PDA

View Full Version : Hall signed

PaCkFan_n_MD
07-25-2007, 09:28 AM
Sorry if it's posted somewhere else.

The Green Bay Packers were down to three unsigned draft choices Tuesday after fullback Korey Hall joined the fold.

Hall, a sixth-round selection from Boise State, signed what was expected to be a four-year contract. He will try to make the conversion from linebacker.

Still unsigned are defensive tackle Justin Harrell (first round), running back Brandon Jackson (second round) and wide receiver James Jones (third round).

All players are to report Thursday, go through physical exams and a testing run Friday and practice for the first time Saturday at 2 p.m.

CaliforniaCheez
07-25-2007, 12:03 PM
http://i.packers.com/pg/2007-05-19/photo20.jpg

He seems to have impressed Edgar.

4and12to12and4
07-25-2007, 12:15 PM
Sorry if it's posted somewhere else.

The Green Bay Packers were down to three unsigned draft choices Tuesday after fullback Korey Hall joined the fold.

Hall, a sixth-round selection from Boise State, signed what was expected to be a four-year contract. He will try to make the conversion from linebacker.

Still unsigned are defensive tackle Justin Harrell (first round), running back Brandon Jackson (second round) and wide receiver James Jones (third round).
All players are to report Thursday, go through physical exams and a testing run Friday and practice for the first time Saturday at 2 p.m.

Well, at least Hall is signed, who cares about the top three picks!! :pc:

Get 'em signed TT, what the hell?

The Leaper
07-25-2007, 01:07 PM

Thompson just picks them, he doesn't sign them.

Chester Marcol
07-25-2007, 02:28 PM

Thompson just picks them, he doesn't sign them.

It seems that teams wait for other teams ahead of them to sign their higher round picks so they can gauge what to spend. I haven't heard of many 1st round picks ahead of us signing either.

4and12to12and4
07-25-2007, 02:28 PM
Well then, somebody sign 'em for god sakes!! Isn't it a bit abnormal for all three picks to still not have a deal nearing the end of July?

Patler
07-25-2007, 02:51 PM
Well then, somebody sign 'em for god sakes!! Isn't it a bit abnormal for all three picks to still not have a deal nearing the end of July?

Not unusual at all. Last year:

Hawk - 7/29
Colledge - 7/27
Jennings - 7/24
Hodge - 7/28
Spitz - 7/26
Rodgers - 7/25
Blackmon - 7/14

Patler
07-25-2007, 02:54 PM
2005 signings:

Rodgers - 7/30
Collins - 7/28
Murphy - 7/28
Underwood - 7/25
Poppinga - 7/25

HarveyWallbangers
07-25-2007, 02:55 PM
The top picks are the ones that always are late. There's not a lot of wiggle room in the contracts for late round picks--while top picks are often waiting on others to get signed. Agents don't want to be the one setting the market--especially if they don't set it high enough.

KYPack
07-25-2007, 05:59 PM
2005 signings:

Rodgers - 7/30
Collins - 7/28
Murphy - 7/28
Underwood - 7/25
Poppinga - 7/25

When the salary slots are established, the picks all sign.

Agents don't want a rep as a "hold-out hero".

Rastak
07-25-2007, 06:18 PM
The top picks are the ones that always are late. There's not a lot of wiggle room in the contracts for late round picks--while top picks are often waiting on others to get signed. Agents don't want to be the one setting the market--especially if they don't set it high enough.

Very true, although the guys around Quinn will be interesting given the agents stance. They may want to wait and cash in as PFT's Florio mused.
That makes alot of sense. I would guess GB and Harrell wouldn't be much affected though.

retailguy
07-25-2007, 07:32 PM

I tried, but Harrell wouldn't sign for $400 and $8.50 an hour. That's all I've got. :P

Guess we'll have to wait for the turtle. I hear he left the airport yesterday headed towards Lambeau.

He'll be there tomorrow. :wink:

MJZiggy
07-25-2007, 07:36 PM
He can get there whenever he wants. Andrew Brandt negotiates the contracts...

retailguy
07-25-2007, 07:47 PM

You obviously did not get the memo that ole' Ted is the evil dictator, huh?

woodbuck27
07-26-2007, 02:39 PM

You obviously did not get the memo that ole' Ted is the evil dictator, huh?

Is that the memo. . . with the cabbage patch doll letterhead format?