contracts 8-)

Smith was playing out of his head that year. I like Tillman. Most teams have enough cap to pay these kind of salaries and it avoids the training camp holdout because I'm underpaid deal. It'll be interesting to see what the Vikings do with Pat Williams. He had a monster year but he's getting old. The Vikings are 3rd in available cap right now but how much cash do you give a 35 yo player?

packers11
07-24-2007, 06:01 PM
how much cash do you give a 35 yo player?

A lot of incentives... Giving contracts to players especially DT's over 35 is a risky business...

Cheesehead Craig
07-24-2007, 06:03 PM

A lot of incentives... Giving contracts to players especially DT's over 35 is a risky business...
Only if the player is willing to accept that deal. Fact is, there's a bunch of teams willing to give old PHATTY a fat amount of guaranteed money. He's a difference maker, even at his age and will be for at least 3 more seasons, IMO. Vikes need to pay him.

Rastak
07-24-2007, 06:05 PM

He's going to want money in the bank, not incentives. He wants the garuntees other less productive DT's are getting. It's a tricky situation.

MJZiggy
07-24-2007, 06:15 PM

He's going to want money in the bank, not incentives. He wants the garuntees other less productive DT's are getting. It's a tricky situation.

Wouldn't it make sense for the Vikes to do a Woodson-type deal where he gets the big chunk of change at the beginning of the contract and let it taper off in the later years? That way you use up available space and can cut him if his production falls off...

Rastak
07-24-2007, 07:10 PM

Wouldn't it make sense for the Vikes to do a Woodson-type deal where he gets the big chunk of change at the beginning of the contract and let it taper off in the later years? That way you use up available space and can cut him if his production falls off...

Yes, that's how I'd do it. Try and spread it out over two years if I could with small base salaries.

BEARMAN
07-25-2007, 07:30 AM
Peanut is gonna make farve look like a rookie ! :twisted:

Jerry Tagge
07-25-2007, 01:40 PM
Do you think Tillman will actually only play 10 yards off the receiver now instead of 15?

Maybe Tillman might even come up with an interception or 2. That is if he ever gets close enough to the receiver.

KYPack
07-25-2007, 05:55 PM
Do you think Tillman will actually only play 10 yards off the receiver now instead of 15?

Maybe Tillman might even come up with an interception or 2. That is if he ever gets close enough to the receiver.

Gettum, JT!

Dabaddestbear
07-26-2007, 12:09 AM

Wow, I come in on nonsense...lol.

Tillman plays off when in zone. Or if he knows the WR will obviously just keep running deep. And as much as some of you may blast the Bears CB's keep in mind Tillman and Vasher form the only cornerback tandem in the NFL to each record double-digit interceptions with the same team over the past two seasons, and their 21 combined interceptions during that span are the most by an NFC cornerback duo and tied for second in the NFL.

HarveyWallbangers
07-26-2007, 12:16 AM
Welcome back, fellas. Kind of funny how one of you didn't make one post after the Super Bowl until the end of April, and the other waited until July. That loss stung, didn't it?

GrnBay007
07-26-2007, 12:22 AM
Welcome back, fellas. That loss stung, didn't it?

:flm: Burn Baby, Burn :flm:

welcome back Dabaddestbear........but time for a new siggy, that one really never was funny

Dabaddestbear
07-26-2007, 04:28 AM
Welcome back, fellas. Kind of funny how one of you didn't make one post after the Super Bowl until the end of April, and the other waited until July. That loss stung, didn't it?
Well actually I was posting on the jsonline site after the SB.

But if you go to the Colts forum thats where most of my post went on the day after the SB. You know the other team that actually made it to the playoffs and to the SB? A team that didnt even sniff the playoffs the past few years should not even whisper an insulting idea about a team that made it to the SB.
I only rattle you guys cages when I feel the need to correct and crush your hopes of having any season worth mentioning beyond WI. But it will be fun again this year...lol.

MadtownPacker
07-26-2007, 07:48 AM
Yup, you sure have alot to brag about after the 2006 season. Just like all of us bragged about the 1997 season. :?:

Dont forget, 2nd is just the first loser.

HarveyWallbangers
07-26-2007, 09:16 AM
Dont forget, 2nd is just the first loser.

Yep, losing the Super Bowl blows. We've lost one of them in our four trips to the Super Bowl. It was fun getting there, but once you lose it, it almost renders the season meaningless.

Scott Campbell
07-26-2007, 09:31 AM
Peanut is gonna make Favre look like a rookie ! :twisted:

How much is Grossman paying the Bears?

Jerry Tagge
07-26-2007, 11:43 AM

Tillman plays off when in zone. Or if he knows the WR will obviously just keep running deep. And as much as some of you may blast the Bears CB's keep in mind Tillman and Vasher form the only cornerback tandem in the NFL to each record double-digit interceptions with the same team over the past two seasons, and their 21 combined interceptions during that span are the most by an NFC cornerback duo and tied for second in the NFL.
What in the Gary Hogeboom are you doing here? Man, I thought you went the way of the Edsel.

Let me do some simple math for you, since you're obviously a product of the Chicago Public School system. 21 intereceptions/2 years = 10.5 interceptions. 10.5 interceptions/2 players = 5.25 interceptions.

Now, when you look at the numbers that way, instead of your Chicago Public School system way, it's not that impressive. I mean, Charles Woodson had 8 interceptions last year. Did Vasher or "Peanut" get that many?

Tillman only plays off the receiver in zone? Then I guess the Bears are in zone every time Tillman is on the field.

Sorry BaddestClown, but your sophistry doesn't fly here. We're Packers fans. We're smarter than you.

Dabaddestbear
07-26-2007, 05:46 PM

What in the Gary Hogeboom are you doing here? Man, I thought you went the way of the Edsel.

Let me do some simple math for you, since you're obviously a product of the Chicago Public School system. 21 intereceptions/2 years = 10.5 interceptions. 10.5 interceptions/2 players = 5.25 interceptions.

Now, when you look at the numbers that way, instead of your Chicago Public School system way, it's not that impressive. I mean, Charles Woodson had 8 interceptions last year. Did Vasher or "Peanut" get that many?

Tillman only plays off the receiver in zone? Then I guess the Bears are in zone every time Tillman is on the field.

Sorry BaddestClown, but your sophistry doesn't fly here. We're Packers fans. We're smarter than you.
what you think is one thing, but the FACT still remains that Tillman and Vasher form the only cornerback tandem in the NFL to each record double-digit interceptions with the same team over the past two seasons, and their 21 combined interceptions during that span are the most by an NFC cornerback duo and tied for second in the NFL. Oh, by the way I graduated from the Milwaukee Public School system while aot of fellow classmates that are packer fans could not.

Iron Mike
07-26-2007, 10:57 PM

what you think is one thing, but the FACT still remains that Tillman and Vasher form the only cornerback tandem in the NFL to each record double-digit interceptions with the same team over the past two seasons, and their 21 combined interceptions during that span are the most by an NFC cornerback duo and tied for second in the NFL. Oh, by the way I graduated from the Milwaukee Public School system while aot of fellow classmates that are packer fans could not.

See that edit button on the top right? You should use it when you make a spelling error. Otherwise us stupid Packer fans might think that you are more stupid than we are. 8-)

cpk1994
07-27-2007, 01:07 AM

ooh, stinging post you really got us with that one. By they way, The pack doesn't have to make Grossman look a rookie because Wrecks does that all by himself.

MadtownPacker
07-27-2007, 02:09 AM

ooh, stinging post you really got us with that one. By they way, The pack doesn't have to make Grossman look a rookie because Wrecks does that all by himself.Let's be fair, rookie haven't gotten their chance to prove themselves. Wrex has clearly shown he sucks.

No need to insult rookies by comparing them to a failure of a QB who only won games because of his team's defense. :D

Jerry Tagge
07-27-2007, 10:29 AM

Aren't you impressed by my use of the word sophistry? I thought you might like it.

cpk1994
07-27-2007, 10:48 AM

ooh, stinging post you really got us with that one. By they way, The pack doesn't have to make Grossman look a rookie because Wrecks does that all by himself.Let's be fair, rookie haven't gotten their chance to prove themselves. Wrex has clearly shown he sucks.

No need to insult rookies by comparing them to a failure of a QB who only won games because of his team's defense. :D

Im sorry, I forgot. Where was my head. Just to note though that in the last game of the season, ARod equaled Wrecks' QB rating without taking a single snap. :D