PDA

View Full Version : POSTERS GAME...*updated* Tailgate party poll

GBRulz
07-26-2007, 02:16 PM
Hey everyone!

Before you know it, pre-season will be here...only a couple weeks away!! On that note, I figured that I better start getting some info from you guys who are attending the PR posters game vs. Da Bears.

There is a good chance that a fair number of people are coming to the tailgate but not going to the game. My source for tickets fell through and it is extremely difficult to get them for this game. I'm still working on it though, but like I said previously, I have no problem not attending the game and just getting together for the tailgate party. It's not like we'll all be sitting together at the game anyhow.

If you can please PM me if you are going to the game OR if you are simply wanting to attend the tailgate at least, that would be great. I need to start getting a ballpark figure as to how many people will be coming. Once we have a number as to how many are going, I will start throwing out ideas for the tailgate party and vice versa.

Mad or any mod - can you sticky this for me, please?

Rastak
07-26-2007, 02:21 PM
Hey everyone!

Before you know it, pre-season will be here...only a couple weeks away!! On that note, I figured that I better start getting some info from you guys who are attending the PR posters game vs. Da Bears.

There is a good chance that a fair number of people are coming to the tailgate but not going to the game. My source for tickets fell through and it is extremely difficult to get them for this game. I'm still working on it though, but like I said previously, I have no problem not attending the game and just getting together for the tailgate party. It's not like we'll all be sitting together at the game anyhow.

If you can please PM me if you are going to the game OR if you are simply wanting to attend the tailgate at least, that would be great. I need to start getting a ballpark figure as to how many people will be coming. Once we have a number as to how many are going, I will start throwing out ideas for the tailgate party and vice versa.

Mad or any mod - can you sticky this for me, please?

I intended to but in an hour or so I'll find out if I need ankle surgery for my tennis mishap. If I do, the PR game is in doubt.

Jerry Tagge
07-26-2007, 02:34 PM
Probably not, as I'm in the process of making a major change in my life.

Tarlam!
07-26-2007, 02:35 PM
YYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

wist43
07-26-2007, 02:37 PM
Would like to come... may have to work though.

Tar, are you really going to go??? Making the trip over???

MJZiggy
07-26-2007, 02:38 PM
I intended to but in an hour or so I'll find out if I need ankle surgery for my tennis mishap. If I do, the PR game is in doubt.

Wrap it up and schedule surgery for Oct. 9.

Tarlam!
07-26-2007, 02:41 PM
Would like to come... may have to work though.

Tar, are you really going to go??? Making the trip over???

Absolutely.

Flights booked, Hotel booked, tickets purchesed. Nuthin' left to do but count down the Sundays....

:drma:

MadtownPacker
07-26-2007, 02:45 PM
Bring an extra pillow for me Aussie.. :alc:

Tarlam!
07-26-2007, 02:50 PM

No worries Mad.

Bring earplugs against my snorring and a clothes peg for yor nose, since I fart uncontrolably in my sleep!

:bump:

packinpatland
07-26-2007, 03:22 PM

Wrap it up and schedule surgery for Oct. 9.

You unsympathetic soul you!!!

Yes, I will be there...........got cheap flights, that makes up for the 'gouging' I took on the tickets. :wink:

MJZiggy
07-26-2007, 03:25 PM
Ahh, but you'll be fairly near me. Close enough to visit at halftime...

oregonpackfan
07-26-2007, 03:47 PM
I will be there! My flight is already booked and I am staying with a sister in Sheboygan.

I am looking for a spare ticket as I want to attend the game as well. I definitely am looking forward to meeting my fellow PackerRats! :)

HarveyWallbangers
07-26-2007, 03:59 PM

Superfan, Rastak, and I already have dibs to his floor.
:D

LL2
07-26-2007, 04:26 PM
I will not be there, but will be at Lambeau Field for the Chargers game. Anyone else there for that one?

superfan
07-27-2007, 01:01 AM
I'm not yet sure about game tickets, maybe we should arrange something where those who don't have tickets but are in town meet somewhere to watch the game.

MadtownPacker
07-27-2007, 02:04 AM
I'm not yet sure about game tickets, maybe we should arrange something where those who don't have tickets but are in town meet somewhere to watch the game.Well the answer is obvious... GBM's house!

GBRulz
07-27-2007, 07:27 AM
How about BF4's dorm room? :wink:

Come on BF4 and JustinHarrel - I know you guys live here in GB, there is no excuse why you can't meet us for the tailgate party !!

GBRulz
07-27-2007, 07:28 AM

Hopefully not becoming a Bears fan :satan:

Jerry Tagge
07-27-2007, 10:26 AM

Hopefully not becoming a Bears fan :satan:
I said change, not going insane. :D

Tarlam!
07-27-2007, 10:54 AM

Superfan, Rastak, and I already have dibs to his floor.

Yeah! Bring those sleeping bags!! Party Party Party!!

:wave:

MJZiggy
07-27-2007, 11:02 AM
HAHAHAHA!!! Oh the irony...

MadtownPacker
07-27-2007, 11:05 AM

Come on BF4 and JustinHarrel - I know you guys live here in GB, there is no excuse why you can't meet us for the tailgate party !!Hell yeah those fools are gonna be there and they are gonna get drunk as skunks!!

Maybe BF4MVP will even get ... his cherry popped? :oops:

Freak Out
07-27-2007, 01:08 PM
I could use miles to get to Chicago on Alaska Airlines (I have a boatload) and rental cars are cheap but would still need a ticket. Anyone have a spare I could buy or suggestions on where to get one?

retailguy
07-27-2007, 01:10 PM

Come on BF4 and JustinHarrel - I know you guys live here in GB, there is no excuse why you can't meet us for the tailgate party !!Hell yeah those fools are gonna be there and they are gonna get drunk as skunks!!

Maybe BF4MVP will even get ... his cherry popped? :oops:

:shock: Which one of the guys is going to do that? :shock: :twisted:

MJZiggy
07-27-2007, 01:13 PM
I got mine from Titletown Tours. I had heard rumor that they were more expensive, but when I poked around the ticket brokers, they were less. There's also one advertised on packers.com that's supposed to be reputable, but I don't know what they're charging. Maybe you and OPF could work together on tickets because one can sometimes be hard to get.

https://www.fantixchange.com/

Freak Out
07-27-2007, 01:22 PM
I got mine from Titletown Tours. I had heard rumor that they were more expensive, but when I poked around the ticket brokers, they were less. There's also one advertised on packers.com that's supposed to be reputable, but I don't know what they're charging. Maybe you and OPF could work together on tickets because one can sometimes be hard to get.

Thanks for the info Zigg, I'll check into it. OPF do you still need a ticket?

Freak Out
07-27-2007, 01:31 PM
Anyone ever do business with this outfit?

http://www.onlineseats.com/nfl-tickets/green-bay-packers/index.asp

Idiots still have Sherman listed as head coach!

retailguy
07-27-2007, 01:36 PM
Anyone ever do business with this outfit?

http://www.onlineseats.com/nfl-tickets/green-bay-packers/index.asp

Idiots still have Sherman listed as head coach!

that ought to tell you something..... a fool and his money are soon parted and I don't think you are a fool.... :P

GBRulz
07-27-2007, 02:47 PM
I know for peace of mind, alot of you want your tickets in hand before you get here. I can certainly understand that....but I'm telling you that you will save money by waiting until game day and heading down to scalpers alley.

I have my feelers out but no luck yet as it's still early, but if you want to get a ticket secured, I suggest www.eventusa.com

You may even want to put an ad on Craiglist (for GB of course) indicating that you are looking for tickets. Use your best begging and pleading faces.....

retailguy
07-27-2007, 03:13 PM
I know for peace of mind, alot of you want your tickets in hand before you get here. I can certainly understand that....but I'm telling you that you will save money by waiting until game day and heading down to scalpers alley.

I have my feelers out but no luck yet as it's still early, but if you want to get a ticket secured, I suggest www.eventusa.com

You may even want to put an ad on Craiglist (for GB of course) indicating that you are looking for tickets. Use your best begging and pleading faces.....

I completely agree with you... but (and a big one), If I was flying in from Oregon and Alaska, I'd kind of want this sewed up before I got there, you know?

You can almost always score a great deal in scalpers alley, ALMOST always. You do go home empty once in a while. That's a long trip and a lot invested to go home early, you know?

oregonpackfan
07-27-2007, 03:26 PM

Thanks for the info Zigg, I'll check into it. OPF do you still need a ticket?

Retailguy,

Yep, I still need a ticket.

I agree with you that I would rather have a ticket in hand rather than be a "Lamb to the Slaughter Scalpers".

I have family in Wisconsin who are trying to make connections for a ticket. If I can get hold of two tickets I will keep you in mind.

OPF

GrnBay007
07-27-2007, 03:42 PM

My friend that went to the Packer/Bear game last season said she was shocked at how FEW scalpers there were out for that game....compared to other games. Could it be that the demand is so high for that game the scalpers don't get as many tickets?

RashanGary
07-27-2007, 03:57 PM
I'll go down with my bro and try to scalp tickets. I'm a little worried that if we start out 3-1 and the Bears start out strong that it will be a hot ticket. I'm committed for the next years game because I'm done with school. My typical week from September through May is 70 hrs but next year it will be just 40 so I'll be living a little more.

retailguy
07-27-2007, 04:32 PM
I'll go down with my bro and try to scalp tickets. I'm a little worried that if we start out 3-1 and the Bears start out strong that it will be a hot ticket. I'm committed for the next years game because I'm done with school. My typical week from September through May is 70 hrs but next year it will be just 40 so I'll be living a little more.

You need not worry about them being 3-1. I'll be doing cartwheels in the street if that's the case.

I still think you'll have trouble getting a ticket at 1-3 and 0-4 for that game, but it'll be easier than your prediction. :wink:

packinpatland
07-27-2007, 05:36 PM

This where I got my tickets, there were cheaper tickets than the ones I got, but then, I'm in row 4..............granted they are in section 127.

Iron Mike
07-27-2007, 06:54 PM
Alright, I'm considering coming for the tailgating, and heading to a local establishment to watch the game on t.v. 8-)

I'm thinking that the out-of-staters that have no access to New Glarus beer need to be hooked up. Who wants to hang with me and do some cow tipping (http://www.newglarusbrewing.com/beers/spottedcow.html)?

GBRulz
07-27-2007, 07:18 PM

My friend that went to the Packer/Bear game last season said she was shocked at how FEW scalpers there were out for that game....compared to other games. Could it be that the demand is so high for that game the scalpers don't get as many tickets?

Was she talking about scalpers alley? Or around the parking lot itself. Remember, anywhere in the city of GB, scalping is illegal. Lambeau is actually in the city of GB. You have to go to Ashwaubenon to find the ticket scalpers.

Ya know also what is going to be a huge factor is the weather. If its raining and cold, tickets will be more accessible. If at this game there are any major records that Favre will surpass, the will drive the cost higher as well. I don't blame you guys coming from out of town to want to secure a ticket ahead of time.

MJZiggy
07-27-2007, 07:23 PM
I heard that he's on pace to break the TD record at this game...wouldn't that be sweet???

KYPack
07-27-2007, 07:25 PM

Ah, dubble Oh,

YEAH, there are less tickets for the Bear game than any other. Those the Pack fans don't snap up, the FIBS grab.

That said, we've always had a lotta luck just going up to GB, trolling the restaurants and bars and getting into any game. Scalpers alley, Stadium view, Fuzzy's joint ( the best on a Thurs or Fri nite) usually produce a pair.

My brother snagged a pair of Bear Tickets 2 hrws before the game after flying in from Colorado. That was a ballsy move on his part, but believe me it has always worked for us.

GBRulz
07-27-2007, 07:37 PM
I heard that he's on pace to break the TD record at this game...wouldn't that be sweet???

Yeah that would be an incredible feat to witness, but I think he will break it before then. IMO, our running game is going to struggle at first, causing us to be more active through the air.

Bretsky
07-28-2007, 01:31 AM
Are we going to score a TD against the Bears Defense ? :?:

HarveyWallbangers
07-28-2007, 01:54 AM
You should be asking if they are going to score a TD against our defense.

Partial
07-28-2007, 02:02 AM
I will be there to tailgate and meet some people. The game will depend on how much a ticket costs.

RashanGary
07-28-2007, 06:51 AM
I might do that too Partial. Are you 21 yet?

GBRulz
07-28-2007, 07:57 AM
So far, I have the following people as attending, even if it is just for the tailgate party.

Tarlam!
Zig
Mad
PackInPatland
OregonPackFan
Harvey
SuperFan
JustinHarrell
Partial
Moi
Bretsky

The Maybe's.....

Rastak
Wist
Freak Out
Iron Mike
Jeffro

Please let me know if your name needs to be added to the list or if plans change and you won't be able to make it.

Since we're on the subject...... let me ask you guys who are attending, your preference of a tailgate party. What kind of party do you want?

Traditional tailgate party in the parking lot somewhere. We will be in charge of bringing all the food, beer, grills, chairs, etc. Might be a little difficult for some traveling here. I mean I'm sure i can get enough chairs and stuff for everyone, but I no longer have my SUV to transport all this stuff in! I went practical for gas purposes a couple months ago, lol.

Option 2 would be attending one of the area tailgate parties. The Packers Official Tailgate is at Brett Favre's steakhouse. It's $25 per person but you will also plunk down $25 to park. Includes all your food and drink.
Marty's Boston Crab also has a nice setup (but it's indoors, I would suggest this option only if it's pouring rain). It doesn't give you the real feel of tailgating and I'm sure alot of you coming here want to experience that.

We could also do a "half and half" thing.
Lots of tents around with food, drinks, live bands, etc and you can just walk around and take everything in. Don't have to worry about bringing anything. Although to cut some of the costs, maybe we can bring our own drinks...plus set up a few chairs for those that don't want to walk all over the place and want somewhere to sit down and just chat, relax, etc.

Your thoughts please!!

GBRulz
07-28-2007, 08:02 AM
Also, to save on parking costs, we can set up a meeting spot outside the area and carpool. Otherwise parking is going to set you back anywhere from $30-$10 a car depending on how close/far you want to be.

Tailgating & parking on the Lambeau grounds is only for season ticket holders only.

Tarlam!
07-28-2007, 09:32 AM
I will go with the flow. Whatever the more experienced Rats do, I'll tag along.

I just can't wait!!

Bretsky
07-28-2007, 10:25 AM
Plan on me as well

Oscar
07-28-2007, 10:30 AM
You can count me as a maybe... I'm tryin like hell to get things worked out so I can come up..At least for the tailgate stuff and to meet some rats. Its around a 10 hour drive for me so making work on Monday will be tuff..lol

packinpatland
07-28-2007, 10:48 AM
For anyone staying in the closeby hotels, parking isn't an issue, right?
Last year we went to the BF Steakhouse tailgate. It was $25 per person. The food was pretty good, and because it was still in the am, there were plently of strong bloody mary's. :wink:

With so many of us are flying in, I'd hate to make you have to try get all the food, drinks, chairs, ect. orgnanized. My vote is go to an already organized tailgate, and let them do the work.

But...............I'm up for whatever the rest wants to do.

packinpatland
07-28-2007, 10:49 AM
I can close my eyes...................and already smell those brats!

GrnBay007
07-28-2007, 11:00 AM
Still looking for a ticket, but I'll be there either way. Can't wait!!

:wait: Is it time yet?????

oregonpackfan
07-28-2007, 11:24 AM
[quote="Tarlam!"]I will go with the flow. Whatever the more experienced Rats do, I'll tag along.

!/quote]

Like Tarlam, I will put my trust in with the experienced Rats.

oregonpackfan
07-28-2007, 11:27 AM
I will be there to tailgate and meet some people. The game will depend on how much a ticket costs.

C,mon, Partial! You need to come to the game as well. Cost of a ticket=PRICELESS! :)

oregonpackfan
07-28-2007, 11:29 AM
Wist, you need to be there! If you come, I promise I will wear a Nick Barnet jersey, just for you! :lol:

GrnBay007
07-28-2007, 11:35 AM
As time gets closer we should plan a lil get together for Sat. too. With the two day minimum on hotels I would guess there will be several Rats looking for a gathering on Sat.

oregonpackfan
07-28-2007, 11:46 AM
As time gets closer we should plan a lil get together for Sat. too. With the two day minimum on hotels I would guess there will be several Rats looking for a gathering on Sat.

I'd be willing to be there for Saturday as well, '007.

packinpatland
07-28-2007, 11:49 AM

I'd be willing to be there for Saturday as well, '007.

Sounds good. I'll be there Sat. also.

MJZiggy
07-28-2007, 11:50 AM
Party in Tarlam's room!!!! He...he...

GBRulz
07-28-2007, 12:55 PM
Party in Tarlam's room!!!! He...he...

Speak for yourself, Zig... :whist: :lol:

GBRulz
07-28-2007, 01:03 PM
For anyone staying in the closeby hotels, parking isn't an issue, right?
Last year we went to the BF Steakhouse tailgate. It was $25 per person. The food was pretty good, and because it was still in the am, there were plently of strong bloody mary's. :wink:

With so many of us are flying in, I'd hate to make you have to try get all the food, drinks, chairs, ect. orgnanized. My vote is go to an already organized tailgate, and let them do the work.

But...............I'm up for whatever the rest wants to do.

I would assume that parking is included in the cost of your hotel. They pretty much have the parking lot blocked off all weekend on home games to make sure people not staying at the hotel don't park there. I believe they give you a sign or something to hang on your rear view mirror.

I think the party at Favre's sounds like a good idea. Plus it's close to the other sports bars, so if people want to walk around and see what else is going on, it would be very convenient. I don't know if there is a limit on the number of tailgate tickets, I will check into that for you guys. If there is, you may want to order yours in advance, otherwise we can just pay at the door. I'll also check on a group discount, which is why it's important that I can get an accurate number for those attending the tailgate party.

GBRulz
07-28-2007, 01:07 PM

and for those coming in on Friday, of course you're going to do the traditional Wisconsin Fish Fry, right?? I believe PIP is coming in on Fri...anyone else?

Zig mentioned organizing a stadium tour for those that were interested on Sat. Those fill up fast though and I don't believe they take reservations. I'd call the PR office to be sure. Maybe they do something for groups?

I'll skip all the "tourist" things like that, but I'm always up for showing friends Brett's house :lol:

MadtownPacker
07-28-2007, 01:12 PM
Whoever is down to get a ticket for reals let me know (PM) because last month I could have won a set of 4 good ones (between the 30s a like 40 or 50 rows back) on eBay for around $800 would which have broke down to $200 a piece which is now sounding like a great deal.

I knew it sound have just bought them. Shit!

Tarlam!
07-28-2007, 01:21 PM
I believe PIP is coming in on Fri...anyone else?

Zig mentioned organizing a stadium tour for those that were interested on Sat. Those fill up fast though and I don't believe they take reservations. I'd call the PR office to be sure.

Yup in on Friday and hoping to do the tourist gig! Hey, think Brett would mind if we set up a tailgate on his front lawn? :P

packinpatland
07-28-2007, 01:50 PM
Zig mentioned organizing a stadium tour for those that were interested on Sat. Those fill up fast though and I don't believe they take reservations. I'd call the PR office to be sure. Maybe they do something for groups?

Best $10 I ever spent. The groups are small, so they do fill up fast.

Bretsky
07-28-2007, 02:10 PM
Wist, you need to be there! If you come, I promise I will wear a Nick Barnet jersey, just for you! :lol:

Is the Javon Walker Jersey a no no ?

Little Whiskey
07-28-2007, 05:00 PM
Unfortunalty i won't be able to make it. my pick up truck would make it that far and they won't let me take betsy on the airplane! maybe if i cut the grass one more time i might find the other truck that i lost a few years back :)

but since i won't be their i expect someone to be taking pictures and posting them on packerrats for those of us who can't make it but can still be part of the fun from the comfort of our couches!

MadtownPacker
07-28-2007, 05:59 PM
Thats too bad LW, I was looking forward to seeing how much whiskey you really can handle. Im sure it wasnt much. :o

Now I gotta know, Bearman, you will be in attendance to watch your "mighty" bears "pummel" our beloved Pack right? :lol:

Rastak
07-28-2007, 06:14 PM
BEARMAN, that would be interesting. It's probably 40/60 if I can make it. Wife didn't sound too happy. It looks like no surgery for me now so if I can sell the idea then I'll be there.

MadtownPacker
07-28-2007, 06:20 PM
Wife didn't sound too happy. It looks like no surgery for me now so if I can sell the idea then I'll be there.
WTF??????? Just tell her one of the posters here is dying and everyone is pitching in for him to get to go to his first (and last) game. This will also give you an excuse to spend some extra dinero.

Damn Im good!!

Rastak
07-28-2007, 06:22 PM
Wife didn't sound too happy. It looks like no surgery for me now so if I can sell the idea then I'll be there.
WTF??????? Just tell her one of the posters here is dying and everyone is pitching in for him to get to go to his first (and last) game. This will also give you an excuse to spend some extra dinero.

Damn Im good!!

That might work.....lemme work out a script.

Partial
07-28-2007, 06:43 PM
I would be more than willing to bring whatever I can fit in the car. We have a bunch of lawn chairs, etc. I wouldn't be able to fit a grill, though.

Perhaps we should have a general fund that everyone attending chips in 10 bucks to and we can organize who buys what in terms of food ahead of time for those that are traveling.

For example, a local could bring the grill, I could buy a bunch of beer or chips or whatever needed to be brought, etc.

By the way, if anyone is buying tickets but is looking at a package that contains one more than they need, please let me know and I will consider taking the other one. Maybe between some of the guys on here who are going by themselves we could look for a set of four tickets online or something?!?

CyclonePackFan
07-28-2007, 06:44 PM
Ugh. I got offered a ticket to this game from a friend and had to turn it down. I'm going to be in Lubbock Saturday night before for the Texas Tech game. Even if I left immediately after the game and drove straight through, I still wouldn't make kickoff.

It just came down to opportunity. There'll be another poster game next year. I won't have a chance to see a game in Lubbock for another 4 seasons, which would be a major setback to my "see a game in every Big XII stadium" timeline.

Partial
07-28-2007, 06:58 PM
We should try to hammer these details out relatively soon so those booking air fare have a good idea on what the total cost is going to be so they can do it soon and get lower rates. Check www.kayak.com out for the best prices and ease of use.

Perhaps we should add a poll as to what to do in terms of tailgating?

If anyone wants to fly into Milwaukee (bigger airport), I can fit a few people in my civic to head up to GB. I'd go Saturday if someone could put me up for a night somewhere for free/cheap, or Sunday morning would work as well if you had a hotel stay. We could split the gas and it'd be cheaper than a rental car by far. This is a direct invitation to Madtown in particular, and anyone else interested. Likewise, if anyone is on the way up to GB and wants to get picked up to save on parking and gas, let me know and i'll pick you up and we can split the cost.

edit: I am sorry, I have control and detail freak embedded in my blood. Just trying to help.

BallHawk
07-28-2007, 07:05 PM
Remember everyone, think before you drink. We don't want to end up with any rat babies. :wink: :D

MJZiggy
07-28-2007, 07:07 PM
Remember everyone, think before you drink. We don't want to end up with any rat babies. :wink: :D

:shock:

packinpatland
07-28-2007, 07:08 PM

:shock:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: !!

GBRulz
07-28-2007, 08:43 PM
Can I add a poll to this thread about what people want to do for tailgating? let me see if I can edit my first post.....

GBRulz
07-28-2007, 08:57 PM
I'm pretty sure those of you coming in from out of state already have your hotels and stuff booked, but if you still need a copy of the hotel list that I put together, just send me a PM. Although finding one at this point is going to be extremely tough :(

Also, if you need a rental car... call the Enterprise on Military Ave. It is MUCH cheaper than renting a car from the airport. It's a $5 cab ride away. Car rental places at airports are always higher because they have to cover the airport fees, etc.
$13.36 a day for a small 4 door, $15 for a mid-size. Where at the airport those same cars are $45 and $52 per day.

GBRulz
07-28-2007, 08:59 PM
but since i won't be their i expect someone to be taking pictures and posting them on packerrats for those of us who can't make it but can still be part of the fun from the comfort of our couches!

I dunno LW, I think what happens at the PR tailgate party, stays at the PR tailgate party. See, all the more reason why you need to get your redneck ass over for this :lol:

packinpatland
07-28-2007, 09:13 PM
I'm pretty sure those of you coming in from out of state already have your hotels and stuff booked, but if you still need a copy of the hotel list that I put together, just send me a PM. Although finding one at this point is going to be extremely tough :(

Also, if you need a rental car... call the Enterprise on Military Ave. It is MUCH cheaper than renting a car from the airport. It's a $5 cab ride away. Car rental places at airports are always higher because they have to cover the airport fees, etc.
$13.36 a day for a small 4 door, $15 for a mid-size. Where at the airport those same cars are $45 and $52 per day.

Thanks for the tip, I was alittle surprised at the price last year.

HarveyWallbangers
07-28-2007, 09:22 PM
As for this poll, you have to go for a traditional party. It's cool to visit Favre's Steakhouse when you get to Green Bay, but that's not the place to be on game day. At least, not for me.

GBRulz
07-28-2007, 09:30 PM
Harv, it's a regular outdoor tailgate party in the parking lot. It's not like the indoors thing at Marty's. http://www.packerfantours.com/tailgate/

Personally, I opt for either the half-half option or the tailgate party at Favre's. Unless we get enough vehicles to be able to haul the grills, chairs, etc. and do people really want to clean up after?

MJZiggy
07-28-2007, 09:34 PM
NO CLEANING. (sorry, gut reaction, but I'm on vacation, dammit)

HarveyWallbangers
07-28-2007, 10:07 PM
Harv, it's a regular outdoor tailgate party in the parking lot. It's not like the indoors thing at Marty's.

I know about the party, but it's also a few blocks from the stadium. We'll have a bunch of tourists that will want to take in the atmosphere. You're spoiled. You are used to the stadium.

I think you'll get more people to come and stay if you have it in the stadium parking lot.

retailguy
07-28-2007, 10:25 PM
edit: I am sorry, I have control and detail freak embedded in my blood.

Really? I hadn't noticed. :P

GBRulz
07-28-2007, 11:00 PM
Harv, it's a regular outdoor tailgate party in the parking lot. It's not like the indoors thing at Marty's.

I know about the party, but it's also a few blocks from the stadium. We'll have a bunch of tourists that will want to take in the atmosphere. You're spoiled. You are used to the stadium.

I think you'll get more people to come and stay if you have it in the stadium parking lot.

Well harv, I don't know what to tell you. Parking inside the lot at Lambeau is not an option for us. Only people with season parking passes can park there. Remember, the Packers lost about 3000 spots since the renovation and 400 spots we're losing this year due to that new "wall". Gone are the days where you'd approach the stadium and see a thick cloud of smoke in the stadium lot. The atmosphere is now everywhere around the stadium. You are not bound to stay at the Packers tailgate party (if we end up having it there) for the whole time. Def get out and walk around and see things! There are parties all over the place.

I do want everyone to experience the atmosphere, that is why I turned down the idea of Marty's right from the beginning.

HarveyWallbangers
07-28-2007, 11:09 PM
When did this change? I tailgated two years ago for the Steelers game. That's after the renovation. Waited in line for them to open the gates, and got in the second row in front of the Oneida entrance.

GBRulz
07-29-2007, 12:45 AM
I'm not sure how you got in either! We tried once and weren't able to, so we never attempted to again.

http://www.lambeaufield.com/stadium_info/parking/

Parking

Game Day Access Map (PDF)
The Lambeau Field parking lot opens four hours prior to kickoff. With the exception of a limited number of first come, first served parking for people with disabilities, the entire stadium lot is sold out to holders of season parking passes. Reserved season parking customers must enter the lot at the entrance indicated on their parking pass and follow the directions given by the parking attendants. No busses, R.V.'s or oversized vehicles are allowed in the Lambeau Field lot.

GBRulz
07-29-2007, 12:51 AM
Here are some FAQ's about misc things about game day, stadium tours, etc that some might find helpful.

http://www.fuzzystickettours.com/fuzzystours/faqs.asp

GBRulz
07-29-2007, 12:53 AM
This tailgate party might be a better option. It's right next to scalpers alley for those that might be looking for tix on game day.

http://www.fuzzystickettours.com/fuzzystours/tailgate+party/default1.asp

HarveyWallbangers
07-29-2007, 12:53 AM
Strange. Maybe they assumed we had a season parking pass.

Partial
07-29-2007, 02:58 AM
GBR knows best and I trust her judgement. Provided it doesn't become an extreme, money is not an object in meeting the rats.

oregonpackfan
07-29-2007, 03:01 PM
NO CLEANING. (sorry, gut reaction, but I'm on vacation, dammit)

My sentiments exactly, MJ. A few minutes of light cleaning won't bother me but extensive cleaning is a no-no.

Let us all try to remember the KISS principle. We all want to meet each other and have fun, but let's keep it simple!

oregonpackfan
07-29-2007, 03:04 PM
GBR knows best and I trust her judgement. Provided it doesn't become an extreme, money is not an object in meeting the rats.

I think Partial makes a good point, especially for us out-of-staters or those of us who have been away from Wisconsin for a long time.

GBRulz, as a Green Bay resident, is not only aware of the history but of the recent changes to stadium parking, ins-and-outs, etc.

I am putting my confidence in her judgment. :)

MadtownPacker
07-29-2007, 03:39 PM
I am putting my confidence in her judgment. :)I am too and she best come thru or I will put my something (not my confidence) in her something (not her judgement).

:lol:

GBRulz
07-29-2007, 06:12 PM
Your wallet in my hand? :wink:

Ok, who here wants the traditional tailgate besides harvey? Speak up !!

Rastak
07-29-2007, 06:21 PM
Your wallet in my hand? :wink:

Ok, who here wants the traditional tailgate besides harvey? Speak up !!

I would like traditional although it's quite iffy that I'll be there. I'd probably have to get there Sat and leave Monday.

Is there going to be a post game get together? How far away will I have to lodge? How the heck do I get to lambeau from where lodging lies? I don't drive when I'm pounding a few.

GBRulz
07-29-2007, 06:26 PM
Is there going to be a post game get together? After tailgating all day, it depends who isn't passed out by then! The game will probably get over around 10:30ish

How far away will I have to lodge? All hotels within 30 miles are booked. May I suggest the phone a friend option? lol...seriously though Ras, it's tough to find hotels. Your best bet is just to keep calling and hope you find a cancellation somewhere. I have a list of hotels if u need it.

How the heck do I get to lambeau from where lodging lies? I don't drive when I'm pounding a few. Some hotels are within stumbling distance, some are not. GB does have taxi's!

Partial
07-29-2007, 06:34 PM
aw shucks I did not realize this was a monday night game. I get done with class by Noon on Mondays so I suppose I could get there by 2:30-3ish.

That would be a blast!!

GBRulz
07-29-2007, 06:35 PM
no, Partial, it's a Sunday night game.

Rastak
07-29-2007, 06:56 PM
Is there going to be a post game get together? After tailgating all day, it depends who isn't passed out by then! The game will probably get over around 10:30ish

How far away will I have to lodge? All hotels within 30 miles are booked. May I suggest the phone a friend option? lol...seriously though Ras, it's tough to find hotels. Your best bet is just to keep calling and hope you find a cancellation somewhere. I have a list of hotels if u need it.

How the heck do I get to lambeau from where lodging lies? I don't drive when I'm pounding a few. Some hotels are within stumbling distance, some are not. GB does have taxi's!

Oh, it's a night game! Well, that is a different kettle of fish. Maybe I can pull it off by leaving the Twin Cities Sunday morning early and going home Monday. I might be able to sell that.

retailguy
07-29-2007, 06:58 PM
Oh, it's a night game! Well, that is a different kettle of fish. Maybe I can pull it off by leaving the Twin Cities Sunday morning early and going home Monday. I might be able to sell that.

How come you don't have the schedule memorized? A good troll would know that.... :wink:

HarveyWallbangers
07-29-2007, 06:59 PM
Superfan and I don't have a hotel room. We usually get them right away--within a couple of miles from the stadium. However, we had some doubts as to whether this would happen, and we don't have tickets, so we didn't want to spend money on something that might not materialize. We are now working on the mmmdk method. We'll show up, and hope somebody allows us to crash on their floor. Any volunteers?

We do know a couple people in Green Bay, so we might be able to crash with them. We plan on going up Saturday and coming back Monday. We've already invited you to ride with us, Rastak.

MJZiggy
07-29-2007, 07:10 PM
I thought you guys were crashing on Tarlam's floor...Hmmmm....I just had a brilliant idea...Harvey, check your pm...

Rastak
07-29-2007, 07:16 PM
Late breaking news. Wife has agreed to allow me to travel to GB for the game. This permission can be revoked at any time, I hope you understand. If I book a room, that would help cement it. Any suggestions on a cheap motel or hotel close to the party site?

oregonpackfan
07-29-2007, 08:00 PM
Glad to have you, Rastak! Perhaps once you arrive at Lambeau, all of us PR can take you to the statue of St. Vincent and officially baptize you as a Packer Fan!

I am not a priest, have never played one on TV, but I was twice recipient of "Altar Boy Of The Month" award. That should qualify me to conduct the Packer Fan Baptismal Ceremony! :)

Rastak
07-29-2007, 08:10 PM
Glad to have you, Rastak! Perhaps once you arrive at Lambeau, all of us PR can take you to the statue of St. Vincent and officially baptize you as a Packer Fan!

I am not a priest, have never played one on TV, but I was twice recipient of "Altar Boy Of The Month" award. That should qualify me to conduct the Packer Fan Baptismal Ceremony! :)

All the history should be cool. I've long wanted to check out Lambaeu. My father used to drive there in the 70's many times to watch Vikes-Pack but he never took me. There's an elite bunch at my company that travel to GB every year for the Vikes - Pack on the company dime but I've yet to crack their ranks.

packinpatland
07-29-2007, 08:10 PM
aw shucks I did not realize this was a monday night game. I get done with class by Noon on Mondays so I suppose I could get there by 2:30-3ish.

That would be a blast!!

It's a Sunday Night game................no excuses now! :wink:

packinpatland
07-29-2007, 08:12 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: And the baptismal 'water' should probably be a cold beer, right?

Rastak
07-29-2007, 08:20 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: And the baptismal 'water' should probably be a cold beer, right?

No question about it.

GBRulz
07-30-2007, 07:36 AM
updated list as of Monday AM

The yes's

Tarlam!
Zig
Mad
PackInPatland (1)
OregonPackFan
Harvey
SuperFan
JustinHarrell
Partial
GBR (2)
Bretsky
Rastak

The Maybe's.....

Wist
Freak Out
Iron Mike
Jeffro

Please notify me of any changes. We want to have an accurate count as possible because I'm going to see about group discounts for tailgating parties.

Also, if there are others who will be coming with you, please speak up! I will put a number next to your name, this represents additional people.

Tarlam!
07-30-2007, 02:52 PM
Superfan and I don't have a hotel room. We usually get them right away--within a couple of miles from the stadium. However, we had some doubts as to whether this would happen, and we don't have tickets, so we didn't want to spend money on something that might not materialize. We are now working on the mmmdk method. We'll show up, and hope somebody allows us to crash on their floor. Any volunteers?

We do know a couple people in Green Bay, so we might be able to crash with them. We plan on going up Saturday and coming back Monday. We've already invited you to ride with us, Rastak.

I gotcha backs, including Ras. Bring sleeping bags. I dunno if there's an extra charge from the hotel, if so, it's yours to enjoy!

GBRulz
07-30-2007, 03:55 PM
After talking to some of you through email or PM's, I am finding that I wasn't clear enough on my definition of a traditional tailgate party. I apologize for that. Anyhow, the overwhelming repsonse is that nobody wants to deal with hauling grills, chairs, tables, food, coolers, etc and cleaning it all up. Most of you are from out of town anyhow, so the easiest and most convenient way is to attend a tailgate party already set up for us. It's still outdoors, it's still in the middle of everything, it's "the" atmosphere that I want all of you to experience...blah blah blah !!

Look for a new thread in the next day or two as I'm going to have you guys vote on which outdoor tailgate party we'll go to. Just waiting to hear back from a couple of different places on group discounts.

Mods - Mr. Mad... you can unsticky this thread now - ty