View Full Version : Mel Kiper's take

Bossman641
05-01-2006, 12:52 AM
Kiper graded all the teams

If you want to see the whole list go here
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/columns/story?id=2412734

Here's what he had to say about the North

Chicago Bears: GRADE: B
The Bears traded out of the first round and were still able to get secondary help in Danieal Manning. Devin Hester is a great athlete, but is he a cornerback or wide receiver? Hester will help the Bears in the return game. Dusty Dvoracek will get worked into the rotation at defensive tackle, and I really like the pick of defensive end Mark Anderson in the fifth round. J.D. Runnels could start as a rookie at fullback and was a great find in the sixth round. I was surprised they didn't address needs at tight end and wide receiver.

Detroit Lions: GRADE: C+
I thought I'd be higher on the Lions, but what concerned me was that they passed on Leinart. Ernie Sims is a good linebacker and Daniel Bullocks is a good prospect at safety. I also like the pick of RB Brian Calhoun in the third round if they can work him into the rotation with Kevin Jones. Guard Fred Matua was a very good pick, especially in the seventh round.

Green Bay Packers: GRADE: B
The Packers had a lot of picks (12) and definitely some reaches. Linebacker A.J. Hawk will give the Packers a much-needed face on defense. Offensive tackle Daryn Colledge needs to get stronger and become a better run blocker. I really like wide receiver Greg Jennings, linebacker Abdul Hodge and and Jason Spitz. I gave Green Bay an A after the first day.

Minnesota Vikings: GRADE: C+
Linebacker Chad Greenway was a very good pick, while Cedric Griffin is a solid defensive back who needs to play the ball better. Ryan Cook is a versatile center who could be moved elsewhere on the offensive line. Quarterback Tarvaris Jackson went a bit high, but has a chance to be the Vikings future quarterback. Defensive end Ray Edwards struggled as a junior and I thought he needed another season at Purdue.